Barnsley - Tell Us What Makes You Proud

Friday October 14 2011

We'd love for you to share in our celebration of all things Barnsley - tell us what makes you proud about Barnsley...and every person who does so will get a WAB car sticker and the chance to win a loud and proud I Talk Tarn tee-shirt!

To join in, comment in the box below or tweet #PoB11

Reply Posted by Tonydevoy on Saturday October 15 2011 at 19:19
In spite of everything, or maybe because of everything we can keep smiling.  As the late, great Charlie Williams said; "Tha's got ter laugh ant tha!"

Reply Posted by Jane Ward on Wednesday December 7 2011 at 16:49
Barnsley for bargains  Barnsley for banter un Barnsley folk for the friendliest on the planet

Reply Posted by Jason naylor on Thursday December 8 2011 at 10:59
come on what can a say i ant got a wrong word to seh abart tarn am proud to live in tarn got a great football club for a start an tarn as a lot of some good history ive had some good time,s n some bad one,s too but like us tarn we keep smileing just look at kipper he keep,s us smileing [UP THE REDS] SO PROUD AM FROM TARN

Reply Posted by GuestyMcGuest on Thursday December 8 2011 at 12:37
The fact that Barnsley has Mapplewell, the greatest village on earth in it's borders.

Reply Posted by AshSmith on Saturday December 10 2011 at 13:51
Our accent says it all! best accent in the WORLD!!

I TALK TARN!!

Reply Posted by Gbst1300 on Sunday December 25 2011 at 00:11
Barnsley has it all and its got Worsbro Dale were I was Born and my brother still lives I have lived in Australia since 1972 I worked at Barnsley Main Colliery From 15 years then onto Wenthworth~Silkstone Colliery when they closed there was no work for a collier so me my wife and two very small kids up and went to Australia and arrived with $400.00 Dollars $200.00 spent on an old car that lasted 8 years started work 2 days after arriving now 65 just retired with a good life my little girl Lisa is a school teacher with 3 beautiful boys & my son is a builder with a beautiful little girl my wife Sandra from Kingstone and I are well in health grand kids are doing very well in school so what more could one ask for but I do miss my BARNSLEY   ~~You can take the boy out of Barnsley But you cant take the BARNSLEY out of the boy~~ I miss fishing on the CUT Behind Grimes Garage and on RES Am sitting at mi computer listening to TARN radio cant be bad Love to BARNSLEY Geoff Brown and Family Campbelltown Sydney Australia...

Reply Posted by Dave Graham on Wednesday January 4 2012 at 23:13
Brilliant Town ,People,Football Club,accent,all located at the centre of the known universe in the socialist republic of South Yorkshire .

Reply Posted by Geoffrey Brown on Thursday January 5 2012 at 02:09
Pretoria In the Dale is were a cume frum Geoff !!! fighting wi~Melvin Pleasant~ was one of my pass times but a could run faster than him but the bricks used to hurt like hell playing kick art can near Longleys boat yard was great catching stickle backs on Cut~canal~was were a learned to fish got mi first Perch there getting mi government supplied boots too big shorts same blue shirts and the same blue trench coat that touched the ground but mi mam took it up but a looked like a shilling dinner on Wit~ Sunday all the other kid would take the piss out of us cos they new they were council supplied Or Government a remember mi mam putting cardboard in mi shoes cos i had a oil in the soil ~~~~~~~
BUT WHAT A PLACE TO LIVE ~~~ PRETORIA  WORSBRO DALE Live on forever
   Geoff Brown SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

Reply Posted by Rebecca Lovesherfamily Merrett on Tuesday January 10 2012 at 18:31
Lucas Sutheren see Barnsley independent pg 4 This brave little Barnsley born and Bred lad who attended Gawber Primary School was Diagnosed with Leukemia but is fighting back against this disease and is doing a sponsored walk to raise funds for others who are suffering, this kind of tough, kind spirit is a shining beacon in Barnsley showing how the great folk of Barnsley raise kind thoughtful kids who are fighters!! I have met this lads parents and they are great people who work hard and always have a smile for local people. People of Barnsley I am proud and I am sure you are too!.

Reply Posted by Joshua higgs on Sunday May 15 2016 at 07:33
Kes. Great writer and film.