We Are Barnsley's Pumpkin Competition - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Thursday November 3 2011

pumpkin halloween pumpkin halloween

We challenged the WABers to a Halloween Pumpkin carving competition on Friday night - and the winner will get a WAB limited edition 'I Talk Tarn' teeshirt.

We've been blown away by all the entries - there's some skilled pumpkin carvers in Barnsley!

It was so hard to choose one winner: so we chose three! All entries will get a WAB Car Sticker but the three I Talk Tarn tee winners are: Kel Fairweather; Dawn Morley and Striker's Angel!

1. Kel Fairweather

23. Kerry Nunn

24. Maxine Hale

25. Nikki Potter

26. Kerry Nunn

27. Connor Grant

28. Tracy Padgett

29. Uploader Unknown (submitted via website)

30. Danny Betts

31. Neil Morley

32. Stacey Wormall

33. Cheryl Green

34. Nikki Ashcroft

35. Charise Oates

Add new comment
Your email address will not be visible to other users of the website when you leave a comment.

Reply Posted by Maximize10 on Monday October 31 2011 at 10:17
erm how do I upload a pic to you? :(

Reply Posted by Sinje777 on Monday October 31 2011 at 10:19

Reply Posted by Mizta C Robin on Monday October 31 2011 at 10:26
you can upload it to the we are barnsley face book page, and they will add it to this competition page.

Reply Posted by Maximize10 on Monday October 31 2011 at 10:27
thats much easier lol thnx x

Reply Posted by Kayhryn1980 on Monday October 31 2011 at 10:28
Love gizmo. I want it please x

Reply Posted by Hmmmm on Monday October 31 2011 at 16:30
Most of these have just been found on google...

Just goto google, type in "PUMPKIN CARVINGS" and then click on the IMAGES tag, you will see most of the above that have just been downloaded and passed off as their own ... CHEATING SCUM

Reply Posted by on Monday October 31 2011 at 17:05
I'm sure that's not the case - I'm sure many locals have used google for inspiration and then made their own. You can clearly see they are on people's kitchen tables etc... (I hope that's the case anyway!)

Reply Posted by Banniesreb on Monday October 31 2011 at 17:29
Just to clarify I do use google for the ideas but the carving is my own and the kids work I think cheating scum is a bit harsh !!!!

Reply Posted by Kel f on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 08:59
we didnt cheat althou i do agree and think one or 2 was googled copied and pasted and stuck on wab site, we only googled the toy story faces and he free hand drew them on the pumpkin as i posted a pic of him doin it on wab site and when it was finished plus i didnt even realise it was a comp i was just showin our pumpkins off for other ppl to see and then i noticed we had been added to a pumpkin comp :-)

Reply Posted by Hmmmm on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 09:37
Yes, and most of the pictures on GOOGLE are also on kitchen tables.. etc

If you are going to do a contest for something like this then you should have asked people to either datestamp the pictures (so you can see it was taken this year) or have them have their name on a slip of paper and have that in the picture also.

Reply Posted by Hmmmm on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 09:39
Found on google images:   http://sleigher75.deviantart.com/art/Gizmo-Pumpkin-Carving-68753810

Reply Posted by Nikki Lee Ashcroft on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 12:45
I googled the image too and then drew it free-hand. (which is why my Gene Simmons looks more like Alice Cooper!!) But I took a pic of both together to prove they were mine and not copied from the internet

Reply Posted by Morley on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 16:35
took my designs off google images, it's not a crime you too obviously use google but if you bothered to look properly you would see they are different as i made it myself, evidently your more jelous than artistic - if you are that bothered send me your e-mail and i'll post you the picture i have of my daughter holding it

Reply Posted by gilly on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 18:48
oh for goodness sake don't be so childish, it couldn't be more obvious that the giszmo pumpkin on wab is not the same picture you just posted from deviant art, you can see part of another one of their pumpkins at the edge of the picture. Did you make one that  you weren't very happy with or something, you sure are taking this very seriously and getting overly stressed about it all. You maybe ought to apologise for calling people cheating scum, but you probably won't. Never mind, there's always next year.

Reply Posted by Donnas Divas on Tuesday November 1 2011 at 22:22
Oh my word what a performance, i didn't google ours but if you look it cleary says i copied it from a friends picture of one she did last year me and my grandaughter carved it out with a vegetable knife and the fiddly bits we poked out with a kebbab skewer haha, it was just a bit of fun for a 6 year old, whats the prize for this competition anyway when i posted the pic there wasn't a competition as far as i was aware just wab asking for punkin pictures to add to the haloween fun, is it a 2 weeks all inc holiday to the Seychelles WAB ?

Reply Posted by robin on Wednesday November 2 2011 at 17:36
who won?

Reply Posted by Hmmmm on Friday November 4 2011 at 08:55
Isn't it strange how one of the winners pumpkins look IDENTICAL to this image found on google

Reply Posted by strikersangel on Friday November 4 2011 at 09:15
how rude some of the comments are, just very jealous people....... I printed the image from the net then drew it on the pumpkin then carved it out. You can even see my kitchen table and kitchen i took the pic with my mobile then uploaded it to the comp then to the net not from BLOODY GOOGLE. Some people do have talent !!!!!!!
WAB thank you for the prizes

Reply Posted by strikersangel on Friday November 4 2011 at 09:24
if your aiming this at mine then clearly look again on large view - mine shows where i drew with marker pen the one you show shows round the top mine the bottom !!!

Reply Posted by strikersangel on Friday November 4 2011 at 09:26
mine is still outside my house if you want to view !!!!!

Reply Posted by nicky on Friday November 4 2011 at 09:48
Congratulations - it's only a bit of fun competition, please don't fall out over it. It's standard practice to download a template from Google - my husband did it for ours.