Speed Humps Set To Be Removed

Wednesday April 24 2013

Royston humps set to be removed Royston humps set to be removed

TROUBLESOME speed humps in Royston could be given the boot, according to a Royston councillor.

Cllr Graham Kyte said the traffic calming measures in Midland Road are 'doing more damage than good' and complaints have been made from bus company Stagecoach about them damaging the buses.

He said engineers at Barnsley council have been asked to draw up traffic regulation orders so the humps can be removed.

They were put in place about 15 years ago but have now degraded, he said.

Reply Posted by dean boden on Wednesday April 24 2013 at 14:03
there a pain and what about the ones on russton drive there a night mare

Reply Posted by hi on Wednesday April 24 2013 at 14:12
they should all be removed ,

Reply Posted by denbo seilly on Wednesday April 24 2013 at 14:15
I agree. The ones on Ruston Drive are even worse. Nearly new car and the suspension and steering rack are shot!

Reply Posted by Brian on Wednesday April 24 2013 at 16:15
I feel sure that councillor Kyte was in favour of the road humps when they were put in. Now he wants them taking out. What is this all costing us?

Midland road is a ridiculous stretch of road what with all those humps, bollards and chicanes.

Reply Posted by Mick on Wednesday April 24 2013 at 18:05
I don't know about these speed bumps but they are a big problem in other areas where there are loads of potholes. Swerving about in the road to dodge the pothole & pass the speed hump in the right spot is dangerous.

Reply Posted by Paul on Thursday April 25 2013 at 01:30
I hope some sort of traffic calming measures will still be in place, because I fear Royston will be worse than Cudworth at night. I used to live in Royston and I work in Cudworth and after 9pm its like Silverstone even though there are parked cars on either side of the road whereas Midland Rd. is a relatively open stretch of road without the speed bumps in place because it only has one chicane down at the bottom near the S bend.

Reply Posted by Katie on Friday April 26 2013 at 09:23
Them speed humps are terrible! ... i think I'd agree with the ones outside Parkside Primary School for safety of the children however the rest of them going past the asda and all the way along Midland Road are shocking with how high they are at some points. You've got to slow down to at least 10mph if you don't want a messed up car!

Reply Posted by boston on Sunday April 28 2013 at 17:29
i live in royston .its a school zone and the buses pass every 10 mins . just once i would like them and all the other drivers passing my house too stick too the 20 mph limit so children could feel safe too cross the road where i live .

Reply Posted by Jodie on Wednesday May 1 2013 at 08:14
People that speed will speed anyway regardless of the speed bumps they just slow down when they get to them! The odd time when I have walked down midland road I have heard cars scraping parts of their cars on them! I've seen young lads on motor bikes or mopeds use them as ramps while driving dangerously fast along midland road!!! If the bumps are removed there deffinately needs to be some sort of speed control in place...