Mum Raises Money For Neo-Natal Unit

Wednesday January 18 2012

A BARNSLEY mum is raising money for Barnsley Hospital's neo-natal unit - to replace items that were stolen by heartless thieves.

Rachel Reeves, from Kendray, wants to raise £1,500 for the unit which helped care for her son when he was born 10 and a half weeks premature, weighing in at just over 2lb, a little more than a bag of sugar.

She said: "They are buying incubator aids to help tiny babies in to the ventilators and they are doing up the rooms that parents stay in - we spent some time in there and it's important for those parents who stay with their babies.

"I can't believe it - but people have actually pinched things from these rooms. They've stolen things like DVD players, TVs and even the bedside lamps."

Rachel was taken into hospital with severe pre-eclampsia, a medical condition which meant her son Kayden-Jay had to be delivered early.

She added: "We were both in danger of losing our lives. I didn't even see Kayden for the first three days as I was too ill but they were absolutely fantastic. I want to give a little something back for what they did for us - if it asn't for them we wouldn't have Kayden now.

"He's a right little buster now though - he weighs 12lb 13."

The charity event will be held on January 28 at Wombwell Cricket Club. It will be ticketed and will include a raffle and auction.

If you would like to help by donating prizes or attending the event, contact Rachel through Facebook.

Reply Posted by Cinderella84 on Wednesday January 18 2012 at 16:22
aww bless if you need any help let me know my daughter was born at 23+6 weeks and just 1lb so happy to help she'll be 6 in march

Reply Posted by on Wednesday January 18 2012 at 18:27
What a beautiful little boy!! Have you set up a justgiving page so people who cannot attend can still donate?

Reply Posted by Karen Greenwood on Thursday January 19 2012 at 17:42
any thing ya need donating im happy to help just message me on facebook

Reply Posted by Mary Potter on Friday January 20 2012 at 17:01
Hi My Husband is the Manager at BPL Hillies Golf course Wombwell they would like to donated three rounds of Golf each for 2 people as raffle prizes - please message me the address you would like the vouchers sending Mary Potter

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Monday January 23 2012 at 15:45
Hi Mary. Would it be possible for me to pick the vouchers up please from the golf club? If you could call me on 07943796200 or MSG me on Facebook that would be appreciated x

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Monday January 23 2012 at 15:45

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Monday January 23 2012 at 15:47
Hi Beth. I am not sure how to do that. If you wish to donate you could send a cheque in the post or ring me on 07943796200 and I could pick it up x

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Monday January 23 2012 at 15:47

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Thursday January 26 2012 at 08:54
Hi Beth, I have set up a just giving page....if you wish to donate, the address is: http://www.justgiving.com/Neonatal-Unit-BHNFT-0

Thanks

Rachel

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Thursday January 26 2012 at 08:56
Hi Mary

My partners plays at the club. Any chance he could pick the vouchers up on Saturday morning please? x

Reply Posted by Rachel Reeves on Thursday January 26 2012 at 08:58
Hi Mary

My partner plays at the club. Any chance he could pick the vouchers up on Saturday morning please? x