Upload a photo Upload a video Upload an mp3 Upload an event

News


Faulty Dehumidifier To Blame For House Blaze

Thursday June 13 2013


Fire in home Fire in home


A FAULTY dehumidifier filled a Barnsley home with smoke after catching fire on Tuesday afternoon.

Barnsley firefighters went to the blaze on Genn Lane, Ward Green at around 2pm after the occupier returned home from work to find the property completely smoke-logged.

The fire was out when firefighters arrived, but two crews from Barnsley and one from Cudworth fire station used specialist equipment to help ventilate the house.

The Fire Victim Support Unit was sent to the incident to offer support to the family, when it became clear the house could not be lived in.

Fire crews left the scene just before 3pm.

Leave a comment
comments powered by Disqus