Police Issue CCTV Images After Theft

Thursday July 18 2013

POLICE in Barnsley have issued a CCTV appeal following a theft in the town centre.

On Saturday June 1, a black BMX bike was stolen from outside Barnsley bus station while the owner of the bike was distracted.

The bike, a Diamondback Demon, has a green front wheel with beige tyre walls and a 39-tooth Eastern sprocket.

Police would like to identify and speak to the two men in the CCTV images as they may have information to assist with the investigation.

Anyone who believes they may know the identity of the men or who may have witnessed the incident is asked to contact the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 288 of 01/06/2013.

Reply Posted by mark on Thursday July 18 2013 at 11:00
Low lifes. Take sugar out of ya tea round here. If its not bolted down it will be taken.

Reply Posted by Sherlock on Thursday July 18 2013 at 12:23
Well the bozo in the pink hair with the fag and kebab shouldn't be too hard to find -

Reply Posted by c on Friday July 19 2013 at 09:04
They're pink bunny ears on a head band lol

Reply Posted by Steve on Friday July 19 2013 at 07:42
I went into town last weekend for the first time in years, what a dump, it's full of foreigners, alcoholics and smack heads, I won't be going again for another few years.

Reply Posted by SteveRex on Tuesday July 23 2013 at 13:59
I agree with this, I volunteer at the BHF on Peel Street, Last night the place was broken into, for the 2nd time in around 2-3 months, I moved from Newcastle to Barnsley, and I thought my old area was bad.
Here is absolutely full of pissheads and bagheads. Barnsley needs a REAL good clean up.
And the amount of foreigners is just unreal, I have never seen so many people that are not British in my life, remember the thing in the news about the back-log of illegal immigrants? they're all in Barnsley.

Reply Posted by sally on Friday July 19 2013 at 09:32
my son went out weekend got smacked from behind and his phone stolen in one night its getting worse

Reply Posted by simone on Friday July 19 2013 at 16:51
i refuse to take my kids in to town now, the atmosphere is horrible

Reply Posted by Dawn hayhoe on Saturday July 20 2013 at 17:06
The police let the drug dealers hang outside the bus station why dont they move them on. !

Reply Posted by SteveRex on Tuesday July 23 2013 at 13:56
Thats because the police these days or complete retards, they don't stop actual criminals or people doign anything wrong. They wonder around like penguins and deal with things that are completely irrelevant to their job.
The whole force needs a good shake-up.

Reply Posted by donna on Sunday July 21 2013 at 07:52
that woman who stands near boots does m headin ,,,,,,,,,, big issues big issues ,,,,,,,, u say no thankx or even buy one, an shes got gob full of gold teeth ,,,,, an no sorryidont know them / x

Reply Posted by No Issue on Monday July 22 2013 at 09:09
Come on, have some respect. She's trying her best, if you don't like it then walk around another way. So what if she's got gold teeth!

Reply Posted by Debbie on Tuesday July 23 2013 at 22:14
I have to go in to Barnsley quite often through work, I've lived on the outskirts all my life, I agree the town needs to clean up, its frightening walking through town, be it on my own or in a group, there are a hell of a lot of foreigners, the numbers seem to have gone through the roof these last few years, they always stand in groups and are quite intimidating. Not to mention the number of people that are quite clearly off their heads on either drugs or alcohol. Surely its time something was done. Were constantly hearing about, car thefts, shop break ins, violence and other crimes. When are people going to feel safe again?

Reply Posted by dimmy on Monday August 5 2013 at 07:38
got £25 from cash converters so i could score.