Man Given Conditional Discharge

Thursday August 29 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MAN who found six small cannabis seedlings during a 'walk in the country' has been given a 12-month conditional discharge.

Ryan Andrew Lovett, 23, of Albion Terrace, Barnsley, took the seedlings home to see if he could smoke them, Barnsley Magistrates' Court was told.

Jack Danaher, defending, said the seedlings had been thrown away because they were no good.

Julie Grant, prosecuting, said the seedlings were of 'minimal value'.

Lovett, who admitted possession of cannabis, was ordered to pay £85 in costs and a £15 victim surcharge.

Reply Posted by jan on Thursday August 29 2013 at 13:05
pathetic, ... no other word.

Reply Posted by Fawkes on Thursday August 29 2013 at 15:28
With the solicitors help . They come up with any bullshit excuse and the judge falls for it. These solicitors must make a fortune defending the druggies .

Reply Posted by sid on Thursday August 29 2013 at 15:35
Were the judge and solicitor happy and proud with thier day at work??? I bet Lovett was.
Tell me who would recognise these seeds whilst walking int the counrtyside????plonkers of the extreme, and they went to uni to learn thier trade.They should be ashamed of themselves.

Reply Posted by Dave on Saturday August 31 2013 at 15:19
I'm curious about the victim surcharge that the man had to pay. Who was the victim in the crime?

Reply Posted by Hilarious on Saturday August 31 2013 at 20:17
Unbelievable. I wouldnt know a cannabis seedling if it jumped up and hit me in the face. He must have had his nose to the ground lol

Reply Posted by Ash on Sunday March 27 2016 at 03:13
Fawkes, you enjoy a beer or a coffe? Then ur also a druggie. Just because a bunch of corrupt politicians and public figures say something is legal doesant make it any better or worse... The truth is cannabis opens ur mind and helps you question situations, you think government want that? No is the answer they would much rather you go out to work all week like a dog then go blow all ur money in the local boozer chatting rubbish to your mates if you have any with ur attitude to life. It's a plant my son it grows naturally in various parts of the world... Seen any vodka trees lately? Didn't think so. Wake up guys

Reply Posted by Ryan on Sunday March 27 2016 at 03:33
This is funny... For the record, yes It was a good result considering thanks. Can I just say in reply to Dave, the system is not about justice anymore pal, I had raised this concern myself. It's an administrative process that's all about money and free labour.