Teenager Bought Drug In Bulk 'Because It Was Cheaper'

Wednesday August 14 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

A TEENAGER with a box of MCAT under his bed estimated to be worth between £690 and £1,035 said he bought the drug in bulk 'because it was cheaper'.

Police searched the 17-year-old's Birdwell home after he was stopped because he had white powder around his nose and three bags of the drug on him, Barnsley Youth Court was told.

John Kavanagh, prosecuting, said: "The boy bought the drug in bulk because it was cheaper."

Philip Howard, defending, said the MCAT found in the boy's bedroom was not pure. He urged the court to treat the police's estimated street value with care.

He said the boy had taken the drug on and off for two years and gave £90 to a friend who knew someone who could get it in bulk.

The teenager, who admitted possession of drugs, had his case adjourned until August 23 for a pre-sentence report and was granted unconditional bail.

Reply Posted by Caroline on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 11:09
'Teenager' says it all!!! Should be prosecuted as an adult if he can make adult choices!!

Reply Posted by just me on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 11:31
How stupid can some folk be messing with their bodys for the sake of a high !!! Youth really is wasted on the young ( as they say )

Reply Posted by jay on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 11:33
bloody smackhead

Reply Posted by lolz on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 15:36
not really a smackhead if he isn't taking smack!

Reply Posted by candy floss on Thursday August 15 2013 at 03:25
theres a differents between a smack rat and some 1 taking m-cat same as people who smoke marawana well said lolz.xpeople need toget more educated to know this stuff if not they need to zip it.

Reply Posted by Dan on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 11:49
In his defense, his logic is sound...

Reply Posted by Barnsley lass on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 11:58
Yes should be punished as an adult too many young & old taking Mkat, ketamine & other drugs mixed with all sorts for a quick fix as its cheaper than alcohol we need to get tougher like other countries tougher sentences & then see if they do it! Stupidity & not just youngsters either!!!

Reply Posted by anon on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 12:27
If it was for personal use, although I don't condone it, end of day it was his choice. If he was selling it however that's when the laws are broken and he should be dealt with harsher.

Reply Posted by swampy on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 16:30
Yet another MSCRAT (er) perhaps its time that the bobbies visited the MSCRAT kingpin from up Barugh Green

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 17:49
Cant fault someone for being thrifty.
BUT if you believe one shred of this story
you must have white powder round your nose.
The only thing i can smell up my nostrils is. BULLSHIT

Reply Posted by owd fred on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 17:54
I see thas fell over int field ageean Mae that werent a beret thee face hit

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 23:26
Owd fred.
If you have no comments to make about incidents that happen in and around barnsley. and just want to chat.
I suggest you you go on facebook or some chat line where you will not find me.
you can google my a k a for some serious
education about worldly matters but you will only be able to learn from past events because the great mae brussel has been diceased for a number of years

Reply Posted by candy floss on Thursday August 15 2013 at 03:38
its rife were ever ya go and it seems to me the young generation don't give a brass farthing.police need to get there acts together as theres too many young lifes playing Russian roulette.athersley barugh green and darton are nown for dealing the shit by dealers and it needs to stop end off.i believe in karma.x

Reply Posted by pru on Thursday August 15 2013 at 08:47
Lol,personal use who's he kidding with that.an why have 3 bags on him why not 1.some ppl a just idiots.

Reply Posted by topcat on Thursday August 15 2013 at 08:54
Some ppl should go back to school lol,differents is difference and marawana lol is marajiuana lol

Reply Posted by nic on Thursday August 15 2013 at 10:18
every one has different opinions. I personally think the teenager had a bulk and intended to supply. how do kids of a young age get enough money to buy drugs? when I was young I got 50p a day for some sweets from shop, not £20 a day for MCAT. disgusting

Reply Posted by chris on Thursday August 15 2013 at 10:33
This debate is so entertaining. I visit WAB daily to see the terrible spelling and grammar. Has anybody mentioned potholes yet?

Reply Posted by lol on Thursday August 15 2013 at 10:47
SALE OF THE CENTRY

Reply Posted by lol on Thursday August 15 2013 at 10:49
should join bargain busters.

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Thursday August 15 2013 at 15:30
Topcat.
I think you only come on here like a lot of people to pull peoples spelling etc.
But really you should be going back to skool .
Take the piss out of other people when you learn how to spell yourself.
Marajuana is not the correct way to spell
MARIJUANA. if you cant write in a foreign
language just call it mary jane.
Its english version.
And stop taking the piss out of others

Reply Posted by Topcat on Friday August 16 2013 at 18:42
INSPECTOR DIBBLE SHUT THE FOOK UP THA ALL MAE BRUSSEL [SPROUTING OFF]

Reply Posted by bill on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 23:34
Mae,s a know nowt.

Reply Posted by lol on Monday August 19 2013 at 08:24
thats how marks and spencer started

Reply Posted by me on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 09:28
lets face it ppl ,, the more we suffer from the hands of greedy ppl askin for bedroom tax rent paid by low income ppl an c/t ....... these things r only gunna get worse:( , my garden got robbed last weekend, I know it was only kids as only my lads scooter was taken :( . bt as there parents r struggling to pay for things like bills ,FOOD , kids r like ooooo I want an im gunna get it , so yes crime is going to go up up an up , its a shame I know but its what we have got to face,,,, an before ppl start takin pee pee out of my spellin , I don't care I get on with life ok , I do well for my kids an they do

Reply Posted by ME on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 09:29
oppps wrong button ,,,, my kids know how to spell :)

Reply Posted by for god sake on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 09:36
See how these comments went from talking about the lad with the Mcat to quite literally slagging each other off.Can't beat Barnsley folk for having a quick dig(no pun intended) at each other.Where do these teenagers get money like that from to buy in bulk??

Reply Posted by Sharon on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 09:53
Where do they get the money? You may be surprised to hear that some drug users actually work to pay for their habit. Paper rounds, baby sitting jobs and then of course there's the Bank of Mum and Dad. Have you any idea the average weekly pocket money kids get now? It's not ten bob. I mean look at what teen stuff costs from games to magazines etc. The kids using just forgo other stuff you'd expect a teen to buy (like the latest whatever) or they steal........

Reply Posted by wut? on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 20:37
business logic at it's best. Where's the young enterprise awards when you need 'em?

Reply Posted by mae brussel on Tuesday August 20 2013 at 23:30
Top cat have i upset you there were a lot of large letters there. and even then you cant spell the simple metaphors. make fun of my name all day long .
At least i can smell pussy? Sorry spell.

Reply Posted by mse brussel on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 00:22
Know nowts dunt get a levels in english maths and geography

Reply Posted by les on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 00:23
You tell em mae psychos

Reply Posted by loni x on Wednesday August 21 2013 at 11:38
dirty little mkat rats! some people need to have a look what there doing with thereselfs. Cos in end it only ruins ya life not to mention mkat is most worst, dirtiest and most mixed with stuff drug ya can in barnsley. People should really have a think about what there putting up there noses these days.

Reply Posted by Nikki on Friday August 23 2013 at 07:41
This drug is an epidemic in barnsley!! My son is addicted to the stuff and believe me it's not only destroying his mind,body and soul it's also destroying our family! This drug does not show up in any drug test as they haven't even bothered to develop a test for it so how the hell can the drug services,police etc deal with the problem when it's not even detectable? I love my son with all my heart and would give my life if it ment saving his but that doesn't mean I have to like him or his behaviour! Please remember when your all calling them from a pug to a dog that these are still people and are someone's son/daughter. My son was never dragged up he was fetched up knowing right from wrong and just had events happen in his life that he couldn't cope with at a young age and turned to drugs as an escape,and before you all jump alover me saying it was his choice etc,yes your right it is/was and I'm not excusing his behaviour at all. This is a reason for his addiction NOT an excuse and I hope to god all you in your glass house never have the displeasure of any of your family members being affected by drug addiction as you never know whats around the corner. Drug addiction is classless just remember that