Police Appeal After Distinctive Motorbike Is Stolen

Friday July 5 2013

Have you seen this bike? Have you seen this bike?

POLICE are appealing for help to locate a missing motorbike that is alleged to have been stolen in Barnsley.

At 4am on June 14,  officers received reports of a burglary at Autoshine on Lambra Road. It is believed that the locks on the gate have been attacked and removed to gain access to the yard.

The offenders have then gained access to the workshop area where a large quantity of Snap On tools, cash and a Suzuki GSX-R 1000 motorcycle have been taken.

The motorcycle is described as having unique paintwork in the Lucky Strike racing colours and also shows the signature of motorcycle star Barry Sheene airbrushed along the tank.

A number of other vehicles have also been found to be damaged within the premises.

Officers would like to speak to people who may know the whereabouts of the motorcycle or have recently been approached to buy some Snap On tools.

Anyone with information is urged to contact police on 101 of call Crimestoppers anonymously quoting incident number 244 of 14 June 2013.

Reply Posted by zoe on Friday July 5 2013 at 10:16
There is a reward for its safe, undamaged return.

Reply Posted by Ian on Friday July 5 2013 at 10:43
Possibly zooming up and down the fields behind our house we have made several complaints to our councillor but get the standard reply.....probably find 60% of stolen bikes in this way but they just cant be bothered well I told the councillor someone will get injured before long and in Rotherham a couple of days ago a 4 year old girl was run down on the main road and is in hospital critical. Bet Rotherham council and SY Police are interested in off road bikers now in that area!!! Sorry for rant and hope the owner gets there bike back soon.

Reply Posted by baz on Saturday July 6 2013 at 05:50
bad news that hope u get it bac my lad had is bike nick coppers wont even come out

Reply Posted by dave wright on Sunday July 7 2013 at 14:17
is it a police mans cos they did nothing to get my nephews back,ill help when then they look for my nepphews untill enjoy riding mate

Reply Posted by Gem on Monday July 8 2013 at 09:00
What's so important about this bike? My 18yr old brothers bike was stolen, the police didn't do anything about his, may not av been as expensive as this one but it still ment something to him, now he's been without a bike for months, as he can't afford another..

Reply Posted by sam on Monday July 8 2013 at 09:08
Insurance Gem? Either your brother had it and the theft is covered, or he didn't have insurance and wasn't riding it (legally anyway) .
And Ian, are you for real? 60% of stolen bikes end up on that same field? I You don't know much about stolen vehicle trading do you? Daft man.

Reply Posted by mark on Monday July 8 2013 at 09:35
I don't call the police now as they don't come out. I'm sick to death of the idiot low life's taking property that clearly doesn't belong to them. If the police won't do anything then I will. So please all you idiots out there I've some expensive gear in my shed that's all been paid for by me by working 12 hour weeks. Come and get it but I won't be responsible for the actions I take when I catch you lol

Reply Posted by Ian on Monday July 8 2013 at 17:40
It was a dig at the Police and Local councillors about illegal off road bikers Sam and not meant to be literally, Daft person.

Reply Posted by zoe on Monday July 8 2013 at 20:03
No Dave its not a police mans bike, it is a local business owners bike, during the break in they also stole hundreds of pounds worth of tools which are required for the owner and his staff to do their job. Due to this robbery not only was their damage to the building but loss of revenue and jobs. Theft is getting bad in Barnsley and should not be tolerated no matter the value or quality.

Reply Posted by Rob on Tuesday July 9 2013 at 08:29
On the same night 5 low life had a go at my bike and failed cops gave me a crime number and that was it.Body parts will go missing when I find them .Go to YouTube and look for darfield fail its my CCTV of them .Scroll to 18 mins that's when they start they keep coming and going for more tools

Reply Posted by Zoe on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 22:09
I doubt for a minute this bike will be flying up and down fields! Maybe a track somewhere. We race motorcycles and know people that do so I will keep my eyes and ears open. People can't have anything these days without the scumbags thinking they an take what they want!

Reply Posted by janetv on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 22:53
My motorbike, special to me was stolen in Barnsley. Cut the chains, left 3 empty coke cans (finger prints?), I got a crime number, no police attended.

Reply Posted by alf on Saturday July 20 2013 at 18:31
should have put stablizers on it.

Reply Posted by lol on Saturday July 27 2013 at 23:23
its an insurance job, it will turn up when he geys paid out .

Reply Posted by eric on Friday August 2 2013 at 14:59