'Pathetic' Man Warned By Judge

Thursday July 4 2013

Barnsley Magistrates' Court Barnsley Magistrates' Court

A MAN who has done only eight hours of unpaid work since mid-January has been branded 'pathetic' by a judge.

Argas Hauberts, 21, had not been seen by his supervisor since early March, Charles McDermid, prosecuting for the Probation Service, told Barnsley Magistrates' Court.

He said Hauberts, of Princess Street, Barnsley, was given 180 hours of unpaid work for driving while banned and giving someone else's name to a police officer. Hauberts had been disqualified in June 2012.

Hauberts, who was not represented by a solicitor, said he had spent a month in Latvia following the death of his grandfather.

He said: "I should have told the Probation Service. I did not and I am really sorry. I realise how seriously driving while disqualified is considered by the court."

District Judge John Foster gave Hauberts until September 4 to get most of the unpaid work done and adjourned sentencing.

He said: "It's pathetic you have completed only about eight hours of unpaid work since January.

"I expect the work to be nearly completed when I see you again. I want you to understand the consequences if the circumstances are similar to today."

Hauberts admitted failing to comply with the terms of a community order.

Reply Posted by LV on Thursday July 4 2013 at 14:06
He realises how seriously it is considered by the courts? Does he realise how serious it actually is?! What a joke!! Send him home to mourn! Why is it you always hear "I know I should have told you" and it's always followed by BUT! If he knows he should have told them why didn't he?! I agree with the judge! Pathetic!!

Reply Posted by dave wright on Friday July 5 2013 at 11:10
no judge works at a magistrates court they just think they are,its a power trip

Reply Posted by Steve on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 22:19
Yeah they are called 'District Judges' at Magistrates mate

Reply Posted by sarah pointon on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 22:32
District judges replaced the stipendary magistrate, both who are paid. Its the magistrates who sit in 3's on the bench that are there voulantary.

Reply Posted by tony pointon on Wednesday July 10 2013 at 22:38
He would not have been dealt with so leniently if Rosenberg were still sitting at Barnsley, nor old Stanley Palmer from the 70's & 80's.

Reply Posted by Brian on Thursday July 11 2013 at 17:30
Another criminal foreigner, deport him back to Latvia, problem solved.

Reply Posted by Fred on Friday July 12 2013 at 19:03
I agree Brian, Kick em all out.

Reply Posted by King Fred on Friday July 12 2013 at 19:04
I agree with Brian and Fred, the sooner we kick out these immigrant scumbags the better.
We don't want them here.

Reply Posted by Nosferatu on Saturday July 13 2013 at 03:38
King Fred, Fred and Brian have hit the nail on the head, gerrem art filthy immigrants!
The stink!

Reply Posted by lacky on Saturday July 20 2013 at 21:03
not surprised cost of bus fares