Police Appeal After Passenger Suffers Serious Injuries

Friday December 13 2013

A BARNSLEY woman suffered serious injuries when the car she was travelling in on the motorway was in a collision with an articulated lorry.

The 22-year-old was a passenger in a silver Renault Clio which was in collision with a blue articulated lorry on the southbound side of junction 37 of the motorway in Dodworth on December 6 at 7.20pm.

The driver of the Clio, a 22-year-old man from Wakefield, suffered minor injuries and the lorry driver, a 53-year-old from Sheffield, was unhurt.

Anyone who saw the incident should contact 101, quoting incident number 1021 of December 6, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Reply Posted by .. on Monday December 16 2013 at 15:40
Lorry drivers on motorway should look where they are going. Lost count how many times iv nearly been hit.

Reply Posted by Hayley on Monday December 16 2013 at 16:05
Well saying the lorry driver wasnt heard is like saying my slipper hit a fly but the slipper is ok. It goes without saying. Not much chance of a Clio causing much damage to anything. Lorry drivers do need to be more careful though, because their huge they do WTF they want

Reply Posted by michaela on Monday December 16 2013 at 18:02
Why does everyone blame the lorry driver??? its not always their fault...there is so many senseless drivers out there that havnt a clue how to drive on motorways...they are just doin at job at end of day..

Reply Posted by steve on Tuesday December 17 2013 at 06:28
maybe the first poster has not got a clue how to drive on a motorway and has no road sense? The amount of times I've come up to entry slip roads on the motorway and the person coming onto the motorway excpects me to move over to let them join the motorway. If I can move over to let them join I will, if I cant then tough luck and seeing though the bottom of the entry slip road is a GIVE WAY then I am perfectly within my rights to mdo so.
Also the idiots who come across 3 lanes of the motorway to come off at a junction straight across the path of my 44 tonne artic even though there are signs 1 mile before the junction informing them of if they have to come off or not.
Another one is the ones who want to drive at 50mph in the middle lane of the motorway because they're too scared to drive in the 1st or 3rd lane, forcing me to undertake them as I cant use the 3rd lane. It's easy to always blame the lorry driver all the time, however seeing as though most of us drive nearly 4000 miles a week we do tend to know how to use the roads.

Reply Posted by Emma on Tuesday December 17 2013 at 11:20
I agree completely Steve, you can not blame the lorry driver and seen as though you DON'T know the facts, you can't start a blame game !!

Reply Posted by Nicola on Tuesday December 17 2013 at 16:12
I really hope the women makes a full recovery , I too was hot by a lorry a number if years ago I also had my young child in the car at the time and I know too well not just physically but mentally how something like this can affect a person . I wish her all the best .