Parade Of Troops To March Through Barnsley

Tuesday June 4 2013

Troops set to march through town Troops set to march through town

A PARADE of 120 troops will march through Barnsley town centre on the morning of July 18.

The 3rd Battalion the Yorkshire Regiment will exercise its Freedom of the Borough and will be accompanied by a military band of 30 musicians.

The parade will form up outside Barnsley Town Hall for inspection, before parading through the main thoroughfares of the town centre.

The town's residents are urged to come along to show their thanks and support.

Motorists are advised that there will be a number of temporary road closures in Barnsley town centre on the day of the freedom parade, between mid-morning and early afternoon.

Road closures will be advertised well in advance and drivers will be advised to plan their journeys accordingly.

Reply Posted by Mick Hibbert on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 11:33
Go,the Boys. I'll be there,I hope the streets will be lined.

Reply Posted by john on Tuesday June 4 2013 at 14:58
Can't wait will be there to applaud the lads on for a splendid job they do

Reply Posted by Robert on Thursday June 6 2013 at 14:05
I will be a very proud on-looker supporting our brave troops!

Reply Posted by Jordan on Thursday June 6 2013 at 18:58
I'm not a part of the 3rd Battalion, or even the Army, but I'll show up in my RAF Blues to cheer on our Tri-Service lads.

Reply Posted by Kaz on Monday June 10 2013 at 09:40
I'll be there. I'm so proud of our British Forces.

Reply Posted by LV on Monday June 10 2013 at 10:14
People are also urged to find out their union flags and show their support for Britain and our troops.

Reply Posted by Anon on Monday June 10 2013 at 17:18
I'm not sure what it is people are proud of ? The uk s part in Americas illegal war in Iraq , or the fighting against the result of CIA funding of the Taliban in the 80s and 90s ?

Reply Posted by Anon on Sunday June 16 2013 at 17:07
anyone know what time this will be ?

Reply Posted by Karen Gilmore on Tuesday July 16 2013 at 21:39
Time ???? Amyone ????

Reply Posted by Susan on Wednesday July 17 2013 at 19:18
Has anyone found out what time it is yet please
Thanks

Reply Posted by Dave Bogg on Wednesday July 17 2013 at 20:38
I am immensely proud of our Military both male and female. My grandson James Cooke passes out at Catterick Garrison on Friday one day after this event he will be inducted into the third Battalion The Yorkshire Regiment. There will not be a prouder family than us there on Friday. I will be in Barnsley tomorrow to support our Soldiers I fly the Union Flag proudly in my garden in honor of all our serving Soldiers. If anyone objects to this they can always leave our shores. After all this is Britain. Dave Bogg