Kickboxer Crowned World Champion

Tuesday April 2 2013

Mick Crossland Mick Crossland

A KICKBOXER has achieved his life's dream and won a world title.

Mick Crossland, 31, trainer at The Combat Academy in Wombwell, defeated reigning champion Aiden Brooks for the ICO professional world supermiddleweight kickboxing title in Birmingham.

He said he did not think the victory had yet sunk in as he had been working on achieving it most of his life.

"I feel fantastic, it's been like a dream come true," he said. "I don't think it's properly sunk in yet but the amount of support I've had from people has been overwhelming. People I haven't spoken to in ten years have called me and famous fighters have congratulated me. It's amazing."

Reply Posted by James Kellett on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 13:17
An inspiration to many, shows you that a small town can still have champions

Reply Posted by Gary Brewster on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 13:27
well done Mister Crossland, an inspiration to a lot of people in a struggling town, keep up the good work

Reply Posted by Dave wilson on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 15:25
Well done mick
Top man
Coach and friend
Respect

Reply Posted by Frank on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 15:35
Congratulations to Mick Crossland for winning the title and brinning good news for Wombwell and Barnsley. Should be on front page of The Barnsley Chronicle.

Reply Posted by guesty mcguest on Tuesday April 2 2013 at 15:43
Mick the Dragon Crossland, He is the real deal anyone with any interest should watch some of his fights on YouTube, very entertaining fighter with great style. He's got the lot, power, speed and great movement, as well as being a genuinely nice bloke. Should get much more publicity than he does, we have some great fighters in Barnsley that get hardly any press.

Reply Posted by neil crossland on Wednesday April 3 2013 at 01:09
well done son, so pround of you.

Reply Posted by Anthony smith on Wednesday April 3 2013 at 09:59
Well done mick I was at the midland mayhem 2 and you was fantastic you deserve it mate you are an inspiration to all British fighters :-)

Reply Posted by D don on Wednesday April 3 2013 at 23:08
Wedge stop giving it the big'n , micks nicest guy ul ever meet and he's a great fighter , grow up man

Reply Posted by Terry on Friday April 5 2013 at 12:49
I don't think I know Mick but congratz, its brilliant to see Yorkshire and Barnsley itself getting known from people like yourself Mick, inspiration to bring to us in Yorkshire. Anything is possible.

Highlights from the fight /watch?v=9kaTUc8Of4I