MP Completes Gruelling Race

Friday November 15 2013

Dan Jarvis MP Dan Jarvis MP

BARNSLEY MP Dan Jarvis took part in a 25km race across the rugged terrain of the Peak District.

Grin 'n' Bear It, the race organised by the Woodhead Mountain Rescue team, was completed in three hours and 39 minutes by Dan.

Mr Jarvis said: “It was cold, wet, windy and very muddy - at one stage I was stuck in a bog up to my waist, but I was determined to finish.

“I wanted to do the run to highlight the important work carried out by the Woodhead Mountain Rescue team, who do a great job in all weathers helping out those who have got into difficulties.

"That people are prepared to volunteer to do this job and to go out, often at very short notice, is hugely to their credit. I look forward to supporting their work again in the future."

The Barnsley Central MP is no stranger to tough races, having completed the London Marathon in April with his father, Bernard - himself a veteran of over 100 marathons.

Reply Posted by STEVEO on Friday November 15 2013 at 15:23
Stop fannying about doing silly bloody races and do the job that the (idiotic) people of our town voted you in for.

Reply Posted by wunt mind on Friday November 15 2013 at 15:33
I wunt mind if all was well here,but there must be something more useful the guy could be doing?

Reply Posted by Richard on Friday November 15 2013 at 15:32
@STEVEO since when did he actually give a damn? Seems to me like he's been too busy all year running marathons. How is he supposed to answer to his constituents when he's on the road and out of breath most days?

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:25
Dan Jarvis@ when you are in London.You are welcome to run with me,i run 3 time aweek.do 10k regular with the London Harriers..may take things further.I'm in the market for a man..see you soon Dan

Reply Posted by Ralph on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:47
I sent Dan Jarvis an email with a concern earlier on in the year, the first time I've ever contacted an mp, and didn't even get an acknowledgment. As a result of this, that was probably also the last time that I'll contact one.

Maybe if there wasn't any nepotism in employing his wife as a secretary on £40k, he could employ two non connected secretaries for similarl cost who would hopefully have time to deal with constituents enquiries.

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Friday November 15 2013 at 19:50
You know the famous saying,,,WE ARE IN IT TOGETHER,,all for one and one for all!!

Reply Posted by hally1297 on Saturday November 16 2013 at 20:13
He's not from Barnsley so doesn't really give a shit like all MP's..

Reply Posted by Tony on Sunday November 17 2013 at 23:31
No, Dan is not from Barnsley but I am. Dan has done a fantastic job as an MP for Barnsley. He has done more and promoted Barnsley since the first day he was elected. Far more than the last MP did in 10 years who, incidentally, WAS from Barnsley.

Reply Posted by hally1297 on Monday November 18 2013 at 14:32
Promoting Barnsley !! Smashing thats brought the jobs rolling in eh....

Reply Posted by Sally on Monday November 18 2013 at 00:10
To the thick shit up thread that talks about London Harriers, you are obviously an imposter as there is no club by that name.

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Monday November 18 2013 at 07:23
Sally@ stop impostering me..the time gives it away London Harrier!!

Reply Posted by Sally on Monday November 18 2013 at 00:16
Maybe your 'Barnsley lass' should get out running. Probably a size 16 ******.

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Monday November 18 2013 at 07:35
@sally. you must lead a very sad life in London.you have nothing better to do than imposter on OUR WAB. for Barnsley people..JOG ON BITCH..sorry Dan spoken for!!

Reply Posted by sally on Monday November 18 2013 at 10:16
OOh what a lovely man you are. Saying the words 'Jog on Bitch' makes you out to be a misogynistic ****. I pity your poor wife. She probably got beat up yesterday for 'burning those there yorkshire puds'

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Monday November 18 2013 at 12:36
Sally erm Kilkenny@ In the name.I am female from wilthorpe you fool..i guessed you was a trans-gender bender..Jog with your dog..

Reply Posted by Sally on Monday November 18 2013 at 14:49
That will be the council estate in Wilthorpe then.

Reply Posted by christine kilkenny on Monday November 18 2013 at 15:01
No, A nice semi just of queen,s drive..paid for by hard work..And I was brought up on a council estate and will never forget my roots..That;s why you moved to London because people like you.Think your better then everybody else..notre the word "THINK".a leopard can not change its spots..

Reply Posted by rainbow on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 10:31
Suprised he has time to train for events like this given all the time they say they spend fighting for a better Barnsley.??

Reply Posted by Sally on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 23:35
Off Queens Drive you say? That dire road full of semi detached houses that leads to the hospital? Hardly St Johns Wood is it sweetie.

@Rainbow - I have plenty of time to train. I don't have a husband who expects me to be at his beck and call like the average Barnsley man.

Reply Posted by Kilkenny on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 23:38
Christine Sally Kilkenny@ I ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU WAS A CROSS DREESER...JOG ON WEDGIE!!

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Tuesday November 19 2013 at 23:44
Be a good girl Sally.Put kettle on.

Reply Posted by Michael Short on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 09:11
The comments on here are a very saddening show of stupidity. Well done citizens of Barnsley, keep spewing your poorly spelt hate and misogyny.

Reply Posted by f on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 09:35
the word misogyny.what a give away alais Kilkenny.christine,sally,mae brussel,plus more

Reply Posted by Kate on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 09:33
Welcome to We Are Barnsley Mr Short. Express an opinion on here and you will be shot down in flames. The regular posters hate women. As for the spelling and grammar.............The men are controlling arses. I pity their poor wives.

Reply Posted by k on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 09:36
jog on and onononononono o nnnnnnoooooo jog on.put kettle on,that;s a good girl!

Reply Posted by k on Wednesday November 20 2013 at 10:23
'Our lass, our lass, stick kettle on will tha or that will get a reyht beating'