Woman Escapes Jail After Drunken Crash

Friday January 3 2014

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A WOMAN who crashed her partner's car after drinking ten pints of lager and a bottle of wine has been given a suspended prison sentence.

Emma Smith, 26, who was given a 16-week jail sentence, suspended for a year, was described as 'absolutely gone' when she was found on a verge on Dearne Valley Parkway.

Alan Greaves, defending, told Barnsley Magistrates' Court that Smith had led a normal, uneventful life until February 2012.

He said: "Suddenly, something went wrong and the wheels have come off. Goodness knows what happened in her life. It's a mystery.

"She had had pints and pints and a bottle of wine. She was absolutely gone.

"You cannot realise the regret she feels. Let us hope that by the time she gets her driving licence back she has got herself sorted out."

George Hazel-Owram, prosecuting, said Smith was 'distressed' when police turned up at the roadside.

He said: "She took her partner's car while he was asleep. The car went into a ditch. She had just completed a two-year driving ban."

Smith, of Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, admitted drink driving, taking a car without the owner's consent, having no insurance and breaching a conditional discharge.

She was ordered to undergo six months of alcohol treatment and to pay costs of £85 and a victim surcharge of £80. She was also banned from driving for 36 months.

Reply Posted by A Bouttell on Friday January 3 2014 at 13:30
Some people get away with anything.

Reply Posted by LOL on Sunday January 5 2014 at 10:32
DONT DRINK AND DRIVE, AM TELLING YER NA, DALL SPILL IT.

Reply Posted by Me on Monday January 6 2014 at 07:37
Welcome to 2014 and the Kilkenny W A B roadshow.

Reply Posted by PC on Friday January 3 2014 at 13:39
Should bring back hanging!

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 13:47
Ahhh it's reyt judge u let her get her licence back wonder how long it will take for her to be back infront ov a judge again ban her from drivin she a danger to all on the road what will it take for her to stop doin stuff like this when she killed some one or a family absolutely pathetic 're offends n gets away with it cos she feels bad stop flaming drinkin n doin drugs

Reply Posted by dad&brother killedby drink driver on Friday January 3 2014 at 13:50
The judge is as bad as she is.deep regret my arse.probably because she was caught.and no doubt she will do it again.

Reply Posted by Carl on Friday January 3 2014 at 13:59
She should have been locked up for at least 10yrs ... Could have killed someone

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 14:14
Init the fact that she jus got cleared ov a two year ban n she back on road bin a dick

Reply Posted by Chris on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:03
Sounds a lot like an incident I was involved in. A car hit me over Christmas, i followed her in my car to give her a piece of my mind. Eventually got her to stop and she was completely out of it. Reported it to the police, they came and arrested her and she couldn't even walk. She was also uninsured, over three times the limit and had just got her license back from a ban. Police told me she would definitely be going to jail.

No reward from crime stoppers by the way because I reported it to the police, not them. This has to be wrong... If reporting it to them caused police to arrive 5 mins later, she could have drove off again and killed someone. I don't think it's right to encourage people to call them instead of the police!!

Reply Posted by chris on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:13
Why would you want a reward for doing the right thing and your civil duty?????

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:42
Hmmmm u seem to av very low standards of what a lady should act like n drink driving is not one ov them

Reply Posted by TO RALPH LAUREN on Friday January 3 2014 at 15:56
GI-ORE DONT CUM ALL INNOCENT R BET DA NOT AS WHITE AS DA MECKING ART.

Reply Posted by T on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:08
This girl is a disgrace to the village she is still constantly drunk an causing trouble

Reply Posted by and biscuits on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:24
Lock her up and make it safe for the rest of us. She will devastate someone's family one day.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:14
For one my name is Lauren not Ralph Lauren n secondly I am not painting myself out to be any thing but one thing I would never ever do n that's goin out drivin while hammered n off mi tits on mcat I am a mother ov two I av respect for myself for my body for my kids n my partner n I would never do anything that would embarrass or put shame on my families name some people need to give there head a shake n wake up before they really do do some harm to themselves or others

Reply Posted by sid on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:18
Oh Lauren, I like your posts. You seem to be forever suffering from pmt, but! You say it how it is ,and you sound like a good lass. Good values,and strong.
Don't get mad about the pmt bit, its a bit off fun! Haha.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:20
P.s Lauren, glad to see your posts are getting easier to read. Keep it up.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:24
Sid - I bet Lauren got Spell Checker for Xmas. Still working out how to use by the looks of her post..

Reply Posted by sid on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:26
Ooooer Kilkenny, leave it! Be warned! She,all have you! Like her posts,she,s real.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:01
Bloody hell Sid. You have mellowed over xmas. She writes like a young kid, You sould not encourage the poor lass. Sounds like Lauren needs help . Extra tuition would be top of the New Year wish list..

Reply Posted by sid on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:34
She's a good lass though. She's got values, that,all do for me.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:45
Actually Kilkenny I updated my dictionary on my iPhone u might be from the stone ages were spell checkers still exsist consider ur from London ur not down wi much r u u fool

Reply Posted by T on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:52
It's not much harder putting 'you' rather than 'u' and 'you're' than 'ur' though is it? Seen as though the iPhone predicts words as you type. It must be more effort trying to get the iPhone to spell the words wrong than actually typing correctly.
Text talk #leaveitin2004

Reply Posted by Kfc on Friday January 3 2014 at 16:55
This sends out the wrong message from the courts. She has not been given no fitting punishment she will be, probably back behind the wheel in days you watch.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:05
Actually it's harder gettin my iPhone to spell correctly considering my fone is full ov slang text for all u moaners who can't stop busy bodying around the fact some one uses slang rather proper words at least I av improved to chill art pipe darn n get back on ur perch one throws an insults n some one else as to stick there ten pence in

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:08
Lauren - Have you tried altering the settings on you iphone? Would help if you changed the Language to English instead of Gobbledegup.. retard.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:08
Waaaaayyyy it's gone on Google for a new insult top ov class for u there Kilkenny n I am a young lass u moron

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:14
Pretty good that dude or is it dudette not quiet who n what am speakin to hard to take advice from some one like urself must be hard sat up there all high n mighty be quiet lonely up there

Reply Posted by haha on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:16
quiet or quite

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 17:28
See I told u it's hard as owt to get mi fone to spell correctly ment quite lonely up there it's ment to say

Reply Posted by Warrior on Friday January 3 2014 at 18:39
@lauren did you buy your phone of some geezer from Athersley in a straight Jacket carrying a 50 inch tv under is left arm and smoking margi warner in his right.

He sold me my phone it says Fooooooooooooook OFfffffffffffffffffffff.

Every time I try to spellcheck. What while I catch up with the Tw@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@t.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 3 2014 at 18:51
I think uve been smokin too much waki baki mate cos I thought I talked shit but that is an hilarious attempt on insultin me

firstly how can a man in a straight jacket hold a 50inch tv under one arm while smoking a joint with the other hand

N that Shite thas put on end well not even Guna bother wasting me time on it cos that jus says it all about urself numb nugget

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Friday January 3 2014 at 19:20
That Lauren wants putting in a straight jacket..To keep her away from that bloody phone!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 00:05
Hi Lauren and Sid - I have been out on a leaving do tonight. LOL has been posting in my name. He goes on about spellcheckers but I seldom use them in my job. I write for a living!

Reply Posted by Sid on Saturday January 4 2014 at 00:23
You are going to have to stop all the stirring Kilkenny@ I cant believe it to be LOL has his writing is not good. Sadly you are very hard to understand these days. Because even you admit some of your posts are vile.

Reply Posted by LOL on Saturday January 4 2014 at 00:25
WHAT GRAFFITI KILKENNY OR SIGNING YOUR GIRO..

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday January 4 2014 at 16:16
Ayy dear me. Kilkenny goes on bout my spellin n needin a spell checker. Goin back to school n learnin how to put a sentence together would be on the top ov my to do list. Can't complain to others bout bad grammar when ur doin it urself

Reply Posted by Kfc on Saturday January 4 2014 at 17:10
Kilkenny any chance the leaving do was leaving the Country.

Reply Posted by Bj on Saturday January 4 2014 at 17:12
LadyBoy land I'd guess.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 17:33
Ladyboy land? Dear me. Do people still use outdated terms like that anymore? Not acceptable in 2014.

Reply Posted by Richard on Saturday January 4 2014 at 18:12
Kilkenny would still find away to slate all the nice folk on WAB. She Devil lives in Cuckoo land and still abuses all People who may be worse of than her. If I believe what I have read on WAB, Kilkenny has issues in her life and has a lot of hatred from her past. Maybe Kilkenny you could find Help and 2014 will be a better Year for you..

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday January 4 2014 at 19:02
Well said Richard in a politer way than I would av put lol

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:09
Dearie me. Lauren do you not realise that at least one person on here constantly posts in my name. Your username is not unique like on mumsnet.

Reply Posted by kilkeny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:11
Any idiot could see that the post above made by Richard is not the regular poster Richard. Look at the writing style. The poster above is not eloquent at all. No spaces after the full stops either......

Reply Posted by anon on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:12
Maybe everyone should just use anon. The trolling would stop.

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday January 4 2014 at 23:07
Ok Kilkenny

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 23:22
Ok Lauren hahahahah only kidding spell checker.

Reply Posted by lauren on Sunday January 5 2014 at 12:35
My name might be common but no one can be me. I might be a bit ov a gob shite but av got a heart a gold n fowk who no me would tell ya same

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Sunday January 5 2014 at 14:28
A suspended sentence?

WTF is going on with these namby pamby idiotic magistrates?

Bout time they replaced by "normal" people...

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Sunday January 5 2014 at 23:16
@LOL - Sure my job involves signing giros for a living. If I can take home £3200 a month for doing that I will jack in my job tommorow. Why bother working?

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Sunday January 5 2014 at 23:34
Who gives a shit Kilkenny ?

You will still be a boring waste of space.

Now leave us Barnsley folk alone and go spend your wages.. SAD COW

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Monday January 6 2014 at 09:26
Hello LOL

Are you still cottaging?

Reply Posted by :) on Monday January 6 2014 at 16:49
told keyboard warriers at it again. LOL get a life

Reply Posted by oh dear on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:29
seems the troll warriors are out in force...

Reply Posted by Fred on Monday January 6 2014 at 21:16
Let's see what the *Say No To The Beedroom Tax* crew think of this then.

For a start, stop smoking!

Reply Posted by Fred on Monday January 6 2014 at 21:28
And there you have it. The Say no to the bedroom tax crew are getting upset because they can't grow weed in their spare room.

Happy new year!