Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Midnight Blaze Caused By Candle

Thursday November 14 2013




A BARNSLEY woman escaped and two neighbours had to be evacuated after a candle caused a blaze.

Firefighters were called out to Grange Court, Park Street, Wombwell, at around midnight on Monday.

When firefighters arrived at the flat they found the flames were contained to the window area - near to where the candle had been burning.

A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue said: "The lady was already out of the flat when the crews arrived. A tea light had accidently set fire to a curtain.

"Firefighters put the fire out and ventilated the flat. To prevent candles causing a fire in your home don’t leave them burning in a room with no-one in it. Make sure they're in holders that won’t fall over."

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus
4 Showing 4 comments

Reply Posted by Mystery on Thursday November 14 2013 at 13:08
Naked flame.......material.......common sense....NIL!

Reply Posted by special on Thursday November 14 2013 at 13:55
I know who's house this was and she's a old lady. I saw her in town and she was still shaken up and said she was lucky to be alive.

Reply Posted by jan on Thursday November 14 2013 at 16:43
prob trying to save money on extortionately priced electricity. glad all are okay

Reply Posted by Mum of three on Thursday November 14 2013 at 18:55
Bless her
Probably forgot about it