Kes Star To Appear Alongside A-Lister

Monday April 15 2013

Dai Bradley Dai Bradley

KES actor Dai Bradley will appear alongside hardman Jason Statham in a new film - and will once again play a character called Billy.

Dai, who played schoolboy Billy Casper in Kes, has a cameo appearance in the film Hummingbird, which will premiere in May.

Hummingbird is an action-packed thriller which tells the story of an ex-special forces soldier who is homeless and on the run from a military court martial when he seizes the opportunity to assume another man's identity - transforming into an avenging angel in the process.

But Dai, 59, is keeping his own character under wraps.

"I would be giving the story away if I mentioned my own character," he said.

Dai said he was approached by the casting agents in March last year and was asked to read to the director.

"Luckily we seemed to get on very well and a couple of weeks later I had a call saying they would like me to play Billy - another Billy!"

Dai filmed a few scenes with Jason and said they got on.

He added: "Yes we were working and doing a job, but it's something that we love. We just got on with our work and enjoyed the occasional chat."

Over 40 years, Dai has enjoyed working with many celebrated actors including Anthony Hopkins, Richard Burton, Christopher Plummer and Hayley Mills.

Reply Posted by Cathy on Monday April 15 2013 at 20:23
Good Luck Dai, hope its a success, sounds a good story behind the film.
Your portrayal of Billy Casper in Kes all those years ago still stays with me, you were excellent and it was a fantastic film and book by Barry Hines.

Reply Posted by Dawn on Thursday April 18 2013 at 17:08
Congratulations to you Dai not only do i remember you in that fabulous film Kes but ive spoken to you where i work in town and what a gentleman you are...best wishes .

Reply Posted by Julie on Thursday April 18 2013 at 17:23
Well done Dai.

Reply Posted by Tony's barbers on Sunday April 21 2013 at 08:07
Good luck del you deserve it pal your a inspiration to us all

Reply Posted by peter crabb on Sunday April 21 2013 at 17:33
you where great in kes and u will be great in your new movie cant wait congratulations m8

Reply Posted by peter crabb on Sunday April 21 2013 at 17:42
give us a buzz sometime would love to talk to u im from rugby Warwickshire my number is 07542153974 congratulations on the new movie m8

Reply Posted by Ro Goodwin on Friday May 10 2013 at 07:49
Congratulations Dai. What a true gentleman you are. . You deserve the very best and your role in Kes was truly inspirational.

Reply Posted by David on Friday January 31 2014 at 14:49
Great news. I 'd like to read your children's books as well.

Reply Posted by Tony Mannig on Thursday August 20 2015 at 17:56
Brilliant film David same age as Billy I hail from rural Manchester old cotton Mills etc, we stole a Sparrow hawk from a chimney stack and successfully brought it to fledge and beyond had similar fun ,my school was as portrayed in the film but like you David I had a ball at school wanting and playing football for Bury FC youth team and in 1969 was chosen along with a friend to play for Bournemouth I took a alternative career path! Stupidly so Kes was so much of my early teen years culturally brilliant film and you and the cast were all fantastic Thankyou!!