Jennings Signs For Reds

Tuesday June 18 2013

Jennings signs for Reds Jennings signs for Reds

BARNSLEY Football Club have completed their first signing of the summer.

Talented winger Dale Jennings, who rose to prominence at Tranmere Rovers, signed on a three-year deal following his release from German giants Bayern Munich.

The 20-year-old Liverpudlian, shown the door by the new European and German champions after an injury-plagued spell, becomes the Reds' first summer signing after undergoing a medical on Monday.

"I spoke to the manager and the assistant manager and they outlined the plans they had for me," said Jennings. "I felt Barnsley was the right club to take me further.

"My time at Bayern Munich has given me a different experience and I have learned a lot from it which I can bring back here.

"It's a great opportunity for me to play football back in England where I want to be and at a high level with a club that has great plans for this season.

"You only have to look at the second half of last season to see that Barnsley would have been in the top six based on those results so it's very exciting.

"I can't expect to turn up and play every week. I will have to work hard and do well for the team to earn the opportunity."

Reply Posted by MICK on Tuesday June 18 2013 at 15:09
Great signing

Reply Posted by Hoyland Red on Tuesday June 18 2013 at 21:54
Certainly got the potential and the management team are the right people to get the best out of him - the signs are good at the moment.

Reply Posted by Barnsley Truth on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 03:28
One very sick puppy.

Reply Posted by no name on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 11:59
Played in the reserves in the Regional bundesliga only, on par with the conference league, hope this dont back fire.

Reply Posted by East on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 12:03
We have a good midfield, we need someone to stick the ball in the net and surely our priority should be to sort out Steele's contract to help prevent the other team sticking the ball in the net. We aren't going to get a keeper of his standard coming to the club, especially not for nothing so get Steele's contract sorted (prefereably before next Fridays S.ticket renewal deadline.

Reply Posted by rainbow on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 19:23
The directors are hoping he may turn into another Hammil so they can sell him on at a profit.