EE Problems Experienced By Its Customers

Wednesday August 21 2013

EE customers experience signal problems EE customers experience signal problems

MOBILE phone customers claim they're being left without a signal.

In one case in Pogmoor, a child had to be taken to hospital when she she struggled to breath because of a chest infection, as medics couldn't get back in touch with her parents after they had called the non-emergency 111 service.

Erin Richardson's parents, Jamie Richardson and Emma Davey, of Dodworth Road, were waiting for a return phone call.

But the signal problems meant they didn't get the call until 20 minutes later.

Jamie, 34, said: "We didn't know we had these phone problems until we got bombarded with text messages from people saying they had tried to get hold of us.

"The phone is showing it has full signal but when someone tries to call you, it goes straight to voicemail. When we try to make a call it won't connect."

Erin, 18-months-old, was kept in hospital overnight so her oxygen levels could be monitored.

Emma, 30, and Jamie have contacted T-Mobile and Orange, which are owned by EE, and were given a signal box, designed to help their phones connect to the network, but it has not resolved the problem.

Another customer, Paul Gallagher, has a business contract with EE and is having the same problem.

He runs an IT consultancy from his home on Crowden Walk and relies on his phone to make business calls.

Paul, 39, said took out the 24-month contract in January and pays £46 per month but has been having problems since the beginning of June.

"I don't know how much business I've lost because people can't get through.

"EE have not been able to fix this problem in two months and I was told it would cost me £700 to end my contract, but I'm currently paying for a service I don't receive.

"It's hard enough with the way the economy is without being messed about like this."

He was also given a signal box, but said this did not help.

Paul said he was told by EE that when the company was formed through the merger of T-Mobile and Orange, some phone masts which were particularly close together were switched off.

But he said they later changed their story and said the problem was due to a faulty mast.

Do you struggle with signal problems? Tell us where you're from and how badly you're affected by commenting below.

Reply Posted by Don McCarron on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:42
When Orange and T-Mobile merged to form EE they began a programme of closing down substations (masts)that has left their customers with the worst service in the UK. I've held them in breach of contract and told them to terminate it. I'm going with O2. Don't be put off by their waffle, they're well aware that the service is appalling. Just look at the comments on the EE Facebook page.

Reply Posted by Ken Wilby on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:43
I think the problem is a national with EE. Because I have problems when. On the east coast as well as at home. The report if masts being turned off due to proximity of others sounds feasible.

Reply Posted by Muso on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:46
I am on EE in Wombwell and quite a few people have tried to ring me and not got through even though my phone was next to me and showing a full signal.

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:47
i live off doncaster rd the signal is a nightmare paying for a service i dont get i thought if they broke contract terms u could cancel ie no service !!!

Reply Posted by Georgina Beeley on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:49
I live in darfield the signal varies it all depends where I am in the house. My boyfriend lives in stairfoot and signal is very bad for ee... same with the town centre I can never get signal.. i i took my first contract out may 2012 with tmobile and it worked perfect since i have renewed my 2 year contract out in may 2013 with ee and never known a network as bad x

Reply Posted by Lisa on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 13:51
Both me and my husband are on tmobile and never had a problem - until it turned to EE . Since then the service is shocking , can never get through n when we complained they just tried to get us to sell them our original contract and take out a new one so we got the 4g . Thanks but no thanks! Another 12 months left of our contract and after 7 yrs with tmobile I'll be running for the hills!

Reply Posted by Diane on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:10
I am constantly having issues with this poor service. I can't send any messages from friends on GifGaf at all. My signal is poor and I always get cut off mid phone call. I am paying £40 a month for a service I can't use! I am planning on calling them up and voicing my opinions. What is the point paying for this if I can't even use it?

Reply Posted by Sarah on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:16
I'm with Virgin mobile who piggy back off T-mobile and orange. I thought my phone was playing up when my calls drop from time to time and last night my fiance tried to ring me whilst i was at home (near Park Road in town) I didn't know he tried to contact me until he posted on my facebook wall! ah well, i work for virgin so i get discount so can't complain too much.

Reply Posted by liz on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:31
snap it has been ridiculous I have many problems with ee at the minute

Reply Posted by Martin underwood on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:38
I've been having problems for months now. I'm a long distance trucker and spend the whole week away and this is my only way to contact family. I get I cannot connect, no service even though I'm shoeing full signal. I contacted EE who told me to turn aeroplane mode on and off a a soft rest. Did it work no . Disgusted but still have cheek to take your money

Reply Posted by shaun on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:40
if i go to skipsea (bridlingtin) for a few days nobody can contact me,..im with tesco which is 02,i have to forewarn everyone b4 i g0

Reply Posted by nathan on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 14:47
its fine for me

Reply Posted by Kaz on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 16:37
I live off Doncaster Road in town and on EE and my signal is appalling. I struggle to make and receive calls at home. People who I speak to say they cannot hear me and the line cuts out. Another 12 months left of my contract and I am switching.

Reply Posted by Jeremy Dixon on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 18:24
I live in Darton and the signal is just awful. Luckily I have had no emergencies like other people but rang them and they said faulty mast, this was 4 month ago. They stopped my bill for 3 month which was appreciated but I am now getting charged again and I have seen no improvement in the service so I will be getting back in touch with them.

Reply Posted by sharon dudley on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 19:49
I live on racecommon rd and for the last 5 weeks my signal strength varies between 3 bars and full signal nobody can call me if they can get hold of me it cuts off mid call and has full signal strength and I pay 102.00 per month for 3 phones

Reply Posted by me on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 20:36
02 is no better never get a signal

Reply Posted by Neil Marsden on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 21:48
I live in Cudworth and my signal is very bad, that is if I can get a signal. most time it is showing no signal

Reply Posted by We are on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 22:02
I live in cudworth and signel in brill never had a problem

Reply Posted by We are on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 22:03
02 are the worst for signel

Reply Posted by ian on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 22:18
Just been on the phone to EE. Advisor said there seem to be no problems in the area at the moment. But to tell people who have had problems to phone customer service and let them know. Then something will get done. If there is no problem how can they do something? I have had problems with signal for over a month now. Especially near pogmoor, but other parts of town too.

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Thursday August 22 2013 at 20:56
I would have thought that if a child has breathing difficulty you would insinctively phone 999 which will ring whatever phone you use .with or without credit.
With or without signal.

Reply Posted by LV on Saturday August 24 2013 at 16:08
I'm on EE and my signal's fine - when my sister lived in wombwell I did struggle to get signal there and would have to go outside or into the bathroom, this issue was down to the building though. There are isolated occurrences where I'm unable to get signal - this tends to be when I'm in the Alhambra or Asda generally.

Reply Posted by LA on Saturday August 24 2013 at 16:27
Im in redbrook signal is pants ! When i go to wilthorpe/gawber i can never get any signal at all.ever since it switched to EE its got worse.

Reply Posted by jamie on Saturday August 24 2013 at 21:00
I'm on 3, I have problems now and again, nothing serious, but have problems with internet connection alot

Reply Posted by Gaynor on Sunday August 25 2013 at 12:58
I live in Darton. The signal is poor and is better at the back of my house than the front. I'm glad you've all brought this to my attention. I thought it was my phone. I drop lots of calls, which is frustrating when its an important one. Looks like I'll have to complain to EE. They'll happily take your money and not deliver the good service.

Reply Posted by Lisa on Monday August 26 2013 at 19:12
I'm in Hoyland and have reset my phone many times as I thought it was my flipping phone playing up !

Reply Posted by joanne baker on Monday August 26 2013 at 19:12
signal is rubbish, i liVe in low valley n can never get a signal, i cant txt or receive them, make ir receive phone calls n dignal always cuts off when i try n accessing internet through them is also crap

Reply Posted by James Kowacz on Monday August 26 2013 at 19:51
I was with O2 for a long time and switched to Orange just last month. I am disgusted with the signal I receive and very rarely get a 3G service anywhere indoors, even in town and city centres. Unfortunately I have signed up for a 24 month contract but I will leaving them as soon as I can.

Reply Posted by Educated individual. on Monday August 26 2013 at 20:33
Really WAB? Not really relevant. It's like this one time I went to the bank and I forgot my card and I phoned my dad who also was on EE and he tried to call back couldn't. So I had to drive home get my card it's all EEs fault. Not really relevant is it. Just like the story line you lot stir up. I agree with the comment above. Emergencies ring 999 and if they are a responsible family. Heard of a landline?
Rant over.

Reply Posted by Made in Yorkshire on Thursday November 28 2013 at 23:25
Dreadful signal problems in Grimethorpe for the past few days on EE and Three - they both use the same mast near Cemetery Road in the village. Must be a mast fault somewhere, or a strange coincidence that both operators are having problems.

Reply Posted by lostforwords on Thursday November 28 2013 at 23:28
Anyone being nicking the wiring..