Pony Recovering After Callous Attack

Friday June 14 2013

Callous attack on pony Callous attack on pony

A PONY is recovering after being shot in the face with a 20-inch bolt arrow.

The RSPCA, who are appealing for information about the incident, has described the act as a ‘callous and brutal act of animal cruelty’.

The 10-year-old mare, Bambi, was in her field in Hoyland when the incident happened. The RSPCA believe the arrow was most likely shot from a crossbow.

Bambi was spotted with the arrow sticking out of her face by a member of the public Monday evening.

An RSPCA spokeswoman said: "Bambi was examined by a vet and the arrow was cropped. She was then taken to the Churchfield Veterinary Centre’s equine unit at Penistone the next day.

"Bambi was x-rayed and it revealed that the arrow had gone in to her sinus about four inches deep."

Reply Posted by Vicky on Friday June 14 2013 at 11:27
evil horrible sick twisted people!! poor Bambi get well soon

Reply Posted by paula on Friday June 14 2013 at 11:28
how cruel can the human race be people that do this make me sick and i would gladly shoot a crossbow at there empty heads Hope Bambi is feeling better

Reply Posted by Mark on Friday June 14 2013 at 11:28
I hope the person who did this is going to be caught and punished.

Reply Posted by mark on Friday June 14 2013 at 11:37
Sick twisted bastards. Find the idiots and hang them by their bollcoks

Reply Posted by AHR on Friday June 14 2013 at 11:55
Sadly Mark they haven't any Boll*cks, if they had they wouldn't have done what they did.

Reply Posted by Nicola on Friday June 14 2013 at 12:04
Evil twisted sick bastards , animal abuse is how murders start off I really hope they get caught and let the animal rights people on them , but that's not gonna happen is it a slap on hands maybe a fine and a ban from keeping animals is all they will get , where's the f***ing justice . Get all the murders pedos animal abusers and ship them all to empty Island with no food no Water and hope they die a long slow painful death

Reply Posted by stevo on Friday June 14 2013 at 14:02
Totally agree, what a sick world we live in.

Reply Posted by Nicola on Friday June 14 2013 at 15:30
Stevo agrees with me , I volunteer part time at a animal rescue and there's some very sad story's , I strongly recommend if any one is considering getting a pet then please rescue one and give an animal a second chance in life . Too many animals in need of a loving forever home . But back to this story as I said above justice needs to be done as the animals laws need to be changed and make the penalty tougher.

Reply Posted by stevo on Friday June 14 2013 at 15:47
Nicola, yes I do!
I am definitely an animal lover, would have loved a dog but both me and my partner are allergic to dog hair and we both work so wouldn't be fair getting a dog that doesn't shed hair.

Back on topic, the sooner these scumbags get locked up the better!
No doubt this will make the national press too, yet another nail in the coffin for Barnsley.

Reply Posted by lyndon on Friday June 14 2013 at 16:17
what can anyone possibly get out of doing something like this? got to be seriously disturbed. Cowardly freaks

Reply Posted by Nicola on Friday June 14 2013 at 19:26
Well we have more in common than I thought Stevo , I too am allergic to fur but I have kinda got used to it been round animals so much .
I hope they get caught too but very much doubt much or enough will be done , same with Isaac that poor staffy that got burnt to death in Sheffield the law needs to change and make sentencing much tougher .
My dog who sadly passed away almost two years ago was a rescue puppy who lived to the age of 12, his mum was been starved and badly treated the person who did this got banned from keeping animals that's it to me that's not good enough .

Reply Posted by Cathy on Friday June 14 2013 at 20:28
I hope the people responsible for this attack are caught and punished very quickly. If they are capable of this then what else are they capable of? Very worrying that such people are walking the streets, they need locking up and the key throwing away.

Reply Posted by les on Saturday June 15 2013 at 01:54
This sounds like ther may be a connection
to someone been shot at a couple of years ago with a crossbow. somewhere along dovecliffe.
Large crossbows are not that common around here and mostly used infields and woods because there an obvious site.
If our horse community friends spot anyone with a crossbow. he will be put in the propper hands.
I for one hate evil bastards that think this kind of sadism can be got away with

Reply Posted by Cheryl on Saturday June 15 2013 at 09:01
How sad is this !!!!!, i find it hard to imagine anyone wanting to harm a poor defenceless animal never find fire a crossbow into a horse's face......... it's actually brough tears to my eye's thinking about it, the world has gone crazy
well there has been enough publicity on this story for the culprit to have read how people feel, and hopefully if reading these comments made i hope you read this one too.............. your a sick twisted person, who should be punished........ i hope you get found out and when you do you have the same punishment delivered to you, let someone fire a cross bow into your head and let you feel the pain that could linger on for days, you should be ashamed of yourself !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Posted by Liam on Saturday June 15 2013 at 10:34
Let the public deal with whoever did this as there's not much deterrent from animal cruelty in the courts. They will probably get a slapped wrist and community service at best. If they are caught names will be revealed and I'm sure there will be lots of people happy to give them something to think about on Bambi's behalf

Reply Posted by J on Saturday June 15 2013 at 19:56
Freaks of nature.........need the same doing to them. I will give them a 10 second start before hunting them down with a cross bow !!!!

Reply Posted by Colett on Monday June 17 2013 at 09:06
You can't hide a cross bow someone.must have some idea,if so give out some information,for who knows the perso who did this is sick you may be his next victim.?

Reply Posted by samantha thompson on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 22:07
I'm absoloutley disgusted !!!!! Hope they get caught and sent to prison ! Poor bambi

Reply Posted by Kate on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 22:14
Absolutely disgusting!!! Hope they get caught and punished!!!!

Reply Posted by sue on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 22:17
Sick evil pathetic saddos..shud shoot them

Reply Posted by Karen on Wednesday June 19 2013 at 22:36
The worst thing is, they are probably still laughing at their own bravado and thought it was fun. I don't understand how anyone can be so sick and twisted. Poor bambi x

Reply Posted by Kirsty on Thursday June 20 2013 at 02:04
This makes me sick! How can we call ourselves a nation of animal lovers when things like this happen all the time. Something needs to change! Animals need more rights! As long as they have food, shelter and arnt getting visibly abused even the RSPCA don't care!! Who ever did this deserves a real punishment not just a slap on the wrist.