Police Arrest Three After Goldthorpe Theft

Tuesday December 10 2013

SOUTH Yorkshire Police officers have arrested three people from Barnsley on suspicion of theft from motor vehicles.

After a theft in Goldthorpe on December 8, the men who are alleged to have been involved were arrested pending further enquiries.

Two men from Thurnscoe, aged 34 and 31, and a 19-year-old man from Goldthorpe were questioned and released on police bail until early February.

Reply Posted by Dainty on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 14:53
What's up? Didn't they get a card for the social supermarket?

Reply Posted by Ronnie on Thursday December 12 2013 at 11:47
Have they used the "it's because they have shut pits down and there is no jobs" excuse yet?

Reply Posted by How do on Thursday December 12 2013 at 16:07
So basically they can steal a car worth thousands and be released on bail to probably receive a suspended sentence. What a wonderful country we live in!!

Reply Posted by Phantom on Thursday December 12 2013 at 19:44
How do...no! Read it again. Theft FROM motor vehicles!!! Not theft OF motor vehicles. So they probably stole items worth a couple of hundred pounds (if that) which does not warrant them to be remanded in prison at the expense of the tax payer!!

Reply Posted by Ayesha on Sunday December 15 2013 at 22:10
My car got broken into in brierly. I'm a volunteer for a dance group I'm there every week an I'm 19. Takes the piss that people can do stuff like that!! I had to pay £80 for a new window bareing in mind id just lost my job !

Reply Posted by Me... on Sunday December 15 2013 at 22:24
Phatom....no! What you on, theft is theft of or from stil unacceptable id like my tax to put these away try teach them right from wrong, they will prob end up with a poxy fine for less than the victims were left out of pocket by no doubt.

Reply Posted by Piccadilly on Monday December 16 2013 at 08:18
We are all aware that we should not leave belongings in our own cars for Christ sake and we wonder why insurance companies won't pay out! We should take responsibility for our valuables too! My Mum always told me to keep my hand on my ha-penny :-D

Reply Posted by nikki on Thursday January 2 2014 at 13:47
send them to jail for theft to be taught bigger crimes like burglary robbery i have first hand experience of this they want reabillitating not sending to prison