Man Appears In Court After Headbutting Woman

Monday December 9 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MAN headbutted a woman during a row about a meal, Barnsley Magistrates’ Court was told.

Matthew Margison, 26, left Carina Hall with a cut on the bridge of her nose, said Julie Grant, prosecuting.

She said the couple ended a relationship when Margison went to Australia but started seeing each other when he got back.

Mrs Grant added that Margison said during police questioning that he retaliated after being slapped.

Margison, of White Lodge, Barnsley Road, Silkstone, admitted assault.

Brian Bushell, defending, said he would put Margison’s side of the story when he is sentenced on December 30.

Margison was granted conditional bail.

Reply Posted by saf on Monday December 9 2013 at 15:26
Little extreme headbutt for a slap. I don't really understand how this shit works. I've had arguments, been slapped, scratched, punched had hair pulled out etc by my ex-wife but never once did I retaliate. In fact I've never hit a woman in my life and god knows I've had provocation, however that is the way I was raised. Men do not hit women...END OF!

Reply Posted by hally1297 on Monday December 9 2013 at 19:43
Well said Saf....

Reply Posted by dave wright on Monday December 9 2013 at 15:36
send him back to prisoners island ,headbutting nurses poof

Reply Posted by Anom on Monday December 9 2013 at 15:36
Well said saf... Men who hit women are just cowards I was in a violent relationship and it's horrible ... But syp never even helped me when I called them out I ad to seek solicitors advice and sort it myself throu courts

Reply Posted by equal rights on Monday December 9 2013 at 15:42
I wud like to think we live in an equal rights world and that if a woman hits a man she deserves it bk I agree with the above a headbutt is a bit harsh if she slapped him but she can hardly play the victim when she gets it bk is she also gettin done for assault? Doubt it some women think its acceptable to hit men when it is not it is just as bad as a man hittin a women

Reply Posted by emma on Monday December 9 2013 at 16:06
i agree with equal rights. if i hit my fella i would expect a slap back. headbuttin was a little ridiculous bt women cant play victin if thy start it!

Reply Posted by emz on Monday December 9 2013 at 16:59
i totally agree with emma !!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by RothschilD on Monday December 9 2013 at 17:02
Hitting someone is wrong, full stop. Women have nurtured the myth that its fine for them to hit men without expecting to get hit back. As a man, say something a woman finds insulting and a slap in retaliation is seen as ok, and men are supposed to take it and walk away. I've seen women exploit this on loads of occasions especially when drunk, hitting a man and chasing him down when he tries to leave and hitting him more. If he turned around and smacked her to stop hwr hitting him, he's the bad guy. Ridiculous gender inequality when you think about it. It's up to women to get their heads around the fact that its not ok to hit men either under any circumstances. Most men have got the message that hitting women is wrong, although most have missed the message that hitting men is also wrong. So generally it seems violent women are the worst perpetrators, as they see hitting either men or women as fine. Discuss.

Reply Posted by Christina Egley on Monday December 9 2013 at 17:32
Men are only human at end of day just like women only can take so much then boom I agree men shouldnt hit women but then on other hand if I wa a bloke and got wat ive seen in past wat sum woman gave a bloke id smackem anorl

Reply Posted by kunfu on Monday December 9 2013 at 18:26
sould have shaved her hair off!

Reply Posted by TheGuardian on Monday December 9 2013 at 19:17
^Funny!

Reply Posted by Claude on Monday December 9 2013 at 19:18
Women just don't know when to shut up & give up!

Reply Posted by Helen wright on Monday December 9 2013 at 20:05
Is last bird got a duster so she was very lucky I suppose

Reply Posted by Karina hall on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 09:20
Why do u think its funny? Just stop commenting cause its not fair and it wasnt over a meal either am haveing them for this its a joke

Reply Posted by reap wat u sew on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 10:02
If I hit my bloke id expect a slap bk too many silly girls think its there right to hit a man when it is not acceptable at all then runs to police when it bk fires sound like she reaped wat she sewed n As for suin any1 LOL good luck WI that love

Reply Posted by Karina hall on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 12:28
Get a grip ya loser

Reply Posted by whogivesatoss on Tuesday December 10 2013 at 21:46
both as bad..seems to me they deserve each other

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 00:17
Good God. There are some enlightened males on this thread. I don't suppose you have heard of Womens Aid?

Reply Posted by dawn on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 08:43
Ive been a victim of domestic violence and in my opinon its unacceptable either way no woman or man has the right to lay their hands on their partner !!!!

Reply Posted by nicola on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 08:43
and they spelt your name wrong karina haha!

Reply Posted by Yorkshire lass on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 08:50
Headbutting is classed as assault with a deadly weapon. No one ever died from a slap. Severe head injuries can be caused by head butting as well as death. It shouldn't be used on anyone let alone a woman!!!!

Reply Posted by nomanorwomanshouldhit on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:09
NO MAN OR WOMAN SHOULD HIT OR BE HIT that not fair does not matter what the fell out over it should never lead to violence at all what gives anybody a right to use their body as a weapon x

Reply Posted by Wtf !!! on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:32
Why did she deserve it????? Are u all cave people idiots? How do u know that he wasnt high on drugs/ booz,

Reply Posted by Don't believe everything you read!!!! on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 09:45
Love how people believe everything they read!!!! It wasn't even over a meal think some people need to get there facts right!! No man should hit a women and vise versa, he needs to grow a pair and grow up, and has for all of you with your pathetic comments take a step back and think would you like reading things like this if it was you??? If the story was told properly and you knew what went off you wouldn't be making comments like you are!! And yes I am angry because she's my sister!

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 17:54
To be honest a real man would take cos they should no better than hittin back ano if I ever slapped my bloke he would away but like some one as said above u reap wot u sow she should have seen it comin but he should have known better aswell

Reply Posted by barryfatknacker on Wednesday December 11 2013 at 22:09
hit was her turn to pay , end of ,

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday December 12 2013 at 08:41
Some men on this thread need to go back to their caves.

Reply Posted by RothschilD on Thursday December 12 2013 at 14:01