Man Dies In Darfield Fire

Wednesday March 27 2013

Fire in Darfield Fire in Darfield

A MAN has died after a fire at a house on Woodhall Road in Darfield.

Three fire engines from Cudworth, Barnsley and Tankersley stations were called to the fire at 4:40pm on Tuesday.

The ground floor of the semi-detached house was well alight. Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire.

The man, who is believed to be in his sixties, was the only person in the property at the time.

A full investigation into the cause of the fire will take place on Wednesday.

Reply Posted by steph on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 10:20
Poor guy. They should have left the brampton station open they might have got there quicker and been able to save the guy. And why did the manvers one not respond to it seen at its there for incase this type of thing happens.

Reply Posted by Mick on Thursday March 28 2013 at 12:01
Steph i live next door to the man in question my wife broke the door in to try to get to him but was beaten back by the flames and smoke before the fire service got there but i agree brampton would have been quicker possibly but the fire had taken hold really quickly and the fire officer said he had never seen such a bad fire . we are all sad for the loss of a good friend and neighbour

Reply Posted by Mollie on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 12:29
R I P

Reply Posted by john on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 16:00
R.i.p to a lovely man!

Reply Posted by WAYNE on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 16:51
poor man RIP

Reply Posted by dave wright on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 20:25
r.i.p quiet man but never caused no trouble ,shame

Reply Posted by dave wright on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 20:25
r.i.p quiet man but never caused no trouble ,shame

Reply Posted by mr x on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 21:52
didnt the brampton station burn down

Reply Posted by Jez on Thursday March 28 2013 at 15:21
R.I.P. My mate! Gunna miss that smile of thine!

Reply Posted by Jackie on Thursday March 28 2013 at 15:43
R.i.p to the person I used talk to and service everytime he come in for fish n chip will be every sadly missed

Reply Posted by sharon on Sunday March 31 2013 at 18:14
R.I.P Les mi old quiz buddy gunna be sadly missed

Reply Posted by darfield lad on Wednesday April 17 2013 at 13:18
Just had lass from fire service checking homes in darfield making sure homes are fitted with smoke alarms.

I didn't know or hear about the blaze untill she told me, I have 2 young kids and now I'm going to check my alarms every week without fail.

Rest In Peace to the man who's life was taken, and thoughts are with his family.