Dogging Sign Taken Down

Thursday October 3 2013

A SIGN put up by a disgusted mother to warn off doggers has been taken down for the second time - after her landlord took exception.

Marie Owen, 27, first put up the cardboard protest, which had a picture of a couple copulating in the shape of a traffic sign after catching two people having sex in a car outside her flat on Wentworth View, Wombwell.

However, it was taken down by police, who deemed it offensive and indecent due to its depiction of a sex act and use of foul language.

Justifying its removal, Wombwell Safer Neighbourhood Team Sgt Phil Jenkins said he thought Marie's protest was hypocritical.

"To say she was standing on an ethical soapbox, it was a pretty disgusting sign," he said. "If a child saw that, it would not have been right. A more mature person would have reported it to the police."

Defiant, Marie replaced the sign with a similar one, this time higher up the lamp post to make it more difficult for anyone to remove, with the same 'traffic sign' drawing and the words: 'Do not remove this sign. It isn't hurting anyone. Some people have no respect. If you do not like my way of discouraging this behaviour... do one!'

However, she said she was forced to take down the sign after the estate agent letting the flats complained, on the basis it made it more difficult for her landlord to let empty flats in the block.

Reply Posted by Ha! on Thursday October 3 2013 at 10:38
I see her logic..... stop the dogging so kids don't have to see it by drawing what they may see! Eh! It was one couple on 1 occasion, anyone would think it happened on a daily basis! Nothing like a bit of attention seeking!!

Reply Posted by hmmm on Thursday October 3 2013 at 10:38
Let the police deal with the situation. This has happened on my street as its a dead end ..it was night and wasnt hurting anyone. So what..

Reply Posted by Raider on Thursday October 3 2013 at 10:50
Is this the lay who is killing herself and her kids by smoking...sort yourself out before you start on others...

Reply Posted by ha! on Thursday October 3 2013 at 11:02
Yep, thats the one!

Reply Posted by Graham on Thursday October 3 2013 at 18:55
Lay. That was an unfortunate typing error, should it have been lady?

Reply Posted by max on Thursday October 3 2013 at 10:50
I do see her point, but maybe she didn't go about it the best way? Had she reported it to the police, what would they have done? Probably nothing. This kind of behaviour (dogging) should be kept to none residential areas! If the sign is 'disturbing' for kids or anyone for that matter to see, how would they feel if they actually SAW it happening? If you're going to have outdoor sex, then do it n have fun lol, but chose somewhere secluded like a country lane? It is very selfish to do it where ppl might see you, or is that the whole point?

Reply Posted by Ha! on Thursday October 3 2013 at 11:06
That is the whole point yeah, but its also the point for someone to be watching and no-one was, the last report stated she saw the car moving. It also only happened the once, seems like its all be blown out of proportion and that its clearly someone wanting to get attention and cause some more trouble.

Reply Posted by Believer of Bob on Thursday October 3 2013 at 11:16
she makes a good sign really professional, makes me wonder what her sandwiches be like

Reply Posted by Little sprout on Thursday October 3 2013 at 11:27
I agree. The sign looks real and very funny. This woman should look to a career in design or advertising. She clearly has some talent.

Reply Posted by drama-queen on Thursday October 3 2013 at 11:18
Probably someone having a bit on the side, not fair on their partners and could have picked a better place but a one off incident blown all out of proportion.

Reply Posted by Brian on Thursday October 3 2013 at 17:05
My wife and I regularly attend wife swapping events and dogging in the general Cawthorne area, feel free to join in our frivolity, we week every Friday night at 6pm in the Spencers Arms car park.
See you soon ;)

Reply Posted by Swifty on Thursday October 3 2013 at 17:56
Let's hope these vile people have left the area. And people can live in peace and this lady can smoke out of her window and watch the real world go by.

Reply Posted by LOL on Thursday October 3 2013 at 18:06
GONE DOGGING.

Reply Posted by ss on Friday October 4 2013 at 07:00
seen the sign and honestly thought it was hilarious ! who I say matron lol !

Reply Posted by ron on Friday October 4 2013 at 07:58
dont sound like dogging to me ,just sounds like an over amorous couple to me ,think shes making bigger deal of it with the sign

Reply Posted by ron on Friday October 4 2013 at 07:58

Reply Posted by ron on Friday October 4 2013 at 07:58

Reply Posted by ron on Friday October 4 2013 at 07:58

Reply Posted by graham on Friday October 4 2013 at 09:16
Surely they aren't doing it where they can be seen,is she jealous,or is she just assuming that they where doing that sort of thing,i would have thought if she got that close,they would have asked her to join,and that's why she is upset coz they didn't??

Reply Posted by baz on Friday October 4 2013 at 13:03
see"s reyt putting it up but all these do gooders want to get a life ..

Reply Posted by PG on Friday October 4 2013 at 14:32
Hahhaaaa I'm weeing this made my day

Reply Posted by Jaybee69 on Sunday October 6 2013 at 22:12
Where's this dogging at ? I want in
Genuine male no pushy and outgoing always up for fun

Reply Posted by dogger on Sunday October 6 2013 at 22:37
Tell em they can use my back garden if the want I'll even put em a tent up

Reply Posted by Thicky on Monday October 7 2013 at 07:17
I don't understand why it's called dogging. Dogs don't do it in cars they do it in the street and it looks like too much trouble,which is why I don't have sex with dogs more than, say twice a month. Less in winter.

Reply Posted by Marie on Saturday October 12 2013 at 22:42
My sign was awesome. All you haters are just jealous because you didn't think of it first. I spoke to neighbours and they said it happened regularly but since I put up the first sign, no one has been down getting down, if you get my drift. I've had more positive feedback than negative so you can carry on with your criticisms. I never wanted attention from it. The purpose of my sign was to act as a deterrent and yes, it worked. I have some very happy neighbours. I have no problem with people dogging and spicing up their love lives but there's better places to do it. And BELIEVER OF BOB... I make amazing sandwiches.

Reply Posted by fordhulick on Saturday November 21 2015 at 10:15
Life is more energy outpatient counseling calm investors . Health , and life to counseling , we can help you in the way of recovery, and I hate us because of the wide range of offers.

Reply Posted by fordhulick on Thursday January 21 2016 at 02:46
After watching Peter Kay's Car Share this article made me howl with laughter.