Man Detained Under Mental Health Act After Railway Incident

Monday September 30 2013

A MAN has been detained under the mental health act after he was spotted sitting on train tracks.

British Transport Police received reports from a train driver about a man on the tracks at Doncaster Road bridge at Stairfoot on Wednesday evening.

A spokeswoman said: "The driver got off the train and spoke to the man. He then contacted police and the man was removed and detained under the mental health act."

She said trains on the Leeds-Barnsley-Sheffield line were stopped for a period, causing a 40-minute delay.

Reply Posted by Boo on Monday September 30 2013 at 10:36
Hope u r ok whoever u are people don't understand u must have lots on ur mind to do such a thing take care xx

Reply Posted by hi on Monday September 30 2013 at 14:47
God Bless this man and I hope he finds the help he needs

Reply Posted by john on Monday September 30 2013 at 22:48
before you all start with the grumpy and uncalled for comments have a second and think what the man must be going through.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Monday September 30 2013 at 23:14
Mental health issues can effect any one of us at any one time. You can see it comming and they can be no warning signs.

My heart goes to this person.

Reply Posted by Swifty on Monday September 30 2013 at 23:16
Sorry should say can not see comming.

Reply Posted by Alan on Tuesday October 1 2013 at 02:06
I hope he gets the help he is clearly crying out for... I've been in a similar state myself and it is only thanks to the help I received from the NHS that I am still here today.

Reply Posted by Peter H on Tuesday October 1 2013 at 08:36
There but for fortune, could be you or I

Reply Posted by Luce on Tuesday October 1 2013 at 19:14
A mental illness is very hard to cope with i suffer from one myself, so before all the unwanted disrespectful comments come let me say this. This twice before putting nasty comments and until you have been in the shoes of a mentally ill person or seen some one go through it you have absolutely no idea what so ever. I hope this msn gets the help and care he needs!

Reply Posted by Mystery on Wednesday October 2 2013 at 14:51
I pulled myself back from a couple of breakdowns. Its bloody hard work! Thoughts go out to anyone suffering. You never get better, you just adapt to living with it.

Reply Posted by Sedsattaist on Tuesday January 14 2014 at 19:37
Hello taste for find out my sites, correspondence it if there is not then I'm sorry.