Family Have Lucky Escape After Early Hours Fire

Monday December 23 2013

A FAMILY of five have had a lucky escape after a fire broke out in the kitchen of their home.

Two fire crews from Barnsley and Cudworth stations were called at around 3:30am on Friday morning to the house on Coniston Road in Barnsley.

The end terrace property was well alight when crews arrived.

The family were already safely outside the house after being woken by their alarm.

Firefighters used hose reels to put the fire out, which is believed to have started at the fridge freezer.

Crews left the scene at 5:30am.

Reply Posted by sharon on Monday December 23 2013 at 14:35
my niece and her family please folks if you dont have smoke alarms get them and if ya do check them lost all posestions but at least we still have all our family things can be replaced

Reply Posted by Miss.N on Monday December 23 2013 at 14:37
How bad was the damage Sharon? It sounds like it took the whole house :( What a terrible time for it to happen too.

Reply Posted by Sonia on Monday December 23 2013 at 14:41
I live on the same street, I was totally shocked when I saw the house, so glad they are all safe. Xx

Reply Posted by Tracey on Monday December 23 2013 at 14:52
Your rite Sharon...get smoke alarms n check n change batteries when u do..x
My mum n dad live across rd from the family n were worried about them...am so glad to be able to tell em there ok n so glad myself there ok..xx

Reply Posted by Sonia on Monday December 23 2013 at 15:06
On wabs other post they are offered a free Christmas dinner at a resteraunt in darton. Lovely gesture by the owner. Xx

Reply Posted by sharon on Monday December 23 2013 at 15:06
the kids gifts ect where at grandmas house ready for christmas but lost every thing else my very brave little great niece led them all to safety we are a close knit family and they will be ok and yes santa will find gracie even though she isnt at home x,

Reply Posted by craig wade on Monday December 23 2013 at 16:44
Hi if thair is anythink i can help with u can email me for further informoin on craigwad2013@gmail.com ok and ill help in any way i can i Lost my best freind in a House fire like this One hope u are all ok and glad they all got out saftley

Reply Posted by Ebonnie on Monday December 23 2013 at 18:06
I spoke to the lady who owned the house Saturday 22nd December when I served her in Primark. I am so glad that everyone is alright it's such a terrible thing to happen. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Reply Posted by sharon on Monday December 23 2013 at 19:12
thankyou to craig and to every one else i will pass on your kind wishes and offers

Reply Posted by dee on Monday December 23 2013 at 21:17
we will sure they get looked after as staying where i work hope they still av a gud christmas x

Reply Posted by sharon on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 16:07
saw them today they feel very humbled for all the offers of support and comfort thankyou once again to everyone on their behalf x,

Reply Posted by Vicky on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 16:15
Shes an amazing lady and a loved colleague all our thoughts are with her and the kids. X

Reply Posted by claire on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 16:18
Our ellie the little hero x

Reply Posted by caroline on Thursday December 26 2013 at 12:14
Hi please im moving home soon and starting a fresh I will have beds et cet all great condition from a pet and smoke free home which I would donate to help this family, is there anyway I could contact them xx

Reply Posted by maud on Thursday December 26 2013 at 12:20
Sharon so glad all ur family is safe and well but who is gracie I keep reading the comment but it sound like gracie is missing but she is not a person I am very sorry if I have got it wrong

Reply Posted by samantha cooper on Thursday December 26 2013 at 12:31
Hi is there anywhere to make a donation ? Also I've lots of spare bedding if that's of any use to the family ? X

Reply Posted by Nicki on Thursday December 26 2013 at 13:32
Such an awful thing to happen at any time, but especially so close to christmas. I am very glad the family are all safe and well. I'm amazed and proud to see so many people here offering help in any way they can, it's such a rare thing seen these days xx

Reply Posted by sharon on Friday December 27 2013 at 08:32
hello id just like to say on behalf of my neice its very kind of all the people who are offering things to the famly money items of furniture ect she is very humbled by all this but was fully insured and and insurance will cover every thing for the family if anyone wfeels they would like to donate anything could they please give to the british red cross or the firemens benevoland fund thankyou once again and also to tthe person asking who gracie is she is the youngest child who was worried father christmas wouldd not find her at premeire inn ;) obviousley he did !!!thankyou once again to all the people of barnsley even tho times are hard the people of barnsley never fail to hold out a hand to others makes us proud to come form such a town x.

Reply Posted by Brad taylor on Monday April 4 2016 at 21:31