Man Hit By Bus Near Interchange

Monday December 2 2013

Barnsley Interchange Barnsley Interchange

A MAN was knocked down by a bus near Barnsley Interchange.

Visitors to Gala Bingo on Pontefract Road said the bus hit a man on Schwabish Gmund Way on Thursday afternoon.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene and his injuries were unknown.

The bus was left with a shattered front windscreen.

Reply Posted by Liam Jones on Monday December 2 2013 at 09:32
Personally I don't think this is the busses fault, due to people can be stupid and run on the roads. These can either be drunks, idiot teens or trouble makers. This town needs more common sense while out near motion transport.

Reply Posted by lol on Thursday December 5 2013 at 13:01
wa bus all rite.

Reply Posted by Dave on Monday December 2 2013 at 09:43
The idiot tried to stop the bus to get on it. He jumped out in front of the bus, and if it wasn't for the driver reacting fast on the brakes he would be dead. People, buses will not stop away from designated stops. Just accept that you missed it and wait for the next one. Nothing is that important that you should risk your life for.

Reply Posted by :-) on Monday December 2 2013 at 09:48
He works at asos, he had missed the bus that needed to get him to work on time and decided to walk in front of it to stop the driver. His own fault really, he could have got a taxi if he was worried he would be late! He should have known buses dont stop when there isnt a bus stop!

Reply Posted by Clown on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:23
What a clown!

Reply Posted by sarah on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:33
Let get it rire what if he didnt have taxi fair the man made a mistake n payed for it there no need to slate him is there least he works n he was prpley scared that he wod loose is job grow up n stop slahing him of the poor man is hurt he will yave learnt is leson ant none of your every done some think daft grow up n leave him a lone n think of is family I hope ya ok pal

Reply Posted by wiggsy on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:52
I've heard that ASOS are extremely strict about timekeeping, i.e. be late twice in a certain period of time, and you're sacked. This scaremongering/pressure is surely partly responsible, too, regardless of employers rights and the "they are employed to be here on time and do their job" jobsworth view. There are human rights, too, you know. (Which this government has been wanting to do away, by the way).

Reply Posted by Believer of Bob on Monday December 2 2013 at 10:58
the wheels on the bus go round and round

Reply Posted by Mick on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:08
If they are strict about timekeeping then he should have got an earlier bus to make sure he had plenty of time. It really is that simple. As a bus driver, once my doors are closed, they are closed. I will not reopen them for anyone. Once the doors are closed, accept you aren't getting on and make a mental note: get to the bus on time in future.

Reply Posted by :-) on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:11
Yes asos are extremely strict about timekeeping ive worked there 2 years, if you are on agency and not a permanent employee you will more than likely get sacked, if you are permanent they arent too bothered unless you make a habit of it. I do feel for him but what person jumps in front of a bus?? he could have waved the driver down or put his hand out like a normal person would, the driver would have still seen him.

Reply Posted by :-) on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:12
And yes I have done loads of daft things, but jumping in front of a bus? Its not daft its crazy!

Reply Posted by Fred on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:13
Sarah,

Typing, grammar and punctuation lesson are available at Barnsley college !!

Reply Posted by Mick on Monday December 2 2013 at 11:30
:-) the man could have put his arm out but the driver, especially if it had been me, would have waved and smiled as I drove past him. No driver should stop anywhere that is not a designated stop. The man will catch an earlier bus for work in future (if he's not been sacked for being 5 days late for work that is).

Reply Posted by :-) on Monday December 2 2013 at 12:44
Yeah Mick I just meant he should have done that in attempt to stop the bus not jump in front of it. I'd rather fail that way than fail and get hit by it lol :-)

Reply Posted by Julie on Monday December 2 2013 at 14:25
LOL - if it were a plane he wouldn't have either. I don't agree he should get an earlier bus. Who wants to get to work early every day just to make sure. Poor guy made a mistake and probably panicked when he saw it leave. I don't agree with some people calling him an idiot etc.

Reply Posted by danny on Monday December 2 2013 at 14:36
Sarah just shut up. With spelling and grammar like that, your opinion is invalid. And he deserves to be slated. How thick can you get. By jumping in front of it, he didn't turn up at all. So he probably still got sacked anyway. End of.

Reply Posted by bananas on Monday December 2 2013 at 15:09
I would sooner jump in front of a bus than work at atos

Reply Posted by king louis on Monday December 2 2013 at 16:16
I cannot believe the name of the road... how did the person phoning know how to pronounce Schwabish Gmund..... ambulance to "cher's-war-bish...ger-mund" please... "can you spell that please"... "your joking arn't you!.. what clown in Barnsley council signed that one off?

Reply Posted by Mystery on Friday December 6 2013 at 07:23
Barnsley is twinned with Schwabish Gmund in Germany hence naming the road that passes the interchange Schwabish Gmund

Reply Posted by blueber on Monday December 2 2013 at 17:18
Try catching bus from wombwell to asos a relative has to get a 26 and be there an hr before starting (when it turns up ) didnt turn up on sunday had to pay £8 for taxi happens regularly and stagecoach not interested in complaints

Reply Posted by asos we are on Monday December 2 2013 at 17:19
try getting another job...

Reply Posted by wiggsy on Monday December 2 2013 at 21:14
There is now a 216 from the old Wombwell bus depot to ASOS at 06.05, 14.05, and 22.05. Monday to Friday.

Reply Posted by help on Monday December 2 2013 at 17:51
Lauren you need to control your language and take more education on your grammar.I hope to god you don,t teach my kids,,you are a disgrace..

Reply Posted by help me too on Monday December 2 2013 at 18:31
Same here. This swearing is getting too much! When did it stop being offensive? I hate it!

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday December 2 2013 at 21:36
I love the members of British public there's always got to be some one art there to pull another person down so what if av short hand text so what if I have swore does that mean am like it in real life no so don't judge until u actually know mi got nothing to do wi u how I spell or if I swear I put a comment didn't ask for some keyboard warrior havin pop

Reply Posted by lauren on Monday December 2 2013 at 21:39
Omg! Just realised how pathetic your comment is Ive put two swear words on. Omg! you are soooo funny (oh and miss is my grammer any better now) saddos

Reply Posted by thick lauren on Monday December 2 2013 at 21:50
grammar

Reply Posted by saddo on Monday December 2 2013 at 21:50
But @lauren,you work with kids! Hope you don't mix with mine! Grow up love,swearing just makes you look very childish.

Reply Posted by Paul on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 08:08
Sarah your grammar is bad, hope ya grandads better (joke)

Reply Posted by ??? on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 08:08
FRED its not a grammar test its about a man getting hit with a bus get a grip or get a teaching job

Reply Posted by Realistic on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 08:51
Could have just set off for the bus a bit earlier?

Reply Posted by nigel on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 09:34
Lived in Barnsley all my life and I've never heard of this street/road

Reply Posted by lauren on Tuesday December 3 2013 at 17:48
What's point insulting mi does it make you feel big does it make you feel clever so what I short hand text who made u judge n jury n just becos a put two swear word on it's make me childish yeah or8 al tell u whats childish is idiots like urselfs draggin other people down insultin um jus cos there different n not brought up prim n proper n like I said before only becos I av text like this does not make mean am like this in person