Kind Motorist Helps Out Crash Victim

Thursday June 27 2013

Kind-hearted: Jane Kind-hearted: Jane

A KINDHEARTED car driver spent more than an hour in rain and dark conditions caring for a young crash victim who was without a mobile phone.

Jane Lazenby pulled over on South Lane, between Cawthorne and Hoylandswaine, after spotting the injured motorist late last Thursday.

The unknown man, who was on his way home from work at about 10.30pm, said his car had overturned after he tried to avoid a badger, which ran out in front of his vehicle.

Jane, 43, said the hatchback looked to have rolled at least once and the shocked driver, believed to be in his 20s, was shaking and covered in cuts and bruises.

"I think I went into mummy-mode," said Jane. "I wouldn't have wanted him in a panic situation just being left in complete darkness on a quiet country road, where people put their foot down."

Jane, an artist, helped calm the man, who was travelling towards Hoylandswaine, along with his friend, who arrived in a separate vehicle.

She called for roadside assistance and the man was then taken to hospital, after his mother arrived.

"I'm glad I could do something," Jane added. "If that was me and I was by myself, I would hope to God somebody would've have helped me."

Reply Posted by Diane on Thursday June 27 2013 at 11:31
Just like you Jane. Not everyone would have been so kind. He was in safe hands with you helping him.

Reply Posted by Laura on Thursday June 27 2013 at 14:27
Good on you not many people would of stopped glad everyone is okay! x

Reply Posted by Pessemist on Saturday June 29 2013 at 13:01
So if the driver is unknown Jane herself is going around telling everyone that she did such a good deed. I always thought you did a good deed because you can, not for praise.

Reply Posted by maxine on Wednesday July 3 2013 at 09:20
how terribly rude you are!

Reply Posted by Caroline Wright on Saturday June 29 2013 at 13:42
I am so glad you have put this on here as the man was my son Jane and you left before i had chance to thank you, so i am very grateful to you for staying with him until i got there and organising the recovery vehicle it was very kind of you and restores my faith that some people care about others. Lewis was fine when cleaned up at the hospital and escaped with just cuts and bruises. Once again thank you. x

Reply Posted by maxine on Wednesday July 3 2013 at 09:26
''treat others how you'd like them to treat you''. Well done Jane, sounds like you were in the right place at the right time!! Might have been a different story if the above 'pessemist' had been driving by that night? You should feel very proud for actions :)