Inquest Into Man's Death Gets Underway

Tuesday October 8 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A MAN was found dead on his settee - days after visiting his GP complaining of chest pains.

Gary Newsome, 50, of Hartington Drive, Honeywell, died at his home on July 19, 2011.

An inquest in Sheffield was told how Mr Newsome, who suffered from diabetes, smoked and was overweight, had been to see Dr John Harban, who works at Lundwood Medical Centre, on July 15, accompanied by his brother, Allan.

Allan went into the consultation room with his brother and said Gary was complaining of chest pains and that he was out of breath.

But Dr Harban said Gary did not complain of chest pains.

Dr Harban said he believed Gary was starting with a viral illness that had exposed a developing condition - an obstruction of his airways - from the number of cigarettes he was smoking.

He said he followed guidelines and sent Gary away without treatment.

Within a couple of days of seeing the doctor, Gary left a telephone message for him, complaining of chest pains which he said he had suffered the day before his appointment.

Mr Harban said he rang Gary on July 18 and asked him if he had any chest pains, to which he said 'no, it hurts when I cough'.

"That statement did not represent a cardiac cause for his cough," Dr Harban said.

The blood tests showed an infection, and the GP asked Gary to go in and see him, but as Gary had no transport to get there, it was agreed he would prescribe tablets to be picked up by his brother.

Dr Harban did not log the conversation on the computer until the following day, July 19, but dated it July 18, and admitted this was poor practice.

He denied he knew Gary had died when he logged the notes.

Expert witness Dr Grenville said Dr Harban had made insufficient enquiries and examinations on July 18 and insufficient enquiries when speaking to Mr Newsome on the phone.

A verdict will be recorded on October 23.

Reply Posted by Kerry on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:06
Shame on them!!!

Reply Posted by kirsty on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:08
Get him struck of,Dr harban is the worst doctor ive ever known,however he managed to become a doctor is beyond me,

Reply Posted by carol on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 14:17

Reply Posted by Croftsy on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:17
Shut up idiots. Dr Harban is brilliant, a good professional doctor and adhered to strict guidelines. If the guy says he isn't complaining of chest pains there is nothing Dr Harban could've done. Have some respect. RIP to the deceased person in this unfortunate case

Reply Posted by Don McCarron on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 10:50
It looks like Harban's supporters share his lovely manners.

Reply Posted by Karen on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:19
This is so sad and it annoys me how the story quotes he was a heavy smoker so what !! I know people who have never smoked and still get ill and some that have died. Yes I agree smoking is unhealthy as Is many other things and no I am not a smoker.
It does not say what the man had died of though.
And I'm sure we have all seen enough adverts on the TV and in the press informing us if we have chest pain or stroke symptoms phone 999 any thing else GP's or pharmacy people do need to take responsibly for there own actions

Reply Posted by carol on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 14:12
no one knows the pain that my 11yrs old daughter goes through every day, because gary was my daughters dad.

Reply Posted by john jamieson on Saturday December 28 2013 at 20:42

Dear NHS Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group,

Following the inquest into the death of Mr. Gary Newsome, as
reported in the Barnsley Chronicle, there has been serious
criticism of the conduct of Dr. John Harban.

According to the statements made by Dr John Harban he has admitted
to making false and misleading retrospective entries into the
medical records of the deceased patient.

This conduct , as reported, amounts to dishonesty and a lack of
probity on his part.

What has the Barnsley CCG done by way of investigating this
conduct?

Has the Barnsley CCG asked Dr John Harban to explain his behavior?

How is the Barnsley CCG satisfied that such behavior is not being
repeated by Dr. John Harban?

If, as reported, Dr. John Harban has a list size of over 6,000
patients, how is the Barnsley CCG satisfied that he is able to
provide a safe service to all his patients?

Has the Barnsley CCG or the previous PCT investigated Dr. John
Harban previously?

Yours faithfully,

john jamieson

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:23
I went t see dr harban in2009 with chronic abdominal pain. He sent me away with a diagnosis of a uti told me i had to drink plenty. 2 days later i was admitted to bdgh with a abcess on my appendix and close to losing my bowel...... Brilliant doctor!!!!!! Mmmmmmm

Reply Posted by Annon on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:25
I changed doctors frm dr Harlan after he repeatedly told me I had a viral infection for 3 wks then to end up goin to hospital and bein told I had pneumonia, not once did he listen to my chest or log it on the computer as I made a complaint to the pct and he had nothing on record evening tho he had been out to my house 6 times! He's a disgrace. MY OPINION.

Reply Posted by annon on Tuesday May 20 2014 at 17:15
My experience is similar to yours, I kept going back and was told I had pulled a muscle, I sought another doctors opinion when I ended up being rushed to a&e with pneumonia, wish I had made a complaint now because I have been left with M E because of this and struggle everyday 5 years on. I too moved doctors.

Reply Posted by Annon on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:26
**harban

Reply Posted by Don McCarron on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:37
Croftsy. It's clear you either know nothing about Harban or are connected to him in some way. Hopefully he has had his last chance and no one else will have to suffer his arrogance or his incompetence.

Reply Posted by nic on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:43
Horrible doctor. I got to the point where I dreaded going to the doctors, for myself or my children. He just fobs you off or insults you .

Reply Posted by No name on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 10:44
I know a lady who kept goin to see dr harban she had complained for months of her head hurting an the she had a fall due to a brain tumer she past out an was takin to hospital due yo dr harban not sendin her for test how ever I have never been wi dr harban because of all the bad things been said about him it's a real shame if you ask me

Reply Posted by kaydee on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:00
My Dad has been with Dr Harban for years and he identified a problem with his throat and referred him straight to the hospital where he was diagnosed with throat cancer which was successfully treated. Whilst I agree that Dr Harban does not have much in the way of a bed-side manner which when coupled with his very dry sense of humour can come across as arrogant. My Dad won't hear a bad word said against him. One point: people never make much of a fuss these days when a professional does a good job, but people are always quick to criticise when something like this happens

Reply Posted by carol on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 13:50
dr must have had a good day, but its garys family that r suffering ,mainly my daughter because gary was my daughters dad .

Reply Posted by anon on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:02
I changed from this doctor a few years ago as id had enough of his incompetence and wrong diagnosis on a number of ocassions....I have never met such such an arrogant, ignorant man and hes supposed to be a professional..!!! He has no compassion is totally rude and worse of all he doesnt listen to his patients. His standard of care in my opinion is very poor and im so glad i changed my family to another doctors surgery.

Reply Posted by Amy on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:09
Ffs! I was going to see him today about my chest pains and something else not even going to bother with him now!

Reply Posted by rachel on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:11
How many times has dr Harban been in the chronicle now.Was it not a few years ago he sent a woman away with a breast lump which turned out to be cancer.I myself would never go to him and as a breast cancer survivor myself I can never praise my drs enough for what they did.Maybe this guys death was unfortuinate and guidelines followed but how do you explain the rest pf the cases against him.Guess being a dr you don't always get it right but I as a support worker I used to take residents to this man and his manner was awful so im glad I don't go to hnm personally.

Reply Posted by rach on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:13
and its all about money the nhs don't want to pay for people to have the tests they should.

Reply Posted by Freddy on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 11:24
My Brother attended Dr Harbans surgery for over 2 years with lower back pain. He was fortunate enough to attend on 1 day that a locum was on duty, 3 days later he was diagnosed with bowel cancer (it runs in the family) after this Dr, immediately had a full range of tests done and what makes this disgusting is the fact that the Dr who diagnosed him was told by Harban that the tests were not needed and he ( the locum Dr) would have to pay for the tests which he( Harban ) said were to expensive. My brother died 12 months later and the locum Dr was pushed out of the surgery. My total respect to Dr Rajput.

Reply Posted by jus on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 12:06
I used to be with him, the good thing with Dr Harban, you get seen straight away, because, theres nobody waiting to be seen. Other than that, he's crap.
I wouldn't even send my worst enemy to him.
Was with him for years, if the Locum wasn't on, I never came away with a perscription. He's never checked me over.
I was heard him telling a little boy, "There's nothing wrong with you, you're just telling lies to your mummy" which I think was out of order

Reply Posted by Connor on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 12:30
My mum went to see him for a operation to do with carpal tunnel, and he botched the job! Absolute shite. Mum said he was the worst doctor she'd ever seen. Seems the few positive comments are from his 'select group' he must like then.

Reply Posted by jasmine on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 13:22
Sure its him who chamged my implant I have had it done once before not a mark on me... he did it the second time my arm turned black and blue bruised as hell will never go back their again!!!

Reply Posted by Hannah on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 13:49
He's done nothing but let people down that man. He's very rude and unprofessional. He sends you home no matter what is wrong with you.
Hope he gets the sack. Disgusting creature.

Reply Posted by Sharon on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 14:06
Dr Harban is a Rude, Arrangant, unsensitive GP , i was under his practice for years until i left, how someone can say he's a good Dr i will never know, he's had more chances than enough so i think the time has come for him to hang up his prescription pad and retire, he has no compassion for his patients, has long has he dont have to dip into his Budget he dont care, hope he gets what he deserve's............ although i doubt he will, he'll wriggle his way out of it he always does

Reply Posted by Keiron Keeling on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 14:51
My son fell off my mums front door step, within ten mins a lump apeard on his fore arm, my son screemin so mi mum m girlfriend took him to c his doc which at time was harban! Harban sed its nit broke fetch he bk next week, and if its still like that al send him for an x ray! So tgey fetchd my son bk home and I wasn't happy an took him straight to hospital to find it was broke. Am really glad a didn't listen to harban because image leavin ya 2yr old child a week with a broken arm hes pure ignerant the man wants lockin up and they key destroying!!!!!

Reply Posted by Anon111 on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 15:11
Rest in peace Gary, hope all your family soon find peace and comfort. Sorry to hear that your daughter is suffering Carol.

Reply Posted by Diane on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 15:19
I saw Dr Harban on several occasions in 2008 complaining of weight loss, sweating, trembling and rapid heart rate. He told me I was the anxious type and dismissed me.
Rushed to hospital 2 days heart rate of 160 after my last visit and diagnosed with Grave's disease. One month later went for my medication, the hospital had put me on 30mg but, dr Harban would only supply me with 20. I phoned the hospital to pass on my notes so I could get all my medication. They did, but, had to pay twice! Saw Dr Harban while getting my second prescription and he told me he's seen much worse Grave's disease and what was all the fuss about!!! I changed GP.

Reply Posted by fletch on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 15:26
my gp is dr harban when you go to see him you cant sit and chat wants you out to get next one in typical i went had bad head pains which i never had before was frightening told him he says its sun stroke told him was not never been in sun he says it is i told him think its my blood pressure sure enough it was very high causing the pain but had to diagnose myself he a waste of time and time for me to move on to another doctor that will sit and listen to your problems

Reply Posted by gc on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 15:30
Dr Harban is the most insensitive, incompetent doctor I have ever come across. We changed practices as soon as Hill Brow opened (thank God for Hill Brow!). If I hadn't insisted that my 36 year old husband have a mole removed (one which had changed quite significantly) I have no doubt that he would be dead now. It was an aggressive malignant melanoma which Harban said was hereditary and nothing to worry about. I dread to think if I'd let my husband go to the surgery on his own that day! He takes nobody seriously during the 2 or 3 minutes that he gives you! Useless! Should be struck off.

Reply Posted by paula ravenhill on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 16:17
this man is appaling I collaped on the 11 of july 2011 he the nhs help line called him to my home he sed I had a viral infection without even checkin me over I was slowly diein I had a brain anyerisum that had bust and was bleeding on my brain my head was filling with spinal fluid and pushing my eyes out 3days later wen my mum got mi to hostpital the doctor there found it straight away I ended up havin my head drilled and a drain fitted t drain away fluid he then denied ever seeing me .I am so lucky to be here no thanks to him xx

Reply Posted by sid on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 16:26
I dont know this doctor,but these posts are awfull. How is the guy getting away with his obvious lack of medical knowlegde? Each person on here should now use the perfect time to report your stories to the BMA. This guy must be stopped. If he cant do the job he should be outed by the patients he has misdiagnosed. Get your pens out, and take action.

Reply Posted by sexycat on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 17:18
First of all my thoughts and prayers go out to Gary's family, I lost a parent at a young age so knows exactly how it feels. On the other hand, it's funny how everyone seems to slate a doctor when a story appears in the paper. I personally have no complaints about him, he's always done right by me and my family. My guess is that Dr Harban would have seen the patient smokes and overweight and maybe assumed things he shouldn't have (as most doctors do!) If poor gary was suffering from chest pains, his best bet would've been to go straight to A&E.......although it doesn't say what he died of. Doctors tend to look at patients like there machines. To be honest I agree with both sides and although the patient could've been saved, he may have still died whether he sought medical help or not. Poor judgement maybe, but it's not all Dr's fault.....surely, although I dis-agree he should have logged any phone call the same day. Doctor's wouldn't be able to practise if he wasn't fit enough. I really am sorry for the family's loss.......but I think there's more to this story. People are too quick to make judgement. Nobody knows the full story on both sides :-(

Reply Posted by ellen on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 18:05
@Freddy I agree Dr Rajput is an awesome doctor he was fantastic when he was at Galtee More Surgery he got my son diagnosed with Coeliacs disease at 14 months old which is very young we need more doctors like him!

Reply Posted by B F C DOCTOR on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 18:36
HES GOT A NEW BLACK 63 REG RANGE ROVER VOGUE WITH CREAM LEATHER LUBBERLY

Reply Posted by Swifty on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 20:57
Sadly this is the kind of story we will read more about.Over worked GP,s and a struggling NHS.My heart goes out to Gary's family.

There does seem to be alarm bells ringing here.

Reply Posted by lee c on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 22:27
i (like many others) had harban as my doctor, i changed from him due to him being able to diagnose my illness without even speaking to me or seeing me!!!!. it was only went i went to college to learn by other students that he didnt get his nickname ( DOCTOR DEATH) for nothing.
the best doctor i ever had was "mark" at the NHS drop-in centre at plaza. absolute brilliant. understanding, caring, and polite.
then they went and shut the place down!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 23:48
All doctors are crap.
What is the difference between a doctor.
A vet and a mechanic. nothing they are all trained to lie. they all relieve you of your money and no one can prove that they lie.
A good job to have and get away with murder

Reply Posted by sid on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 23:50
You poor disalutioned person

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Tuesday October 8 2013 at 23:51
Its been done tens of thousands of times
but how many end up in prison

Reply Posted by Janei on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 08:30
Having worked as a health professional for over 20 years and being a patient of Dr.Harban i was totally appauled at his manner. He was rude and unwilling to listen, hence changing practice.
I can honestly say i was embarassed to be in the same profession as him.
My sincere condolences to the guy's family x

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 10:38
Sid.
The word is dissolution.
You can only know facts if you study.
see the facts.

Reply Posted by eden on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 21:14
This waste of space didnt recognize my mum having pneumonia. He is totally responible. She died in 98 her name was mary powell. My name is eden powell, my time will come harben

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Thursday October 10 2013 at 10:07
Eden.
Your letter is the sort of letter that everyone should be writing about that lives around barnsley.
Its no good complaining to any ombudsman you would just be another moaner.
In my family alone i can name at least 6 family members who have. Serious. misgivings about doctor failings in one respect or another and that is just one family in hoyland area how many other
family units can relate to different doctors in the barnsley area.
How many doctors really give a monkeys
about patients,or is it more to do with money.
One aunty died because she went to the doctors so many times with the same pain they decided she was a pest with womans troubles.
They gave her nothing but stomach pills and pain killers.then decided not to listen to her problems anymore.
She died of a burst ulcer.
My mother almost died of the same thing
until i intervened and within 20 minutes the doctor changed her medication.
Another and another and another i can keep going .
Friends who have died young by now banned drugs.
Friend who died as a result of botched opration.
My wife who had a heart attack from the same banned drug and was lucky to be alive because i was there at the time.
Doctors around barnsley and around the country tell more lies than billy.
Did you know that type2 diabetes can be brought on by the drugs you take for something completely different. yet they tell you its what your eating.
And they still lie.
Now type 2. Is as common as the cold.
And high blood pressure is another means to give you pills. but the latest is to give you penicillin when your allergic to penicillin and end up in hospital .
Write on this blog everyone with similar or same experiences at any time in your life in barnsley with any doctor.

Reply Posted by AJ on Thursday October 10 2013 at 17:41
After all reading all these comments, I am appalled. I saw Dr Harban following a back injury only to be harassed with sexual comments and slap on my bottom. I reported it to the GMC then to be reported to the police where the crown prosecution sent it to court! I had to stand in front of a full blown court who made me out to be a druggy and a racist. It was the worst ordeal I have ever been through. It is about time something was done, as his barrister got him off on a technicality!!

Reply Posted by manda on Friday October 11 2013 at 08:10
Harban told me the reason my dad could not get down the stairs for 2 weeks was because he needed two new knees and didn't even come out and see him as requested dad then fell getting out of bed so we called an ambulance after tests in the hospital revealed a brain tumour the other symptoms harban put down to old age

Reply Posted by Lisa Alexander on Friday October 11 2013 at 08:11
I really hope that the Coroner reads these comments - perhaps he can see Mr Harban for the vile, arrogant and rude, unprofessional he truly is! Shame on you John Harban

Reply Posted by Damahay on Friday October 11 2013 at 08:29
Ge used to mock me when i went for help over stress !!

Reply Posted by Kbelz on Friday October 11 2013 at 08:52
I told Dr Harban 10 years ago to get a new profession because he was in the wrong one. That was to his face.

Reply Posted by shocked on Friday October 11 2013 at 08:58
I cannot believe how bad this doctor must be with all of you people sharing your terrible storeis about him. I hear too many occasions these days of rubbish care from doctors. I am so so thankful i have fantastic doctors who always go over and beyond for me and my children. RIP Gary and my sympathies go out to all concerned.

Reply Posted by Megan. on Friday October 11 2013 at 09:04
Wow! Reading all of these comments hasn't really surprised me. I moved to Lundwood a year ago and was under Dr Harban's care for only a couple of months. I had a newborn who suffered very severe eczema so I attended his surgery and I've never been made to feel so awful about just being there. My son was only 1 month old when he developed eczema and Dr Harban refused to prescribe creams as he deemed it unnecessary and a waste of cream. Very insensitive, arrogant and certainly not child-friendly. I moved straight to HBP surgery where I had a very brilliant doctor, Dr Ashton. My sons eczema turned so severe he was made to wear eczema bandages everyday with emollients applied every few hours. Maybe if Dr Harban hadn't just fobbed his skin condition off as milk spots and prescribed me cream (even after my Health Visitor advised him that it was eczema) then maybe treating it earlier could have prevented it altogether.

Reply Posted by LOL on Friday October 11 2013 at 09:14
HARBAN BFC DOCTOR MUST BE GOOD YOU CAN TELL BY THE RESULTS.

Reply Posted by Me on Friday October 11 2013 at 12:22
Dr garbanzo told a friend of mine several times over the course of several months that there was nothing wrong untill my friend happened to see the locum when dr harban was off... He was then told by the locum to go to a&be n finally diagnosed with stage 3 (of 4) Hodgkin's lymphoma! (Cancer)
Thankfully he has just after 9months of chemo been given the all clear!

Reply Posted by Me on Friday October 11 2013 at 12:24
Dr harban not garbanzo haha

Reply Posted by Ali Rayner on Friday October 11 2013 at 21:41
Dr Harban I believe did very similar things with my uncle and mother who both died very suddenly of heart attack, both having seen Dr Death very close to their death and with heart problem symptoms! He deserves what I hope is coming to him

Reply Posted by Harban Patient on Saturday October 12 2013 at 21:41
Never had such an unprofessional doctor...I went with a burst eardrum/ear infection..first thing he did was yank my ear hard to have a look, he gave it a right tug. I lived in Cudworth and returned to my former practise I knew and trusted.

Reply Posted by sam on Saturday October 12 2013 at 21:58
Dr harban misdiagnosis me I went in abdominal pain he didnt examine me only asked questions he basically said it was in my head....2 days later I was admitted to bdgh with acute pancreatitus !!! I ended up stay in hospital for 4 weeks cause he did not do his job properly I changed to hbp surgery in the priory campus and the drs there are brilliant....he need to be stuck off too many ppl have died because of his negligence

Reply Posted by jay on Saturday October 12 2013 at 22:06
this just shows that doctors don't give a dam anymore as long as they get paid I have no faith in doctore anymore

Reply Posted by Carl on Saturday October 12 2013 at 22:09
Get him struck off!!!! He's a disgrace a blokes lost his life because of his poor medical knowlege and the pathetic people on here who are stickin up for him want a bullet!!!

Reply Posted by Harban is w**k on Saturday October 12 2013 at 23:11
I work In a nursing home I foned dr Harban to come to see a patient who suffers with Parkinson's the patient was suffering with a productive cough and sounded chesty! It was my first experience with Harban and I was disgusted not only did he speak to me like shit he also treated the resident like shit he had a piece ov my mind he would not prescribe nothing we only had to have him back out the asshole 24hr later for antibiotics as the resident deteriorated and he was reluctant then said he's old wot do u expect!! F***kin disgraceful man!

Reply Posted by Rachel Sellars on Sunday October 13 2013 at 02:58
When i was 15 he said i had whooping cough turned out was pnewmonia....then i went to see him due to bleeding 4 weeks heavy feel weak n dizzy dr harban said what do u want me to do give u some blood.

Reply Posted by I Hate Harban on Sunday October 13 2013 at 19:39
I went to see doctor harban when i fell pregnant in 2010 i had severe sickness and couldn't even keep water down all he said to me was "you got pregnant" in end i ended up goin to barnsley hospital and had 2 b put on a drip and prescriped tablets for the sickness then in 2011 i fell pregnant with my 2nd child and was suffering from bad aniexty and panic attacks he told me because i was pregnant there was nothing he could do. He is a horrible man and needs to be struck off he doesn't care about his patients only cares about whats going into his bank account all this should be shown and read out when he stands in court he wouldn't have a leg to stand on then!

Reply Posted by Anon on Wednesday October 23 2013 at 14:26
Any news on the verdict in this case?

Reply Posted by Waitingforgod on Friday October 25 2013 at 12:57
I keep threatening to change practices but never get around to it. I think this will finally spur me on. I have had poor health for many years, and I dread having to see the man. Rude and arrogant and does not listen. He has little time for anyone who does not fit into his criteria for the perfect patient. If you are overweight or smoke he has a particular objection to listen, diagnose, and treat you. The last time I had the misfortune to seek his help (some 12 months ago) for an ongoing complaint he said "You need to chill. Lose some weight and do some exercise. Now if you don't mind, I'm running late and have a lot of patients to see." My long term conditions include cancer, heart condition and respitory problems along with a significant dollop of arthritis. Thank you for being so understanding Doctor.

Reply Posted by Topsy on Saturday October 26 2013 at 21:12
I seen Harban lately about blood pressure and wheezy chest that a Dr in London told me to get checked out, walked inHabans office to find him yawning, then was told he couldn't treat me and to come back a few days later as my voice was slurred and I had been drinking!!!!! I then pointed out to him that I was still recovering from a stroke Id had a few months earlier, and my speech impediment was a result of this...,Note to Harban get to know your patients

Reply Posted by john jamieson on Saturday December 28 2013 at 20:40

Dear NHS Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group,

Following the inquest into the death of Mr. Gary Newsome, as
reported in the Barnsley Chronicle, there has been serious
criticism of the conduct of Dr. John Harban.

According to the statements made by Dr John Harban he has admitted
to making false and misleading retrospective entries into the
medical records of the deceased patient.

This conduct , as reported, amounts to dishonesty and a lack of
probity on his part.

What has the Barnsley CCG done by way of investigating this
conduct?

Has the Barnsley CCG asked Dr John Harban to explain his behavior?

How is the Barnsley CCG satisfied that such behavior is not being
repeated by Dr. John Harban?

If, as reported, Dr. John Harban has a list size of over 6,000
patients, how is the Barnsley CCG satisfied that he is able to
provide a safe service to all his patients?

Has the Barnsley CCG or the previous PCT investigated Dr. John