Breaking News: Asda Incident

Friday June 7 2013

Police release statement Police release statement

THE police has released brief information on an incident at Asda, after many of you had mentioned it on our Facebook page.

It is believed that one man received injuries to his back.

If anyone has information they are urged to contact South Yorkshire Police on 101 quoting incident number 1129 of 6 June.

More details will be released in due course and we'll keep you informed of any developments.

Reply Posted by Fred on Friday June 7 2013 at 16:21
Not much info there to go on - people have already stated they was there at the time and saw a stabbing - maybe these people need to contact the police and tell them what they saw.

Reply Posted by Ladidada on Friday June 7 2013 at 18:07
Fred - I'm pretty sure the Police know what's gone off, they just won't release a full statement yet if they're still investigating things. But I do agree, people need to come forward.

Reply Posted by Anon on Friday June 7 2013 at 18:14
Am hearing that a man was killed, if this is true don't you think we should know about this if its a matter of public safety. The world is becoming a cruel and horrible place to live, I worry for our children. Assaults, attempted abductions and killings what next? I think the public should be informed of any major incidents so we can make ourselves safe and be extra vigilant when we walk the streets

Reply Posted by ??? on Friday June 7 2013 at 18:51
I heard that a young boy was killed wats this world cuming to at one point we used be able to let our kids play out on the streets n now we keep then cooped up so sad

Reply Posted by concerned parent on Friday June 7 2013 at 22:21
a fella on the bus today was talking about it. said his son works at asda and its a 12yr old boy that was stabbed, he was 'allegedly' at the caah machine and the lads had a go at him so he stuck up for him self. how true this is I dont know but its scary to think if this has happened no one is safe anymore. hope who ever it was is going to be ok :-(

Reply Posted by Fred on Saturday June 8 2013 at 07:53
I wouldn't say it was a 12 year old by what the police have said -- The statement says MEN and MAN, meaning 18 and over
Make you wonder why they don't just check the cameras, they are all over in Asda carpark, including several that just monitor the cash machines.

"At 8.20pm on Thursday June 6, police received reports of an altercation between a number of men on Old Mill Lane in Barnsley. It is believed that one man received injuries to his back."

Reply Posted by c on Sunday June 9 2013 at 23:40
The camera near the cash point doesn't work as i found out when my rear window wiper got ripped of the car.

Reply Posted by paul on Saturday June 8 2013 at 09:43
the first thing police would have done was check cctv, but they still need witnesses to form a prosecution. hope they lock up the offender and throw away the keys!!!!

Reply Posted by Amy on Saturday June 8 2013 at 10:28
I was at that asda litrally an hour before it happened. Im ashamed to actually be bringing up my child in this messed up world. No were is safe anymore!!

Reply Posted by lisa on Saturday June 8 2013 at 12:59
I was there shortly after it happened, and when the police arrived they did speak to a few witnesses, 2 young uns around 13 in school uniforms saw it happen, hope the blokes ok, he looked in a bad way.

Reply Posted by Fred on Sunday June 9 2013 at 22:51
2 kids around 13 in school uniforms at 8.20pm ...... why ?

Reply Posted by Me on Saturday June 8 2013 at 13:49
Listen to ya all I heard this I heard that its like Chinese whispers for gods sake. Everybody always makes it sound worse than it really is. My mum once told me Santa was real but it wa a lie ha ha

Reply Posted by melv on Saturday June 8 2013 at 14:12
Oh my god are u trying to tell me that santa is not real is this true,im 44 n this has come as a shock to me.i'm on a downer now

Reply Posted by JustABloke on Saturday June 8 2013 at 14:31
A friend of mine was almost kicked to death by two guys a month a go cuz he wouldn't give them a cig, now this? What is our town becoming? I always said I'd never leave Barnsley cuz it's home, but with it's residents stabbing and beating each other for more than likely no reason? Sod that. When I have a kid I am not bringing them up around this. This town has gone to the dogs

Reply Posted by shaz7 on Saturday June 8 2013 at 14:50
its not really the town has gone to the dogs its the way of the world. Everyone is turning on each other. its not like its a new thing either... what about the running battles between for example Mods etc in the 60s, and before that the Krays? some people just want to blame whatever or who ever without seeing the wider picture. Yup its wrong but it happens. on the whole everything is wrong, People are fighting about drugs, people are stealing to feed their families, people are being made homeless and being left with nothing.

Reply Posted by Asda worker on Saturday June 8 2013 at 15:58
Yes someone was stabbed near the cash machines and he was around 12

Reply Posted by Rosie on Sunday June 9 2013 at 10:35
For all of those that believe it was a stabbing my brothers mate was there and was asked to make a statement by the police so this is what really happened.

There was two men with a Rottweiler and they were arguing with another man so the two men with the Rottweiler set the dog on this inocccent man, at this point a young lad approached to see if the man was okay but the two other men chased the lad who approached with the dog.

Reply Posted by -- on Sunday June 9 2013 at 12:53
was told there was a stabbing

Reply Posted by notthinktodowithu on Monday June 10 2013 at 00:16
I no who it was but we dont grass

Reply Posted by minnie mouse on Monday June 10 2013 at 09:35
it all comes down to human rights, back in the day parents, teachers n anyone else who saw ya kids up to no good used to be allowed t gi em a thick ear, now ya cant even raise ya hand to ya own kids wi art bein up in front of the law,, n that is y the world as gone nuts, cos there aint no discipline no more, even the police, we used t be scared to death of bobbys, i remember bein stood in bus station wi some wrong ens, n a bobby walked over n slapped round face wi his leather gloves, na kids just laugh at police wen the come up to em n gi em a load ov liip

Reply Posted by katie on Monday June 10 2013 at 18:44
this is my cousin you all on about and he didnt get stabbed at the cash machine have some respect!