Man Sent To Crown Court On Cannabis Charges

Tuesday August 6 2013

Sheffield Crown Court Sheffield Crown Court

A MAN who has denied having 18 small bags of cannabis with a street value of £264 with intent to supply has been sent to Sheffield Crown Court.

Philip Alan Hooley, 25, of Wakefield Road, New Lodge, will make his first appearance on August 7.

He was granted unconditional bail at Barnsley Magistrates' Court.

Reply Posted by Paul on Tuesday August 6 2013 at 17:46
£264 ...what a joke of a society ... Every case that goes to crown court , costs over £10,000 per hr ,,, and for what killer cannabis ,,, Tax cuts ..joke

Reply Posted by Brian on Tuesday August 6 2013 at 17:50
I agree paul but all big time criminals start somewhere, its better to nip it in the bud. drugs are bad on any level mate.

Reply Posted by Old Dirty Kipper on Wednesday August 7 2013 at 13:25
Whilst you're right mate - this is all because of the fact the drug itself is illegal. You don't see the actual users causing a ruckus, just the dealers.

I mean, it's safe to say a drunk person is worse to deal with than a stoned person. As far as I'm concerned that's just fact - but you don't see patrons meeting people on the backs of houses for a bottle of gin.

It's also part of the economic climate etc, etc. Regulate and control, as far as I'm concerned, let the people have their weed because it'll certainly see prisons not being over crowded anymore, a new tax revenue for the Government to squabble over, and I won't have to keep reading essentially the same news story of someone going to prison for having essentially a bag of plant matter on them.

I swear everythings on its head.

Reply Posted by Me on Tuesday August 6 2013 at 19:59
Nip it in the bud !! haha

Reply Posted by mustapha phag on Tuesday August 6 2013 at 20:46
Although i dont agree with drugs.
I will be interested to see what he gets compared to the previous story of the woman who screwed everybody out of a quarter of a million pound and other multitudes of sins and got 4 years

Reply Posted by Brian on Wednesday August 7 2013 at 14:42
ahhh its you...go away

Reply Posted by jammy dodger on Friday August 9 2013 at 16:54
yes he owes me 10 bags.

Reply Posted by dec on Friday August 9 2013 at 18:16
yes i know the family well,there all jail birds.

Reply Posted by P on Sunday August 11 2013 at 15:10
Bet they can get an appointment at roundhouse doctors pretty quick. Prob don't work.