Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Man Treated For Smoke Inhalation After Rescuing Dogs From Blaze

Monday December 5 2011


Fire Engine - Wayne Gilmore Fire Engine - Wayne Gilmore


A MAN was saved from a house blaze in Hoyland after a smoke alarm alerted him to the fire.

The fire - at a property on Longfields Crescent - was caused by a cigarette which had been left smouldering on a settee at about 1.30am this morning (December 5).

The man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation, after he’d gone back inside to rescue his two dogs.

A spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "The fire didn’t spread beyond the sofa and firefighters from Tankersley and Barnsley arrived to put out the blaze and ventilate the property.

"Residents are reminded to make sure cigarettes are properly extinguished and ashes are discarded carefully."

 

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus