Baby Boy Had 34 Injuries, Court Hears

Monday December 2 2013

A BABY at the centre of a murder trial was covered in bruises, cuts and grazes when pathologists examined his body.

Pathologist Charles Wilson told Sheffield Crown Court he found skull fractures and 34 external injuries to Kadan Beaumont’s face, mouth, head, legs and arms in a post-mortem examination.

His father Michael Beaumont, 28, denies the 11-month-old’s murder.

Medical experts for the prosecution said their findings led them to conclude Kadan died as a result of impact trauma.

Mr Wilson said: "The fractures were caused by heavy impact to the left of his head.

"There was a large band of bruising over the scalp which could be the result of multiple impacts.

"It means that the infant’s scalp has impacted on something, or something has impacted on the infant’s scalp."

The defence says Beaumont's dog, Mia, had knocked Kadan over at his home in Chapel Street, Hoyland, prior to his death.

Kadan's mum Helen Barnes, 27, a teaching assistant, denies cruelty to a child by neglecting to seek medical assistance.

The trial continues.

Reply Posted by Richard on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:48
My goodness, where does one start on this case?

I've seen myself, the poor response of Social Services, Police and the Courts in relation to these types of concerns regarding a young and vulnerable child. Sadly, this case comes as little surprise and is a tragedy and highlights the failings of the system in this area of the country.

As yet the case needs to be heard, but I anticipate lies and cover ups.

More needs to be done at the point of reporting issues to Social Services and Police and how these reports are dealt with, although in this case it seems someone in an obvious position of responsibility around children (Kadan's mum) has seriously failed her own child.

I for one would have serious questions to ask regarding her employment, which school she works for and what checks are done, as if she can't identify and report a problem with her own child, then I sure as hell don't want her working with mine.

Reply Posted by Hayley on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:50
DIRTY VILE BASTARDS! Mothers just as bad as well watching it going on under there nose! Prison??? The both want putting in a concentration camp and torturing every day of their pathetic sad life's!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by mother on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:01
dirty bastards need same doin 2 them rote in hell

Reply Posted by Laura on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:08
Yet another sad story!!!. It's also worrying that this child's mother was a teaching assistant & responsible for other peoples children. If she can't even look after her own what hope have those kids got at the school she works at. Maybe that should be looked into. Prison isn't enough for these 2!!!. The injuries inflicted on the poor child should be inflicted on them !!!.

Reply Posted by cp on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:17
This story is awful how someone can hurt a child is beyond me, especially their own! even if she didn't inflict the injuries she allowed them to happen. I would kill to protect my son and I have no doubt most mothers and fathers are the same. These people don't deserve children, they should be sterilised in my opinion or 'knocked over by the dog' like this poor little mite was. :(

Reply Posted by d on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:22
O.M.G just round the corner where i live ..didnt know them .. very pleased 2 say!!!! animals...goes 2 show u never know what goes on behind peoples doors ... r.i.p. little man x

Reply Posted by Kelly on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:40
Vile and disgusting doing that to a defenceless little boy

Reply Posted by Lauren on Monday December 2 2013 at 14:53
these are dirty basterds and they need jailing for life. death penility needs fetching back for **** like this

Reply Posted by anon on Monday December 2 2013 at 16:26
sadly another child falls victim to the abuse from their parents its disgusting in this day and age where were the agencies in this case probably no where to be seen social services no matter where you live are a total waste of time space and government funding as they target the parents who do not need interference and turn a blind eye to the children that need help due to their overloaded case loads

Reply Posted by Collet on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 09:05
Have you noticed all over the country the failures of social services,no one ever gets the sack,and if those that have they bang in a claim for wrongful dismissal and finish up with an over the top payout --(funny don't you think) ?

Reply Posted by lauren on Wednesday December 4 2013 at 17:54
I think it disgusting I was abused as a child and just because my dad use to beat mi up cos of stress ov mi mums death. I fell pregnant went and lived in a hostile n the social services accessed me to see if I was fit enough to look after my child I passed but it didn't stop there every 2 weeks I had a surprise visit from social they checked everything if I ad enough clothes nappies baby wipes even checked mi flat if it wa clean n that if they can do that to me who's never ever laid a finger on both my kids y not do this to other people might save kids lives but am a fully grown woman who's proven that am a good mum n av not seen ever since I turned 18