Benefit Fraud Man Warned About Jail

Wednesday October 16 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A BARNSLEY man who has completed just 54 out of 240 hours of unpaid work after being found guilty of benefit fraud has been warned he will be jailed if he doesn't up his efforts.

Probation officer Charles McDermid, prosecuting, said James Radcliffe, 31, last did unpaid work in mid-July.

He said: "He didn't tell the Probation Service he had changed his address. It's of concern that 186 hours of unpaid work still has to be done more than six months after he was sentenced."

Mr McDermid said Radcliffe wrongly claimed £8,119 in benefits when he failed to disclose he was a full-time student.

Morgan Hogarth, defending, said Radcliffe had started working but had had problems including difficulties with an employer and his landlord.

Mr Hogarth added: "Mr Radcliffe wants to get on with things. It would be shame to condemn him to prison now."

Deputy District Judge Tim Capstick said: "I will send you to prison if you do not complete this work."

Radcliffe, who admitted failing to attend unpaid work sessions, had 20 hours added to his sentence and was ordered to pay £70 in costs.

Reply Posted by I hate benefit cheats on Wednesday October 16 2013 at 14:44
There are loads if benefit cheats in Barnsley. I could name loads

Reply Posted by john on Wednesday October 16 2013 at 14:48
you must be well educated I HATE BENEFIT CHEATS cant even write a correct sentence you dumb c+nt,

Reply Posted by as well on Wednesday October 16 2013 at 18:20
everybody knows who lol is,every post is vile and guess what,the fool does not no how to turn CAPS LOCK OFF,

Reply Posted by as well on Sunday October 20 2013 at 17:36
hes back LOL AND MANY OTHER ALIAS,CAPS LOCK GIVE IT AWAY.fool

Reply Posted by post on Wednesday October 16 2013 at 14:45
come on you keyboard pushers,bedroom tax and council tax,back to work, and tory voters,see what crap you can type,,

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday October 16 2013 at 23:19
Grow up lot of u. Arguin on wab site, leave a decent comment or piss off

Reply Posted by U red on Thursday October 17 2013 at 05:47
I work suffer from different things can't get nowt b first to b caught if I did hate all benefit cheats

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday October 18 2013 at 08:29
I work, don't claim any benefits. No child benefits, working tax credits, child tax credits. I don't give a shiny shit what others claim. I honestly cannot get worked up by the benefits thing. Good luck to them I say.

Reply Posted by bobbie on Friday October 18 2013 at 10:54
@Kilkenny...what utter dribble..all your post slate benefit ,ctax,bed tax,and disabled,you left Barnsley in the 9o,s,you are a landlord,you hate Barnsley,BUT COMMENT ON EVERY POST,we wabers are sick of you,go back to your beautiful new home,i think it is all in your dreams,

Reply Posted by bobbie on Friday October 18 2013 at 10:59
@Kilkenny..please read your 1st post on barnsleys huge rent arrears,all benefit claimants are lazy etc etc,why don't you piss off and crawl into a big hole,stop slating us from barnsley

Reply Posted by kilkenny on Friday October 18 2013 at 13:39
@bobbie - I think most people got that that my first post on that thread was ironic. Now would you like me to explain what irony is?

Reply Posted by bogoff on Saturday October 19 2013 at 18:29
Killenny, Lepont and Mrs Mail are all the same person, its so obvious to see when you compare their posts, all full of the same shite.

Reply Posted by sid on Saturday October 19 2013 at 18:37
Not sure bogoff. I can see the London connection,and yes Mrs mails gone quiet, but, by god Mrs mail can hardly put a sentence together, the other two argue a bit more elequantly.