Remarkable Success Of Barnsley-Based Company Shows At TV Star's Launch

Friday October 25 2013

Vicky Pattison Vicky Pattison

THOUSANDS of fans flocked to the launch of a reality television star's new hair extension line - and it was made possible by a Barnsley company.

What the screaming fans of Geordie Shore's Vicky Pattison may not have known was her 'VIP Hair' range has been created for her not in Paris, Milan or New York, but by a Barnsley business.

Sally's Glitz and Glam, which is based in Barnsley's indoor market, is loved by the stars of TV shows ranging from Coronation Street to The Only Way Is Essex and Geordie Shore.

Sally's mum started off selling wigs and hairpieces on Barnsley market in the 1970s.

Sally, 37, took on the business and, along with her brother Daniel, they have created a company that attracts customers from London to Barnsley as well as high-profile clients and fans.

Their Twitter account has nearly 40,000 followers and they sell via their website to customers the length and breadth of the country.

So when Vicky Pattison from MTV show Geordie Shore wanted to launch her own line of hair extensions, she headed straight for Barnsley.

Vicky explained: "I love my Glitz and Glam big hair - so I thought it was a great idea to approach the fantastic team at Sally's to create my own hair extension line.

"We created all my favourite pieces with that VIP twist. All the styles are designed to be easy wearing - from natural day wear to the glamorous night look."

Sally, from Wakefield Road, Staincross, still works on the market stall three days a week. Her younger brother, Daniel, who lives in Brierley, looks after their website and Twitter account.

"We thought quite a few fans might be interested in the launch of Vicky's VIP line in Manchester - but nothing prepared us for the hundreds and hundreds of people who were there," said Sally.

"Customers really do travel from London to Barnsley market to buy from us and I think that's great."

Reply Posted by Lisa on Friday October 25 2013 at 13:22
Well done sally

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 13:49
im sorry folks for my comment above.its just the excitement getting to me.

Reply Posted by sally on Friday October 25 2013 at 13:52
well done sid.didnt know we had an emmerdale star on wab.weii done mate.

Reply Posted by tommy on Friday October 25 2013 at 14:00
sid you sly old dog.you kept quiet about your audition for emmerdale,wish you every success mate.

Reply Posted by pete on Friday October 25 2013 at 14:10
congratulations sid.you will be a great addiction to the dingle family.my mates and i are thinking of starting a we love sid fan club up.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 14:27
wendy i was told there might be abit jealousy on wab when i told people on wab i had been chosen to star in emmerdale.

Reply Posted by norman on Friday October 25 2013 at 14:33
my wife and i are big fans of emmerdale.it is something we wouldnt miss.its great news about you appearing in it.my wife wishes you every success and wishes you the very best of luck.well done sid.

Reply Posted by barnsley bob on Friday October 25 2013 at 15:02
sid are you for real.are you really going to be on emmerdale ?.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 15:07
yes barnsley bob im going to be emmerdale.you see what you can achieve if you really try.

Reply Posted by susan on Friday October 25 2013 at 15:18
sid me and family think its great that you have got a part in emmerdale .what part are you playing,somebody told me you playing the part of the dingles long lost relative.we look forward to seeing you.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 15:30
your correct susan thats the part im playing.it should be fun meeting and working with the dingles.i cant wait.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 15:42
a friend just told me their is a fake sid on wab who is accusing me of being a fraud.all i can say to this sad jealous person is that im the real sid and they take their accusations some place else.

Reply Posted by susan on Friday October 25 2013 at 16:12
yes sid ive seen the fake sid,hes probably jealous of your good fortune.ignore what he has to say.hes a loser thats just jealous of people who make a success out of their lives.keep us posted on how your getting on learning the part you are playing in emmerdale.

Reply Posted by mr khan here to sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 21:58
imposters surely ruined are bit of banter,i saved you some bloody kestrel,i think a bloody drink will do us both good,goodness gracious me,mr khan serving Barnsley for well over 40yrs,

Reply Posted by sid to mr khan on Friday October 25 2013 at 22:18
Ahhh Mr khan,yes they're plonkers. I've just had some kestrel and it has done me good, what are you doing on this wig post. I bet you,be been pulling your hair out having to sell the kestrel so cheeeep. Haha.

Reply Posted by sis on Friday October 25 2013 at 22:36
look above me people its the fake sid,poor bloke is jealous cause i got a part in emmerdale.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 22:40
go and inpersonate somebody is.im the real sid.you are an imposter,your not fooling anybody.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 22:45
Haha, you're bonkers. If you want to join my fan club you can.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 22:57
sid wanna be,why are you following me around and why are you using my name and pretending to be me?.

Reply Posted by sid on Friday October 25 2013 at 23:05
your not fooling anybody so carry copying me if it keeps you happy.guess it must amuse you in some strange way.