Coronation Street Actor To Switch On Lights

Monday October 28 2013

A CORONATION Street actor is switching the Alhambra's Christmas lights on next month.

Jack P. Shepherd, 25, who has played David Platt on the popular soap since 2000, will be turning on the shopping centre's lights at 5pm on Wednesday, November 20.

Reply Posted by mr x on Monday October 28 2013 at 09:56
I hope pingu is still doing it

Reply Posted by crazygirl on Monday October 28 2013 at 09:58
Perhaps David Platt IS dressing up as pingu Mr x?.........best of both worlds? lol :)

Reply Posted by moi on Monday October 28 2013 at 09:58
I wonder if he will be paying his son a visit while he's in the same town!!!!

Reply Posted by MichelleFan on Monday October 28 2013 at 09:59
Bah was hoping for Michelle Keegan rather than stupid Platt...

Reply Posted by mary on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:00
all the fuss about pingu has got david who wants to see him platt,now turning the lights on,my kids were looking forward to seeing pingu,so were a lot more families,,

Reply Posted by A Nonnie Mouse on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:02
Pingu is still the big star and turning on the town's lights.

The Z-list personality is turning on the Alhambra lights.

Reply Posted by mary on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:04
oh good...pingu here we come.....kids cant wait..

Reply Posted by . on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:01
PINGUUUU :-D :-O

Reply Posted by backward barnsley folk on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:09
Platty is a Leeds fan!!!

Reply Posted by dia on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:20
go jack p shepherd alias david platt
how can a cartoon pratt switch anything on!

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Monday October 28 2013 at 10:23
Well, a carnt spayk. I'm flitting. A sin the bird off,an nar they GI mi job to that evil scroat. Bugger it.

Reply Posted by pingu on Monday October 28 2013 at 11:36
Still here just waiting for the call soon be turning everything on in Barnsley just been asked to light the bonfire in Locke park can't wait

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Monday October 28 2013 at 11:43
I'm upset. No buggers bothered about me. I'm out a here.

Reply Posted by Mick on Monday October 28 2013 at 11:56
With his horrid little troll face, he'd be better suited to a halloween event.

Reply Posted by clare taylor on Monday October 28 2013 at 12:14
someone said that ages ago cos he tweeted it

Reply Posted by lisa on Monday October 28 2013 at 13:06
is that seriously the best that we can do! When I think of christmas that sour faced little thing isnt' the first person that springs to mind!

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Monday October 28 2013 at 13:25
The towns skint! Who dya want? George Clooney,? there wud be grumbles abart wasting money then. I wudda dun it for nowt,but nobody wants me.

Reply Posted by ken on Monday October 28 2013 at 16:16
ET (gail) must have phoned home or she would have done it

Reply Posted by Pingu on Monday October 28 2013 at 17:04
Just been invited to all pubs in TARN i( if that how you say it ) on mad Friday think Barnsley likes me shame I only drink water

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Monday October 28 2013 at 17:30
Awww shurrup yer owe bird

Reply Posted by Pingu on Monday October 28 2013 at 18:18
Steady on TT am not old 17 in your years but only 4 in penguin years think me old mate Orville might be coming with me this time

Reply Posted by tracy on Monday October 28 2013 at 18:28
If you dont like him, dont go...simple. Why are people so nasty all the time?

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Monday October 28 2013 at 18:29
Ar se! Dunt tha b starting wi turf wars. I gotta few dalmation mates. Chuffin Orville....!!!!!!!!!!! he will wish he cud bloody fly.

Reply Posted by harry hill on Thursday October 31 2013 at 08:21
Who would win in a fight between Toby tyke and pingu? Only one way to find out............. FIGHT lol

Reply Posted by Pingu on Thursday October 31 2013 at 09:08
Brilliant Harry but I think I would win ( wings down )

Reply Posted by toby tyke on Thursday October 31 2013 at 09:40
Thy ant gorrenny teeth bird brain. KNOCKKNOCK.

Reply Posted by me on Monday October 28 2013 at 22:22
Nicely said tracy, barnsley folk r so easy to judge,, he cud b best bloke uve eva met...

Reply Posted by Bec on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 09:07
If you dont have nothin nice to say, then dont say nothin at all!!

Reply Posted by Megan on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 09:07
Why does everyone have to be so negative? Christ! Some people are just NEVER happy! Who are you expecting to switch on the lights then? Brad Pitt? Johnny Depp?
Why can't you just enjoy the event and have fun regardless to who is switching on the lights! If you want some amazing A-lister to switch on the lights then get out your cheque book because you'd only whinge and moan about the waste of money in this town!

Reply Posted by Rebecca Jones on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 09:08
Ps....anyone know what the P stands for in his name??

Reply Posted by princessTilly on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 09:47
Rebecca Jones I think the P stands for prick!! ;)

Reply Posted by Katie on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 10:52
people should be grateful they even have lights to switch on in Barnsley town centre full stop never mind who is actually switching them on! some places don't even get it! so inconsiderate some people...

Reply Posted by Flapper on Tuesday October 29 2013 at 13:55
DICKIE BIRD WAS FIRST PICK,BUT HES GIVIN HIS FORE FINGER A REST,, WHOS NICKED DICKIE,HAS HE FLOWN THE NEST.

Reply Posted by Louise guest on Thursday October 31 2013 at 14:31
Wat time is lights gettin turned on

Reply Posted by caroline on Friday November 22 2013 at 13:53
Can you link me pictures from that night please?