News » Traffic and Travel

Breaking: Bus Services Replace Trains

Wednesday November 6 2013

A PERSON has been hit by a train near Chapeltown and trains are affected from Barnsley.

Buses are replacing trains between Meadowhall, Barnsley and Wakefield Kirkgate, with journey times extended by up to 60 minutes.

This will continue until further notice.

Where possible, some trains will divert between Sheffield and Leeds.

Reply Posted by wonder on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 11:27
been "hit" and survived or commited suicide? either of them I feel sorry for the family and that person x

Reply Posted by Baz on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 11:48
Got to feel sorry for the train driver too, nothing they can do in that situation.

Reply Posted by zoey boast on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 14:47
As a regular user of trains this is becoming a regular accurance it seems to be every other week my train journeys are dissurupted by this and disturbing at the same time everytime i hear the tanouy telling me my train is delayed by this it sends shivers down my spine that ppl are either stupid enough to be crossing lines or feel that its the only way out and commit suicide surely something can be done to help provent this from becoming an everday accurance.

Reply Posted by Lynne on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 18:06
Please, please let this not be a suicide. Surviving being hit by a train is rare indeed. I cannot see any other reason why someone would be on or very near a train track.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 18:48
If you loose a friend or family member as a result of these sad events, if that appears to be what happened.

You will if you are human share there pain.

If your names Kiss one day you will regret your comments.

Reply Posted by Sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 18:58
Swifty@ I,d love to give the moron "KISS" a Glasgow Kiss..

Reply Posted by Mum of Three on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 18:54
So Sad.
Can't begin to imagine what family and friends are going through.

Reply Posted by the real sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 19:12
might buy myself a ouija board and dabble in the occult.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 19:40
Sid I was going to give it a breck from posting having got an imposter. Having said that the "vile" comments people like KISS made.

Makes my Stomach sick.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 19:47
@swifty, its the imposter, he's turned into my stalker. As from now I,m changing names, rest assured the KISS post was not me. We,ve had some good banter between us. Did you finish your letter to the primeminister?

Reply Posted by Swifty on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 19:57
@Sid let me assure you I have no Doubt you did not post That "KISS" comment hope my posts did not intend that.

You are a more educated, caring person than to post vile comments like that.

I've sent my letter to the PM and sure Dave will reply soon.

I was getting worried about you Sid over the weekend. I thought you had climbed over the wall at the Cannon Hall bonfire and had got stuck for a few days. You have been very Quiet

As for you claiming there was no Farther Christmas I'm not very happy.

I know through experience that there is a tooth fairy. I put my false teeth under the pillow Sunday Night having a few sherberts too many

When I got up Monday morning I found £32.00 under my pillow so you need to stop spreading rumours Sid.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 20:04
Haha, swifty, yes I was busy I went to the Old Moor Halloween walk,it was brilliant. Its been all about family over the last few days. I'm glad you have written the letter to Cameron,like I posted to you previously, I once wrote. I got a reply too,and the issue I was ranting about was eventually sorted in my favour...Haha. It made me feel good, sad I know, but hey? You keep hold of those gnashers, because I reckon you,be not many left...joking.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 20:08
@Sid to be honest I never found my teeth. Having Said the Shitzu looks different this week.

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 20:12
What you call the dog.KNASHERS,

Reply Posted by shelley on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 21:58
Swifty and Sid, you two are so entertaining keep up the good banter :)

Reply Posted by sid on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 22:13
give me 10 pints of the jungle juice and i can be really amusing.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Wednesday November 6 2013 at 22:20
@Sid see you at clinic in the meeting tomorrow. It's nice to see you are cutting down on your Alcohol intake.

Keep this up and we may be able to start letting you out on your own. However climbing over walls to avoid paying into Bonfires will still be Monitored

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday November 7 2013 at 00:33
The real Klkenny here Sid and Swifty. No way would our Sid post anything vile. I don't know what happened but Sid is decent. Yes he is an old fart who went to grammar school but he is decent.

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Thursday November 7 2013 at 00:35