Landlord Assaulted Outside His Pub

Monday December 23 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A PUB landlord spent a night in hospital after being attacked by a yob outside his pub.

Darren Webster, 43, of the Black Bull, Stairfoot, suffered a cut to his eye which needed stitches after the incident last Saturday night.

"There were three youths outside and I heard a bit of an argument," Darren said. "I went to watch what was going on, just to make sure there was no trouble.

"Suddenly, one of them came up and smacked me in the face."

He said the pub rarely had any trouble and hoped the incident wouldn't put people off from coming in.

The group fled before the police arrived.

Reply Posted by Jim on Monday December 23 2013 at 13:08
Poor Darren. There are some immature nob heads around with mental issues. Bring back public flogging. I could do with a good laugh.

Reply Posted by Jumping Jack FLASH on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 07:47
It wa me that smacked him,using his gob a bit unwisely they dont call me FLASH for nowt that will be a lesson 4 him.

Reply Posted by Ash on Monday December 23 2013 at 13:16
I walked past when there was an ambulance a police van and three sqaud cars i wonderd what had happend i thought thered been a murder with the amount of police there

Reply Posted by Paula Marshall on Monday December 23 2013 at 13:33
Awh thats so awful to hear ... me and my other half go in to that pub occasionally and its really nice and friendly. .. theres some nasty people around! Hope Darren gets better soon x

Reply Posted by me on Monday December 23 2013 at 14:42
that's why people have stopped going out. you just don't no what knob head will attack you when they have had there drink and drugs.

Reply Posted by g on Monday December 23 2013 at 15:05
assholes!!!

Reply Posted by Rachy s on Monday December 23 2013 at 15:35
Not having much luck daz hope u better soon and hope they catch them thugs

Reply Posted by belter on Monday December 23 2013 at 16:02
Theres always been bover in that shit ole of a drinking den

Reply Posted by Kfc on Monday December 23 2013 at 16:09
It's simple direct the Judges to say any scum bag that attacks a person doing a public service job ie Landlords Taxi Driver, Bus Driver will be automatically sent to prison no right to appeal.

The rest will be flogged in public every Saturday Morning in the town centre at 10am.

Seems right thing to do for me.

Reply Posted by David on Monday December 23 2013 at 16:49
Rarely has any trouble! ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH! There's trouble every weekend.

Reply Posted by Warrior on Monday December 23 2013 at 18:24
Let's face it this pub is in an area where no one has told them World War 2 is over.

Reply Posted by Roger on Monday December 23 2013 at 21:08
Sometimes I think the Americans have got it right, allowing its citizens to carry arms, what chance have people got to defend themselves..My wife live in South Africa where you could carry a fire arm...why shouldn't you be able to defend yourself?

Reply Posted by me on Monday December 23 2013 at 21:51
Are u avin a laugh daz?? Theres always trouble, thats what happens when u let all little coke heads in to boost profits, thing is tho, all decent folk stop goin in so youre in same boat anyway!

Reply Posted by Anon on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 07:31
He should stop cheating on his wife, maybe then he wouldn't have as much trouble with people ...

Reply Posted by Wendy on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 08:50
Think ya all should grow up, a man as been hurt, n all u can do is slag him off!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery Darren, n dont listen to these on here, they aint got owt better to do...

Reply Posted by mavis on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 10:26
Its not coke they al on its m cat and ket and yes it al goes off in bull

Reply Posted by Guilty as Sin on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 11:57
Anon you are either a person that knows every one person or a nasty piece of work.

You pass so many personal comments about people I'm glad you not in my company.

Is Kilkenny your best matey sad git

Reply Posted by Ry on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 17:08
Ha ha !!

Reply Posted by Liam on Tuesday December 24 2013 at 17:41
Every time I've been past it's looks rough but hardly ever seen a police car...and as I used to work in the pub trade and drugs are very hard to control these days unless you have undercover police or security

Reply Posted by elle on Thursday December 26 2013 at 19:12
Used to be a regular in the bull when poor Trevor had it ..now it's awful full of idiots on drugs ..spoilt it for a lot of people

Reply Posted by voovoo on Thursday December 26 2013 at 23:45
Well said elle bring back trev , Daz turns a blind eye to the drug dealing and all the regulars have been drove out.

Reply Posted by Wendy on Friday December 27 2013 at 09:18
VooVoo bit of respect plz...R.I.P Trev

Reply Posted by sarah g on Thursday January 2 2014 at 01:02
No trouble apart from the same group of scumbags who deal drugs and carry knifes, that he allows in every weekend. Lets hope the spineless iidiot does one with his debts so the pub can get a decent manager