Men Jailed For Roles In Major Drug Ring

Wednesday January 8 2014

A MAN has been jailed for six years along with 15 conspirators for his role in financing drug importations with a street value of £13m.

Paul Arabskyj, 57, was found guilty by a jury at Leeds Crown Court of conspiracy to import illegal, synthetic drugs and was jailed after the judge said he had 'an important role in financing the operation'.

Arabskyj and other co-conspirators, from across Yorkshire, were jailed to a total of more than 40 years for their parts in the importation of hundreds of kilos of the Class B drugs.

The court was told that while the gang's ringleader John Halliday managed the operation, complex financial arrangements were put in place to fund the purchase of the drugs and launder the money received.

Property developer and mortgage broker Arabskyj was said to have either invested or loaned money to fund the purchase of the drugs.

When police went to one of Arabskyj's homes at Hunters Lodge, Woolley, he had a Bentley, Mercedes and Rolls Royce parked in the grounds and £116,000 in cash was found in the boot of the Rolls - one note bearing the fingerprint of a known drug supplier.

He organised importation of the drugs and was found guilty in his absence of conspiracy to supply a controlled drug, conspiracy to contravene section 170 of the Customs and Excise Act and jailed for ten years.

Halliday dealt in bodybuilding supplements and, before April 2010, ran a lucrative sideline in so-called 'legal highs'.

Originally from Bingley, he went on the run and is believed to be in the Philippines.

The drugs were classified as Class B and their importation, sale or possession became illegal in April 2010.

But rather than end his involvement, Halliday set up a highly sophisticated smuggling operation.

The drugs were imported into the country from China and India, through Greece and Germany.

Det Insp Neil Hollis, of West Yorkshire Police's crime division, said: "The drugs importation would not have been able to take place on the scale that it did without the financial assistance of Arabskyj.

"He was a professional in mortgage consultancy and I hope that this case demonstrates that we will pursue those of all walks of life who are involved in money laundering offences."

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 09:34
Haha serves him reyt the numpty n yet again it some one from a different country not racist before any one havin a pop jus pointin out that it always seems to be people from different countrys n they seem to have more than us English fowk work my arse off everyday n ad never make that much money make me sick

Reply Posted by Anon on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 10:56
Ludicrous comment. He's English. Do your research before opening your ill-informed mouth.

Reply Posted by Redrew on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 11:03
So you can tell whether a persons is foreign just from their name? He's actually British acoording to his profile at companies house. How blinkered and bigotted can you be?

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 11:08
@Lauren - The guy is English. I thought you would have learned your lesson. STOP making accusations until you have the Full facts.

Reply Posted by redrew on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 11:18
The name Lauren is a Latin baby name. In Latin the meaning of the name Lauren is: Of Laurentum. From the place of the laurel leaves.

So you must be Italian!

Reply Posted by Fred on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 20:42
All Lauren's comment 'I'm bit racist but' maybe not but she's certainly thick and barely literate.

Reply Posted by Tracy on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 09:40
6 YEARS is that it ? What a joke !!! How many life's has he managed to help ruin and he gets 6 years :0 shocking

Reply Posted by Barney on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 10:08
I'm not racist but.... John Halliday from Bingley (The gang leader) sounds awfully English to me. The criminals at this level work multi-nationally and involve many nationalities their only concern is money and what you can buy with it. Agree the sentences seem mild when set against the rewards gained, let's hope that all involved come out to nothing eg no home, car, bank balance etc it's the least they deserve.

Reply Posted by Jon on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 11:09
@Lauren you are racist. Why no mention of the very English sounding RINGLEADER John Halliday in your ignorant post? Or is he one of the hard working English fowk? We breed more than enough of our own criminals in this country. I think some people believe we use to live in a eutopic crime free paradise before all those bloody foreigners came over. Well we didn't. There's English drug dealers, burglars, paedophiles, murderers, rapists in this country and there's "English fowk" commiting those same crimes in other peoples countries (do some research into how many British ex-pats commit child sex crimes in the Far East) so don't get high and mighty when other nations come and do the same to us.

Reply Posted by Dee on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 18:09
Not many English terrorists though is there Jon?

Reply Posted by lol on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 12:09
Really 6 ? makes U laff that. 1 drug dealer gets 25yrs for shopping drugs yet another 6yrs for drugs big difference but that's the English justice system for U they shud all get same not different drugs is drugs end of day so all drug dealers shud always get same

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 12:33
How kind of someone to post in my name at 11.08am this morning. I would have said the exact same thing, so many thanks.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny Barnsley on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 16:46
Excuse me " Kilkenny" I posted in my OWN NAME.

Didn't know that there is only 1 Kilkenny in Barnsley.

I will remind my family (Kilkennys) from Barnsley. Yes born and bred..

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 13:40
I thought I said it seems but I haven't I put yet again it's some one n I apologise I will read through my comment before hittin post n am not a racist never have and never will be a racist n Kilkenny who r u like u talkin bout my comment av u seriously read ur own posts it easy to say some one else as posted in ur name but I admit n explained why it as came out like that I'm on my phone n it's all predictive text but I will check before hittin post sorry if I offended any one

Reply Posted by Littleoldlady on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 15:04
At the end of the day they will only serve half of their sentence. They could shoot all dealers for me.

Reply Posted by Fw on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 18:15
Don't worry, he will get a good seeing to inside. Im sure he'll get bent over a few times.

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 18:28
Redrew@ I am 100% English lived in Barnsley all my life n yeah I new my was Italian

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday January 8 2014 at 20:59
Hahaha u talk shit m8 cos were av I put "I'm bit racist but" in any ov my comments hmmmmm I think the answer is no where Fred n Fred if ur goin to insult come up wi something better m8

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday January 9 2014 at 09:12
What is m8 Lauren? Is it one of those designer drugs?

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 09:30
Oh my goodness are you serious m8=mate Jesus that not hard to work out and no drug is designer you moron all drugs are bad are you sure your from Barnsley even mi grandma new what m8 is showed her and she just laughed at your comment and 88 licl boy/girl trying to be big and clever grandma's word for word

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 09:31
And she's 88 ment to say

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday January 9 2014 at 10:29
Sorry Lauren, I write for a living. I don't understand text speak. I don't use it.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday January 9 2014 at 10:45
@lauren - Don't call me a moron. I have read from your other posts that you are a mother. Please refrain from helping your brat with their homework, especially English!

Is it true you are doing a Masters degree in Sociology (sniggers)?

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:15
Wow how big of you to bring my innocent little kids into this. Really below the belt. What have my kids said or done to you? Absolutely nothing. You have a problem with me then insult me not my kids.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:23
By the way I have reported you to Wab as it's not fair you insulting my children just because I called you a moron like i said insult me am the one who upset you hit a nerve what ever just don't call my kids they've not done anything wrong to any one

Reply Posted by Peter Lincoln on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:49
WAB - This is getting far from beyond a joke.

Kilkenny upsetting a young lady by slating her children.Bringing innocent kids into the argument is pretty dam well low,

Kilkenny needs to grow up and get a life, obviously hasn't got one.

Kilkenny states in previous post- Lives in a upmarket area of London with a well paid job.

Sorry Kilkenny you need help has you seem to have a lot of hatred for your fellow WABers.

For goodness sake Kilkenny get on with your beautiful life (sniggers) because you sound like the most boring self centred person anybody could ever meet.

Lauren = keep posting has I enjoy your strength to be able to fight your corner..

Reply Posted by Peter Linncoln on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:51
Kilkenny@ You don't like been called a MORON then stop acting like a MORON.

Reply Posted by Warrior on Thursday January 9 2014 at 20:43
@ Kilkenny the first rule of forums sand open debates is not to be direct or personal threats to other people.

Especially to other members children or family.

I think you are a vile person and some of your comments in your posts are below the belt.

Having lived and worked in a London for over 20 years, I am aware the ignorant cockney people would rather spit in your face because you're a northerner and would not piss on you or ant other person born this side of Milton Keynes.

You decided for what ever reason to go South and live in London so whatever reason you feel obliged ever time to get on Barnsley Wab to insult people.

Now let me get this straight from the tarn. Either accept us for what we are we may not all be stockbrokers or City Accounts or solicitors.

But one thing for sure we are Barnsley Breed and proud of it so Piss of you Barnsley Reject.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday January 9 2014 at 22:05
Thanks for the comments very kind of you but it's true what I say my kids have done nothing wrong to any one and don't deserve to be brought into an argument if people have a problem with me then fair enough take it up with me not call my kids names.

Reply Posted by Jon on Friday January 10 2014 at 07:26
@Dee - the 7/7 bombers were English. I suppose what you actually meant was "white English" in which case I will point you in the direction of animal rights activists, the vast majority of which are "white English/British". These groups routinely sabotage building and vehicles and threaten the lives of scientists etc. They have been known to use explosives to damage property and a cell of white British "activists" (terrorists) have been linked to explosions and murders in Europe and USA.

Reply Posted by danni on Friday January 10 2014 at 08:38
Bit quiet now eh Kilkenny. Warrior couldn't have said it better myself.

Reply Posted by sandra on Friday January 10 2014 at 08:51
what is this about fgs, kilkenny slating someone again or the fact that a drug pusher has been caught and dealt with, HE SHOULD HAVE GOT LONGER AND SO SHOULD ANYONE WHO HELPS TO KILL PEOPLE WITH THE CRAP THEY SELL

Reply Posted by Carl on Friday January 10 2014 at 09:16
Should have got life ... How many life's have they wrecked ... Families etc

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 10 2014 at 11:37
@sandra kilkenny wasn't just slating any one Kilkenny was insulting my children because I said Kilkenny was a moron but there two one been nice and another insults my children

Reply Posted by john rotch on Friday January 10 2014 at 11:45
He deserves a medal

Reply Posted by Observer on Friday January 10 2014 at 16:39
Iagree with lauren. And why cant we make racists remarks? Why cant people make comments without being branded "racist" racist is a word which foreigners tend to use frequently if there is something being done, changed, or said. And they dont like We need to be more chalenging on the word racism. We are all racists. Every race is racist. Its tome we al got out of this idiotic mode. The guys name is not what you would cal a proper english barnsley name is it ?? Glad hes been locked up. Whoever it is.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 10 2014 at 18:41
Hey observer don't agree with me you'll get an email off Wab like I did sayin that they don't tolerate racial hate and that's what my comment is doing promting racial hate and others agree with that my comments is disgusting according to the WABers

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday January 10 2014 at 23:22
Er @Observer - racist remarks aren't acceptable. I have never had a warning email off WAB. On this site there is too much racism and bigotry.

Lauren - you may now have realised there is a nice Kilkenny and a vile Kilkenny. They are separate posters. Look at my lovely comments on the 'Pregnant Ladies Smoking thread . I supported you.

Warrior - please do not bully me. I will continue to post. Yes I live in a very upmarket part of London. I lived in Barnsley for many years. I will continue to post.

Reply Posted by lauren on Friday January 10 2014 at 23:58
Yes I do understand there's a nice kilkenny and a nasty Kilkenny like you said before in a post Wab should only allow one person to use a the name as it does cause a lot of upset and confusion and it's true I promise I had an email off some one called Josh from Wab and said that I am promoting racial hate and it will not be tolerated but my comments is not that bad well I don't think it owt major and thank you

Reply Posted by Ian on Saturday January 11 2014 at 14:39
One Kilkenny and that's a vile person from London cardboard city.

WE ARE LONDON----WE ARE LOSERS

Reply Posted by lauren on Saturday January 11 2014 at 21:26
God knows who it was but either way that person got reported for saying what they said and hopefully Wab did something about the report I made about what this person said