Barnsley Scraps Controversial Ticket Scheme

Tuesday May 14 2013

Don Rowing Don Rowing

BARNSLEY Football Club's controversial 1912 membership club has been scrapped for next season.

Whereas last season, members of the scheme were entitled to a £3 discount but criticism from fans have seen its scrapping.

Next season, adult tickets will cost £23 for every fan at Oakwell.

The club's season ticket prices have also been confirmed, ranging from £325 to £410 for adults.

With several Yorkshire derbies next season, director Don Rowing is expecting a rise in attendances.

"We welcome Doncaster Rovers back but we're disappointed Sheffield United couldn't have joined us," he said.

"We should see some bigger attendances, and I hope the end-of-season form will help lapsed supporters return."

Reply Posted by Pete on Tuesday May 14 2013 at 12:43
Funny how they didn't go the other way and make it £20! Take a leaf from the Germans book and the fans will come back. Try opening bars in every stand that can serve more than 1 at a time and the money will easy make up for the £3! Christ in the 70s they had pumps that could pull 6 at a time!!!

Reply Posted by IJ on Tuesday May 14 2013 at 12:48
If Barnsley sold 1 pint or 300 pints, it would not make a difference to them. They sub contract the catering out to a third party, so would not see an increased revenue. This also goes for pies etc....so the argument of "all the extra fans buying food and drink....etc" does not really count.

Reply Posted by Pete on Tuesday May 14 2013 at 12:56
Then they need to stop sub contracting and take some business lessons.

Reply Posted by Pete on Tuesday May 14 2013 at 12:56
Then they need to stop sub contracting and take some business lessons.

Reply Posted by Jeff on Tuesday May 14 2013 at 14:20
You a business man then Pete?

Reply Posted by Edd Enuff on Wednesday May 15 2013 at 11:22
£23 to watch another relegation struggle, sorry count me out.??

Reply Posted by Pete on Friday May 17 2013 at 15:03
I don't own my own business no, but I'm heavily involved in helping to make the company i work for money. If you attend matches you will know that trying to get a pint is pathetic at half time, and there is virtually no before or after match day experience. This is an area the club could easily improve to earn £££.

Reply Posted by matt on Sunday May 19 2013 at 13:12
they wanna sort out the toilets in the west stand .... went in for a sunday league cup final other week ... are they a joke???? pissing against a wall into a grate on the floor??

Reply Posted by Cristian on Sunday May 19 2013 at 13:23
Come on lads lets get behind the team!

Reply Posted by dan on Sunday May 19 2013 at 14:02
Must say I am disappointed with bfc,23 quid a match is better than 30 so welcome the reduction but as a season ticket holder I expected the loyalty the club bang on about maybe going the other way,yea a 10quid rise aint much but I was expecting a cut maybe over 700 for me n my good lady t c the same teams bar 6 from last season,n as we sit in lower east near away fans were made to move wen away end is full cause club would rather fill away stand,I love my club but they r only botherd bout the money,I could nearly get 2 munich season tickets for what were charging for 1!! And with 2 young kids am sorry to say ill be spending my 700 elsewhere this summer COYR!!!!

Reply Posted by merlin on Tuesday May 21 2013 at 21:19
Barnsleys top knobs have no idea about the modern game or how best to make the moat of its marketing potential. Every season is a relagation fight because they have no ambition to be anything more than a championship team. £23 to watch league 1 players no thanks specially when its £30 to go to Anfield. Untill there board memebers ditch the safty blanket and put some money into the club instead of useless speeches of where's your passion to a measly 6000 crowd in a ground that holds 22,000 plus then they don't deserve anything more. Passion should push them to do something about it. The fans will only take so much !

Reply Posted by ding dong on Wednesday May 22 2013 at 07:23
46 pound for me and our lass to go watch a match, thats 184 pound a month nearly half my mortgage.i have now got getter things to do with my money then watch a team i know will never get into the premiership with its squad, no thanks