Child Genius Has IQ Of 'Over 160'

Friday December 13 2013

Genius: Sherwyn Genius: Sherwyn

A FOUR-YEAR-OLD child from Barnsley has the same IQ as Einstein - if not higher.

Sherwyn Sarabi, who tuned four in September, has had his IQ measured as 'at least' 160.

The tests used by specialists cannot measure anything higher than 160.

The toddler, of East End Crescent, Royston, has read 940 books by himself - including books intended for children more than twice his age!

He can name every country on a globe and every element on periodic table.

"I have to be very careful about what he is reading," said his mum Amanda, 37, a former school teacher who now teaches piano.

She took him to see Dr Peter Congdon, a consultant educational psychologist, a year ago.

His IQ was measured at 136. Amanda took him again two weeks ago and Dr Congdon said he has made 'huge progress'.

He said: "I specialise in profoundly gifted children. I have been doing this for 40 years and it's extremely rare to see a 160.

"It's difficult to say he's the most intelligent child I've met, because like I say, I specialise in this and I have seen thousands of children, including the most gifted.

"But I have only seen a small handful at this level.

"It's so important for such gifted children to be challenged and stretched. He has a very bright future ahead of him, so long as he is stretched at a good school."

Reply Posted by Jack on Friday December 13 2013 at 14:08
Well done kid.

Reply Posted by me on Friday December 13 2013 at 15:08
Theres only one gifted child and its every mothers

Reply Posted by rainbow on Friday December 13 2013 at 21:50
Well done, 160 that's more than Barnsley Council's combined IQ..?

Reply Posted by sue on Friday December 13 2013 at 22:33
How fantastic. What a brilliant future that little guy has. Best wishes to the family!

Reply Posted by Joanne on Saturday December 14 2013 at 08:47
Wow! Well done little man! Bet the family are extremely proud!

Reply Posted by LOL on Saturday December 14 2013 at 10:54
Well done. My IQ is 78

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Saturday December 14 2013 at 10:58
Well done. My IQ is 62

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Saturday December 14 2013 at 17:02
Good lad--------But what came first the chicken or the egg..

Reply Posted by Dave on Monday December 16 2013 at 12:47
The egg. Birds evolved from reptiles who also lay eggs. Therefore the egg came before the chicken.

Reply Posted by LV on Monday December 16 2013 at 14:40
Had a feeling it might be around that, quite obvious that you are learning disabled.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Saturday December 14 2013 at 11:07
LOL - please refrain from posting in my name. Why don't you join the library? You will need two forms of identification, one with your name and address on it. A letter from the DWP will suffice. The librarian in the kids library will pick out a selection for you.

Reply Posted by ye on Saturday December 14 2013 at 16:53
Good, but does he know which is the heaviest, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?

Reply Posted by KFc on Sunday December 15 2013 at 14:12
Politics is the way forward for this lad. He can baffle all the brown envelope brigade at the Town Hall with Science.

Reply Posted by yawn. on Monday December 16 2013 at 09:15
@Kilkenny.. you do go on a bit don't you? Always banging on about this 'mews house in Maida Vale' like it's something to be proud of. No one cares! I could turn around and say I've got a £600, 000 apartment in knightsbridge on every post and there would be no way for anyone to disprove it. But bragging on a forum thread is a really poor way to boost your sagging ego. As its nigh on impossible for you to refrain from being rude or insultive, please feel free to try and derive whatever information you can from my post in order to try and insult my intelligence. And back to the original point.. Well done to this young man I can see a bright future for him. It's great to hear positive news like this rather than the ususal negative articles about crime and death.

Reply Posted by yawn. on Monday December 16 2013 at 10:05
@Grim. If you read my post correctly I stated 'I could turn around and say'. I never said that I HAVE. My point being that it's got no relevance to anything or anyone in any of the arguments that Kilkenny instigates and there would be no way to prove it. It's just an internet troll trying to be something they are not. (The 600k was just an off the cuff amount)

Reply Posted by lorna on Monday December 16 2013 at 14:14
Isn't this post about a gifted child not a southerner. Lets just hope the little boys parents let him be a kid too

Reply Posted by rugrat on Monday December 16 2013 at 14:15
Wow!! I would be so proud if this was my little boy, well dun Sherwyn

Reply Posted by the on Monday December 16 2013 at 14:44
Why did the chicken cross the road

Reply Posted by Kfc on Monday December 16 2013 at 15:09
I hate Xmas yokes

Reply Posted by Garry gizmo on Monday December 16 2013 at 17:22
Aw what a nice story he will be even more brainy than Hawkins one day

Reply Posted by Terry on Monday December 16 2013 at 17:51
A post about a 4 yr old boy who's clever and these are the responses he gets????.
For gods sake people hang your heads in shame and get a life, calling each other on a threa and not even using your real names.... SAD....very SAD!!!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Monday December 16 2013 at 23:08
@yawn - Please tell me where you can get an apartment in Knightsbridge for 600k

Reply Posted by T on Wednesday December 18 2013 at 17:12
Amazing! - Hopefully he will still get to enjoy school & growing up as I imagine things will be SO easy for him he could possibly feel bored?

Reply Posted by Richard on Thursday December 19 2013 at 12:32
You're right, he probably would get bored. Give him a job when he's 6 running Barnsley Council. His IQ is already the cumulative of all it's current councillors!

Reply Posted by .... on Thursday December 19 2013 at 19:02