Chronicle's Guest Editor Settles In

Monday September 23 2013

Toby Foster Toby Foster

READERS can expect more stories about people peeing in bus stops when the Barnsley Chronicle welcomes its guest editor this week.

Cheeky BBC Radio Sheffield breakfast show presenter Toby Foster, 44, is stepping into the boots of editor Andrew Harrod to take the helm of Yorkshire's best-selling weekly newspaper.

"I'm looking forward to it even though I'm not sure what we're going to do," he said. "I like stories that are funny, like the ones about people weeing in bus stops."

"I'm told I'll be something like the sixth editor since the Second World War - and they were all a hearty bunch of men."

Toby is right, he will be the sixth man to take charge following editors Ronald Yates (1945-1969), Anthony Galvin (1969-1985), Don Booker (1985-1994), Robert Cockroft (1994-2011) and Andrew Harrod (2011-present).

"I'm a big fan of the Chronicle and I've always read it and we talk about it a lot on the radio," Toby added. "We're going to be doing the show live from the Chronicle on the Friday, too."

Reply Posted by sid on Monday September 23 2013 at 14:12
This should be good. I really like Toby. Get ready for belly laughs. Ive got a good funny tale if he gets stuck.
Trouble is,its all about me! Well and a saddle, Barnsley disabled's horses, and a bloke called Mr. Trott. Yeeeha,can't wait to read Toby's tales.

Reply Posted by Mick on Monday September 23 2013 at 19:51
What's funny about peeing in bus stops?

Reply Posted by not LOL on Monday September 23 2013 at 20:31
sounds absolutely side splitting as does your no doubt hilarious tale sid

Reply Posted by sid on Monday September 23 2013 at 21:05
Hey not LOL, you're probly right. Haha. I'm still looking forward to Toby,s stint at the chron though.

Reply Posted by not LOL on Monday September 23 2013 at 21:15
fair play sid hope you enjoy it

Reply Posted by King Eric on Monday September 23 2013 at 22:48
Whoever told Toby Foster that he was a television presenter is an incompetent fool. (Monday nights regional programme)

Reply Posted by tobyfan on Monday September 23 2013 at 22:56
Hey king eric, Toby's a funny guy,but he,s also really knowledgeable. I,d rather have him being down to earth, and,yes, one of us than someone like flipping posh totty Christa ackroyd.
Toby,s one of the good guys.

Reply Posted by King Eric on Tuesday September 24 2013 at 10:47
Toby may well be a decent bloke and 'one of us' but he is certainly not cut out to be a television presenter. Let him stick to radio where he appears to be popular.

Never liked the Ackroyd woman and her departure from the BBC has been no great loss. Would certainly not describe her as 'posh totty'

Reply Posted by tobyfan on Tuesday September 24 2013 at 10:57
Hana,ye king Eric,in her own lunchtime eh. Give Toby a chance tho eh.