Nude Model Recommends Posing For Body Conscious

Friday January 3 2014

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

STRIPPING naked in a full room of people is the best cure for a lack of body confidence, according to a nude model from Barnsley.

Diane Miah, 51, of Wheatley Close, Honeywell, poses naked for pupils in a life drawing class at Horizon Community College.

Diane turned to modelling when she turned 50.

"I was a bit body conscious in my younger years," she said. "I never really had the confidence to do it but I really enjoy it now. I'd recommend it to anyone."

She got into modelling when her partner, Simon Rolfe, took up a drawing class.

Reply Posted by Warrior on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:28
Is that legal for 11-16 year old children to view

Reply Posted by Guilty as Sin on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:31
Get a grip WARRIOR some of the kids at that age are GRANDPARENTS themselves.

Reply Posted by yuk on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:38
Not good. There's all the world to draw,why a naked woman/man? Bet the kids are thrilled. Can't see the benefits myself.

Reply Posted by Warrior on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:48
Bet the kids are having nightmares

Reply Posted by yuk on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:51
Haha. Neer mind kids! I'm leaving MY light on tnite. Brrrrr.

Reply Posted by TO YUK FROM LOL on Sunday January 5 2014 at 15:51
GET DI SEN A BEANO COMIC.

Reply Posted by sight for sore eyes on Friday January 3 2014 at 20:56
Oh my God@ I bet the finished product from the Pupils look scary.. There will be more bumps and scars and wobbly bits and bobs..I bet you cant tell the Head from the Arse,,,

Reply Posted by Cameron on Saturday January 4 2014 at 11:49
No it is not legal.. they would have been shown this at this age of 10 and 11 in sex education

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 17:35
@bob. I am not transgender. You do seem a little obsessed with them though. Did you have a bad experience in Thailand?

Reply Posted by bob on Saturday January 4 2014 at 17:51
Yes Kilkenny @ I met you in Thailand. Very bad experience!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday January 4 2014 at 22:13
Really Bob? Funny I have never been to Thailand. You have given yourself away there. You were obviously a sex tourist in that country.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Sunday January 5 2014 at 01:04
@Bob - your post is very weird. You went to Thailand and ****** a working girl. How old was the girl? Or did you ignore that fact for your sexual-gratification. Disgusting

Reply Posted by bob on Sunday January 5 2014 at 01:38
Wasn't a working girl. it was you Kilkenny a Tranny..

Reply Posted by Kat on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:09
What a load of close-minded, ignorant comments.

Life drawing is an important skill for any artist, and there's nothing sexual or sordid about it. The age of the model shouldn't matter - people have to learn how to draw models of all shapes and sizes. Artists don't only need to know how to draw young, beautiful people you know!

And what's with the comments on legality? There won't have been genitals or anything showing - grow up, get a grip and learn some culture.

Reply Posted by Hahaha on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:11
What's happening to schools in Barnsley, an absolute disgrace. That horizon is the worst school ever had to remove my two children because of teachers attitudes to their learning, and they were missing their dinner because not enough good was prepared. Also a lot of children were just in rooms by themselves because teachers could not be bothered to turn up or tell them what room they were in. My eldest daughter was in a room of 60 children for 6 months doing maths. But they can get a naked lady in to draw, scandalous horizon!!!

Reply Posted by Sami on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:15
I really admire this woman. Is shes very brave to do this..i model and have done nude shoots and it does make you feel 100% better about yourself so good on her. Life drawings are amazing types of art...the human body male or female is a beautiful thing and there is nothin sordid about it people who think otherwise either havd no self confidence themselves or there just sick in the head.

Reply Posted by tracy on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:19
RIdiculous comments, people have been posing for classes for years, nothing sordid avout it! they will see more obscenities on pop videos these days, grow up!

Reply Posted by idiots everywhere on Monday January 6 2014 at 18:37
It doesnt mention she was posing for pupils. It says she was posing for a drawing class. The college/school is open after school hours for other activities for the general public. Christ...

Reply Posted by Musketeer on Monday January 6 2014 at 20:00