Police Release More Information On Man Who Attacked Soldier

Wednesday July 10 2013

Police release further information after attack Police release further information after attack

THE police has confirmed that the man who allegedly attacked a Barnsley soldier is a white male.

They also said the attack is not believed to be racially or religiously motivated, after much speculation.

At 12.05am on June 30, police received reports that a 25-year-old man had been assaulted on Mottram Street in Barnsley.

Officers understand that the 25-year-old is a serving member of the armed forces, however the assault is believed to be unrelated to his occupation.

A local man was arrested on suspicion of assault. He has been released while enquiries continue.

Reply Posted by kiri anne sykes on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 10:31
What a world we live in today!

Reply Posted by Jasmine on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 10:36
It's an absolute disgrace this country if police gave out stricter punishments instead ov just giving them warnings maybe people wouldn't be as bad. Don't just give them slap on wrist send them down!!!

Reply Posted by Carl on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 11:29
Easy people, we can all relax, it wasn't one of those nasty muslims....who are we going to blame now? Or are we going to have to admit that a white folks are capable of carrying out assaults too and the asian community aren't the casuse of all our problems? This sort of thing happens a lot around here, I hear stories often of people I know being jumped while they're out in town or in the surrounding areas, it's troubling, what also troubles me is this story....why was there so much speculation as to whether it was racially motivated? A guy walking home in the early hours of the morning gets assaulted, why would we automatically assume that it is? Is it because the guy assaulted was a soldier perhaps? As soon as this is known is the race/religious angle investigated more than if he wasn't a soldier? I live and work in the town centre and I have to say, there ain't that many people of a different race here, so surely it would be odds on that the person doing the assault would actually be white, and I'm speculating here I know, probably a proud white English man - there are thing's wrong in this town, there's a massive drug problem and huge anti-social behavior problem but we seem to be focusing on the wrong thing, it's about time we showed a bit of pride in this country, not by waving or hanging a Union Flag from our windows, but by being decent people who show each other a bit of respect, and to the people who would say to me that I'm a 'paki' lover, or any other insult designed to provoke, allow me to clarify, I do love 'paki's....and white folks....and you too....I'm just not IN love with ya! :P Haha, sorry for rantin', I'm just that way out today I guess, peace yawl! :D

Reply Posted by craig on Thursday July 11 2013 at 15:38
carl mate, shut up you knob! it wasnt more than 2 month ago that a british soldier got his head cut off, what do you want joe public to think. muslims are the cause of much distain on the streets and in the world. we are aware that every culture has its bad and good we dont need it pointing out by a sympathiser.

Reply Posted by Carl on Thursday July 11 2013 at 23:47
Craig, I expect, and know, that most of the British public I have come into contact with, are intelligent, non-reactionary people who don't jump to conclusions based on isolated incidents....one of the reasons that the Woolwich incident got so much coverage was, apart from being horrific in nature, was something that doesn't happen often and when it does, is enough to shock the nation, which I think I can safely say it did....If this was an everyday occurrence then it wouldn't make the headlines as it wouldn't be newsworthy, would it? This kind of behavior IS NOT the norm, although there are groups in this country who would have you believe that it is. I do have sympathy Craig, the soldier who was assaulted has my sympathy, as does the soldier who was murdered the other month, terrible thing to happen, I believe they caught the people who carried out the murder didn't they? As for me being a knob, you're probably right buddy....

Reply Posted by craig on Tuesday July 16 2013 at 18:29
its not really an isolated incident though is it, and the attaker said it wouldnt be himself. theres pedo gangs and bomb plots happening all the time dont be so naieve.
its right not all muslims are terrorist but every terrorist seems to be a muslim how would you have me digest that?
we are being flanked by the muslim population, im not a
racist of whites only because i have friends from all cultural backgrounds. but i can see whats going on we are slowly being taken over. we could go on all day about muslims views and how they dont include westerners. its weak leftys like you carl (no offence) that will destory this country. i agree carl for prime minister because also thats what there doing.

Reply Posted by Carl on Wednesday July 17 2013 at 11:57
Why isn't it an isolated incident? Because the attacker said so himself? We're getting off my original point, which was about an assault in an predominately white area which has an existing anti-social behaviour problem, mainly by white people, automatically being pinned onto the Muslim community or an ethnic minority group. Ignoring the problems we have by blaming a minority has happened here for a long time.....we never look at ourselves do we? The thing is with terrorism is that it's not a group of people, it's an idea, one which can spring out of nowhere and thinking it can be stamped out completely, that's the naivety Craig, and while we're concentrating on channeling hatred towards a whole community for the misdeeds of a few, we're missing the real dangers. Your point regarding all terrorists being Muslim - Derrick Bird, who carried out the Cumbria shootings in 2010, wasn't Muslim, but you can guarantee that he would have been branded a terrorist if he had been Asian or Muslim, and of course we're forgetting about all the troubles in Northern Ireland, I don't....think...either side in that one was Muslim....a white man has just been sent down for 25 years for drug distribution, and that WAS in Barnsley, he's not a Muslim...The Dunblane massacre was carried out by a white non Muslim man. Now my views regarding immigration are not known to you, I haven't said either way, you are assuming, and there's a lot of assumption in your argument. The statement regarding pedo gangs etc can be aimed at the white community too, Peter Tobin isn't Muslim, Sydney Cooke isn't Muslim, neither was Jimmy Saville, the only proven fact is that some PEOPLE do bad things. Weak lefty? You have no idea what my views are, but again, you assume...It's not my job to change your views Craig, so I'm not debating whether all terrorists are Muslims any more as that wasn't the point of my post, which you seem to have missed and has been hijacked by you and your agenda....which in itself is odd....because going by your logic, if you're white, you can't be a hijacker, they're all middle-eastern....take it easy buddy!

Reply Posted by Ryan on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 11:30
The assault on the 25 year old is a separate incident to the assault on the soldier.the soldier is 28 and was attacked by multiple people.i know this because the soldier is one of my friends, the police have not got a clue who any of the attackers are.you need to source your information better.

Reply Posted by SteaknAlePie on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 13:21
Nicely put Carl. Props.

Reply Posted by Tom on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 13:24
Great comment Carl.

Reply Posted by chels on Thursday July 11 2013 at 08:24
CARL FOR PRIME MINISTER

Reply Posted by LV on Thursday July 11 2013 at 08:45
It comes to something when, in this day and age, everyone jumps the gun when some mentions a solider being attacked, if it was a story about someone who work at asda for example people would just assume some chav, or if a girl got raped it'd be someone from Eastern Europe, because this man is a soldier it's assumed it was a Muslim person. I live in the town centre as well and I have to agree with Carl, There aren't many other races, there maybe a few black families, some oriental and some Asian - but Asian doesn't mean Muslim! All my life the only people I have had to worry about is white people!! I've never had so much as a sideways look from someone of another race! People need to yet some sense into them, we're a small town not and overpopulated, multicultural hub like London.

Regardless of what happened and who the perpetrator is, I hope the victim, their family and anyone else affected by this are ok.

Reply Posted by John on Thursday July 11 2013 at 09:25
Mm just saying there is white Muslims in Barnsley Eastern Europe and lets here from the guy not all others who and what they said just saying

Reply Posted by S on Thursday July 11 2013 at 10:15
Well said Carl, it seems these days any crime committed or reported has to be seen to have a racial motive behind it-obviously that's not always the case but people are quick to point the finger!

Reply Posted by mafia on Friday July 12 2013 at 16:30
I'm not overly happy that people still to this day try and divide ethnic minorities as we are called. It's this simple were all humans with varying degrees of melanin thats it! look up melanin. The rest muslim black oriental white they are all just labels put on humans to divide them and make them think they are different to the next person. #Skinissin

Reply Posted by Doh on Saturday July 13 2013 at 12:29
My husband was jumped on from behind 15 years ago in town. He was left unconscious.
It was a gang of local Barnsley lads.

Had this crime happened then - when my husband was attacked - everyone would have blamed local lads. But now, everyone has to jump on the racial band wagon and blame the minority. Wake up people. We're our own worst enemies.

The only people I fear in the town center are LOCAL drunken and drugged up people who go round screaming for blood.