Teenager Describes Horrific Moments

Monday August 12 2013

Horror as man dies after fall Horror as man dies after fall

A TEENAGER has described the horrific moments after a man fell from the roof of the Alhambra car park and later died.

An inquest was opened and adjourned on Thursday on Craig Spencer, 30, of Cumberland Drive, Ardsley.

An 18-year-old girl from Elsecar was in a car with her family when she passed the scene on Wesley Street at about 2.40pm on Monday.

She said: "We didn't see it happen, but arrived just after.

"The man was in the middle of the road and was bleeding quite a lot from his head.

"There was an older couple who were quite a distance away but I think they'd had to slam the brakes on.

"The man was on the phone and the woman was sitting on the bonnet, she was really shook up and was crying."

She pulled over to help, as she has first aid training, but found people were already tending to the man.

"There were quite a lot of people there and a lot of people on their phone, there must have been lots of calls to the police."

She added: "It wasn't pleasant to see and that picture is stuck in my mind, but I was just thinking you've got to do what you've got to do."

A police spokesman confirmed the man had died from his injuries but said they were not treating his death as suspicious.

Reply Posted by Wendy on Monday August 12 2013 at 11:18
WAB do read this story again and again ; then see if you think that the accompanying advertisement for the Solicitors is appropriate - INSENSITIVE is what i would call it !!!!!

Reply Posted by Anon on Monday August 12 2013 at 11:36
I don't think they control which ad is there?

For eg. mine has is fish and chips....

Reply Posted by Anon on Monday August 12 2013 at 11:58
Bit stupid saying that. Pretty sure WAB don't have a say on which advert is where. Sad story. RIP.

Reply Posted by wendy on Monday August 12 2013 at 11:20
RIP for the poor man x

Reply Posted by Andy on Monday August 12 2013 at 15:04
Another victim of the inefficient Mental Health Services in Barnsley. RIP Fella. Where was the support he so obviously needed?

Reply Posted by Moe. on Monday August 12 2013 at 19:12
I haven't that advert on mine , seems we all must have different ones

Reply Posted by Moe. on Monday August 12 2013 at 19:13
Should have put condolences to the poor family.

Reply Posted by Wendy on Tuesday August 13 2013 at 13:23
WAB have no control over which ads appear alongside which story apparently ; my original stance remains so .perhaps they should have ? My deepest sympathies to the poor man, his family and friends and anyone who saw the dreadful incident and afterwards.

Reply Posted by Dave on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 08:17
Sod the bloody adverts!!!

RIP Spenner, one of my freinds looked on Craig as a soulmate, There's more to this story though but it's not for me to tell.

Reply Posted by toka on Friday August 16 2013 at 11:07
to be fair dave he would have found the whole advert thing amusingly ironic.

Reply Posted by kate on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 08:26
rip my thoughts are with his friends, family and the people he knew, so upsetting,

Reply Posted by Stephen on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 08:54
Condolences to this man's family what a tragic accident, so very sorry for him as well R.I. P Craig safe in God's care

Reply Posted by jane on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 10:03
R.i.p craig I didn't know you but sending my condolences to your family and friends still so young taken too soon, hope your at peace now lots of love from my family to yours x

Reply Posted by Dave on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 10:57
Poor guy must have been really troubled for this to have happened. RIP mate and condolences to his family

Reply Posted by sez on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 14:22
it has been this mans funeral today , RIP Craig to his family and friends sorry for your loss I knew of craig as his post lady was a shock to me when I heard ....x

Reply Posted by Anon on Wednesday August 14 2013 at 14:49
Craig was a former work colleague of mine until I was moved to another area of the business. I only saw him on the bus a about 3 weeks ago. RIP Craig x

Reply Posted by Kerry on Thursday August 15 2013 at 23:17
Rip such a shame. just put a face to the name I remember. Lovely man may u rest in peace