Man Burgles His Own Grandmother

Wednesday October 9 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MAN burgled his grandmother while she was away on holiday - but now wants to say he is sorry.

Joseph David Blackburn, 22, smashed a panel on a door and broke into his grandmother's Pogmoor home while she was on holiday, Barnsley Magistrates' Court was told.

Waseem Raja, prosecuting, said: "Mr Blackburn intended to have a bath, to eat and to watch television. He was not going to take anything."

Probation officer Charles McDermid said Blackburn, of Woodstock Road, Wilthorpe, was 'deeply ashamed of himself'.

Mr McDermid said: "He has sent his grandmother a text message to apologise. He wants to meet her face-to-face. He hates being out of work because he is bored. He feels he has let the entire family down."

John Dobbin, defending, said Blackburn had lost his job at B&Q and his parents had split up at about the same time.

"His life deteriorated. He feels gutted about what he did," Mr Dobbin added.

Deputy District Judge Tim Capstick said: "This was an unpleasant offence and you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself."

Blackburn, who admitted burglary, was ordered to do 100 hours of unpaid work and to pay a £60 victim surcharge.

Reply Posted by aggie devilchild on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 12:11
thats barnsley all ovr its jokes barnsley needs sme seriouse help n not frm five0 neither tarn need reformin fast n quick

Reply Posted by Rofl on Saturday October 12 2013 at 13:15
Starting with the education system obviously...

Reply Posted by LOL on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 12:15
KEEPING IT IN THE FAMILY.

Reply Posted by Jaybe on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 12:22
Aggie, again in English please.

What a low life

Reply Posted by Richard on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 12:22
How lovely. I'm so glad my 2 year old daughter is living in this absolute shit hole surrounded by the scum of the earth. Can't wait to see what she will grow up into.

Reply Posted by Teach 2 year old not to swear-type on public forum? Can't wait to see how you help her grow into the person she becomes - socialisation on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 13:21
Take a bow son

Reply Posted by Richard on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 14:13
My daughter's prospects are far better with me and away from there. Unfortunately it can't be that way due to the system. A sad world we live in. I used the words shit hole, because there isn't a better description for it.

Reply Posted by Sue on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 17:13
Off subject a bit here but what is the Barnsley area getting like!

Went into Wombwell this morning its my day off needed a few bits and pieces. In the new pound shop there was a woman in the queue, unwashed, hair not brushed wearing her slippers and pyjamas with an unbuttoned coat on, looking a total dog.
Walking to the paper shop a crowd of the great unwashed sat outside Weatherspoons with their pushchairs, smoking, gossiping and generally making the whole place look a dive.Not one of the women looked under 15 stone! The poor toddlers in their pushchairs looked bored to death and were being totally ignored.
This was all before 10am.
Very depressing!

Reply Posted by don on Saturday October 12 2013 at 13:21
well sue have you took a really good look at wombwell ,its called wombwell town but the town hall is a pub,the butchers in the market is a pub the market is a pub garden,the church on barnsley road as been made into flats ,cosy boat is shut then theres night time burglars breaking in shops ,wombwell has become a shithole theres no respect anymore ie town hall ,church no baths ect

Reply Posted by Richard on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 17:43
Exactly my point Sue. I'm a respectable person living in a respectable place. My daughter's mum is not. A court thought it best she stays with mum for the majority, based on her lies, yet all I read about on here is how depraved and shocking this area my daughter is living in. I weep for my little girl's future.

Reply Posted by Sue on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 19:27
Hopefully Richard your little girl will get to mix with a better sort when she starts school, and who knows in the future she may be allowed to live with you.
I live amongst respectable decent people in an area of Wombwell where the people have pride and self respect. I often see many such people shopping in and around Wombwell, its not all bad by any means, but when I see the great unwashed I wonder where on earth have they crawled from, how did they get like that?

Reply Posted by julie on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 18:03
I feel for you Richard - It must be soul destroying knowing that the courts favour the mother when they don't have the true facts and deprive your daughter of a decent respectable upbringing. Hopefully, your good standards will rub off on her whilst she is with you.

Reply Posted by Uncle nob head on Wednesday October 9 2013 at 19:43
Waste of air

Reply Posted by MrsMail on Thursday October 10 2013 at 00:42
Diet ? My arse. Get off it.

Reply Posted by sarah on Saturday October 12 2013 at 13:42
used to live in grimethorpe but now live in the millhouse green area. crime, drunkeness and filthy drugs are non existent here. what a move we made !

Reply Posted by Rog on Sunday October 13 2013 at 07:49
Its so easy to deal with these scumbags. Until you make the retribution of committing crime so severe that people dare not do it, these low lifes will keep doing it....