Man Set For Crown Court Date

Thursday November 21 2013

A BARNSLEY man who is accused of attempted rape has been sent to Sheffield Crown Court.

Philip Kemp, 49, of Doncaster Road, will make his first appearance on November 26.

He was granted conditional bail and made no plea at Barnsley Magistrates' Court.

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday November 21 2013 at 12:03
Let some one roam the streets who potentially a rapist hmmm sound safe

Reply Posted by Caz on Thursday November 21 2013 at 13:09
Innocent until proven guilty ^^^%%

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday November 21 2013 at 13:12
Your comment is vile an annoys me. I know someone who knows this guy an he has done nothing wrong an u judge him like that.

Reply Posted by AnonnonA on Thursday November 21 2013 at 13:20
"""Your comment is vile an annoys me""" if it was your family who this happened to..i guess your comments would be different..

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday November 21 2013 at 13:22
If it was my family id hope I trusted every word that came out of there mouth. An not just followed there every word with blind love.

Reply Posted by AnonnonA on Thursday November 21 2013 at 13:28
Yes that what I said,if it was your family who had been Raped allegedly, your words would be different..always 2 sides to a story and families involved from both sides will all have there say,if you don't like this,then I advice you not to read!

Reply Posted by Anon on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:27
I no this guy and ive known him for over forty years he is innocent ence bail and it will be proved

Reply Posted by AnonnonA on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:29
I Hope you are right,but bail doesn't make him innocent..the bouncer shaun got bail but was found guilty and received 5yrs..

Reply Posted by guilty on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:40
Anon@ if you want a rapist as you mate...good luck!!!!

Reply Posted by Anon on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:43
Grow up INNOCENT until Proven GUILTY

Reply Posted by me on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:49
Wether he is guilty or not its wrong that the law allows him to be named. Mud sticks and people won't forget even if he's found not guilty. Change in law needed.

Reply Posted by me on Thursday November 21 2013 at 14:58
anyone can cry rape and any guy or women can be wrongley convicted coz he as b accused still dosent mean he is guility

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday November 21 2013 at 16:54
Hahaha u make me laugh I have not judged this man if u read correctly I said POTENTIALLY a rapist hmm that's safe how is my comment vile it's the truth and i have a right to speak my mind and that is exactly what I have done if you don't like its tough I have not said anything that's wrong n just to make a point why did he not put a plea in cos I would be screamin from the rooftops that I wasn't guilty n I would have made a not guilty plea

Reply Posted by jay on Tuesday November 26 2013 at 09:43
so if i go to the police and said that you had tried to rape me they should lock you away. I have a right to speak my mind and your comment is the most nonintellectual thing i have ever heard. My best friend as just been through this and he didn't make a plea at magistrate court and he had good reason not to, he was locked up for 3 months then in a bail hostel for 3 until it went to crown on 3 counts of rape luckily his partner at the time told that many lies she couldn't remember what she had said and the witnesses she had paid (i.e. the neighbours) also made statements that didn't even match each others.He was found not guilty but from being in prison he has lost his home and business. This is an awful accusation and if true he deserves all he gets but until then i suggest you keep your nasty little comments to yourself.

Reply Posted by Lawman on Thursday November 21 2013 at 17:51
laren, your knowledge of British law seems to be ZERO. This man will NOT have had the option of making a plea at the Magistrate court due to the procedures involved in such cases that is alleged against him and remember this is an alleged attempted rape case not a rape case for those that somehow forgot to read the headline. Can you imagine what this man is going through if he is completely innocent of this allegation and could possibly have read this page. So yes if he's innocent he would have been screeming from the rooftops to enter a not guilty plea, which he will have the opportunity to do on the published date.

Reply Posted by Karen on Thursday November 21 2013 at 19:03
Well said lawman , innocent until proved guilty and innocent he is !!

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday November 21 2013 at 19:15
For 1 I have never said he is guilty 2 I never said anything about knowing the British law just sayin he would have put a plea in as not guilty and last but not least your all notching at the fact that I have put potentially rapist not like I av said he's a dangerous man n need lethal injection is it get off your high horse n stop keyboard bashing n tryin to pick fault with what av put tbh I don't care what any one thinks not said anything wrong potentially is not sayin he's guilty num nuggets

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday November 21 2013 at 19:16
* bitchin not notchin

Reply Posted by lawman on Thursday November 21 2013 at 19:46
lauren I think you need to read back, your first comment, ' Let some one roam the streets who potentially a rapist hmmm sound safe', this reads to me you think he should be locked up ? Before this man would have been granted Bail firstly by the Police they would have checked his background and look over the evidence for and against him at that time, if he was a potential threat he wouldn't be walking the streets. Tells me something this but im bright enough to see this.
Your also finding it hard to understand after I have clearly explained the law and why he won't have been able to enter a plea.
I'm neither a num nugget nor am I bitching or keyboard bashing, my presence on this post is to explain something to the uneducated this being an innocent man until proven otherwise, and also in a roundabout way just give the heads up that some comments could be slanderous to which also carry legal consequences, so potentially people could be more quilty of an offence than this man.

Reply Posted by To Lawman on Thursday November 21 2013 at 20:05
instead of slating a person who only had an opinion...be there and give your time and full support to your friend..

Reply Posted by lauren on Thursday November 21 2013 at 20:00
I can't be bothered with this any more I was speaking my mind and that's not a crime it's called freedom of speech and I haven't said anything that's slanderous

Reply Posted by ferdy on Thursday November 21 2013 at 20:02
Lauren you haven,t said anything wrong..there will all have egg on there faces if note IF he is found guilty..

Reply Posted by anon on Thursday November 21 2013 at 21:19
Rape cases are nasty. No body should be named until the facts are put before a judge and jury and only then should it be disclosed. Sometimes the wrong person can be identified. No malice intended. It will all come out in the end. That person is named and shamed already. Also you can know someone all your life, but not know the person as well as you thought.

Reply Posted by Craig on Tuesday November 26 2013 at 09:17
Not every1 knows the true facts in this matter.he may have he may not.He should not have been named on the basis of slanderous if innocent..automatically 9 out of 10 judge n hang him before the trial.the law does need to be changed...sum1 mentioned the bouncer Shaun but to me that was a sticky situation

Reply Posted by ahole,s on Tuesday November 26 2013 at 09:18
why don't the lot of you shut up because there isn't one of you knows what went off unless you were there

Reply Posted by concerned on Tuesday November 26 2013 at 13:54
Very irresponsible to putvhis name isnt it? If he is guilty fair enough but that has not been decided by the courts n i have no doubt there will be a linch mob of the local dogoodbywrong dipshits attack him or his home!! Innocent till proven otherwise is it not???

Reply Posted by Perjury on Sunday October 11 2015 at 04:25
Just to put closure on this being a friend of this very decent guy he was found not guilty by a unanimous decision, which was no surprise to all that know him. During his trial South Yorkshire Police used unlawful tactics with one of their own committing perjury. His story would be a good story for the Barnsley Chronicle to report on but unfortunately a man being found innocent isn’t news the media like to report on.