Woman Who Struck Police Officer Is Sentenced

Thursday July 25 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A WOMAN who struck a police officer has been ordered to do 80 hours of unpaid work.

Katie Harris, 25, had been pointing and gesticulating after her boyfriend had been fighting with another man, Barnsley Magistrates' Court was told.

Harris struck PC Sarah Chesters on the face once, said Julie Grant, prosecuting. She said the incident happened at 4am on Wellington Street.

Sean Fritchley, defending, said Harris, of Sackup Lane, Darton, did not deliberately strike the officer.

"She caught PC Chesters in the face," he said.

Harris admitted assaulting a police officer, being drunk and disorderly and possessing a small amount of MCAT.

She was fined £50, ordered to pay £50 in compensation, costs of £100, a £60 victim surcharge and to spend five sessions at a project for women.

Reply Posted by flapper on Thursday July 25 2013 at 15:37
hope the 80 hours of unpaid work involves trying to shift a few of the drunks and druggies from around town. See how she likes it if one of her own sort belts her in the chops!!! Jezzerbait

Reply Posted by Barnsley lass on Thursday July 25 2013 at 15:45
Yes too much of this behaviour whilst on drugs & alcohol no respect for anyone not even police would have got a lot more in my day to stop this behaviour & got a trouncing off parents too, legal system protects the perpetrators more than the victims of crimes so this is why the country is in the state it is!!!

Reply Posted by Wedge on Thursday July 25 2013 at 16:14
she did right I hate police

Reply Posted by Aidan on Thursday July 25 2013 at 21:46
Si, not everyone that does something bad automatically is on benefits, and vice versa, a fair lot of people would rather deal with their problems themselves without interruption from the police. the police are a bunch of cunts with a badge, i say good on the lass, people need to start doing this more often

Reply Posted by rozzer on Friday July 26 2013 at 05:09
when do you get your badge Aiden

Reply Posted by sickofit on Sunday July 28 2013 at 01:14
and as the above comment prove this is the sort of people the police are faced with UNBELIEVABLE AIDEN YOU LACK RESPECT AS WELL AS INTELLIGENCE< WELL DONE PAL!!!! yet another drain on society

Reply Posted by flapper on Sunday July 28 2013 at 19:06
Well said sickofit....add the child Wedge while your at it. Idiots.

Reply Posted by Aidan on Friday August 2 2013 at 15:20
Drain on society am i? yet i work and pay taxes like everyone else, as well as studying part time, why do i lack respect? how can anyone respect the police? honestly? how? after all the scandals, and the abuses of power and the brutality along with the cover-ups, lies and the constant bullying the public. how can you respect that? am i not entitled to my opinion? or did you just assume i was on benefits? if you have nothing better to do other than point the finger then please **** off :)

Reply Posted by i hate police too on Saturday August 3 2013 at 22:33
Well said Aidan, I too hate the police for the reasons you say. I was out and a police woman pushed me in to a wall for asking a question as ro why she had handcuffed my daughter because she was upset! I got my phone out and began filming afraid they would hurt my child a male officer told me it was illegal, I know the law I told him and he dragged me to floor and took my phone then me. And my two daughters were attacked arrested and what i can only describe as mentally raped by the force and now we are all in. court on charges of beating them and the lies the are telling are beyond believe. We were struggling in pain on the floor not attacking them. And for all u people who need to wake up to the police state we live in wary YouTube because what me and my daughters went through was minor compared to others....a man in a wheelchair throw out and his ribs broken??? Wtf. Wake up and shut up insulting people until you do your research please.

Reply Posted by beep beep on Saturday August 3 2013 at 22:56
@ Aiden and the other cretin.

Without hard working decent citizens putting themselves out there, scum like you would have this country and the world on its knees. You are not a decent and moral person or you could see that your attitude, language and so on are not acceptable. Violence is not the answer and the police deal with scrubbers like you everyday without complaint. You do not know the meaning of society, just because you have a job does not give you the right to call a policewoman that kind of name nor does it entitle you to talk tripe. people like you are wrong in the head. Or criminals with guilty consciences or badly brought up or all three.

Reply Posted by i hate the police too on Monday August 5 2013 at 01:02
Beep beep, a cretin I am not nor a thugs, wrong in the head and not a guilty and was brought up to have respect for all people which I had for the police too before this and only since have I researched this is normal behavior for the police today. I am a law abiding citizen and just because I dare to speak the truth does not make it tripe and my attitude only comes from the way I am my two daughters were treated by those thugs, bullies and liars. I hope it never happens to your children.