Fears For Future Of Kes Pub

Monday March 25 2013

We Are Barnsley We Are Barnsley

THE licensee of the Cudworth pub where part of the film Kes was shot fears the iconic building could be knocked down.

The Pontefract Road pub - owned by Enterprise Inns - was put up for sale two weeks ago.

Licensee Adele Sellars says she's worried the building could be knocked down after having her own bid for the pub refused.

"It's the landmark of Cudworth," she said.

"It's scary to think that in six months' time it could be knocked down in favour of new houses or a supermarket that people don't want."

The 48-year-old took over the pub in October, and the pub wasn't in the best of states having been closed for five months.

Adele says finding out her bid had been refused was very upsetting.

"I will keep it open until the end, but when people know that a pub is closing they tend to go elsewhere."

Reply Posted by Simon Walsh on Monday March 25 2013 at 15:36
Hmmmm...decent sized building, good sized car park. Wonder if they have one of the supermarkets lined up to buy it to open as a mini market. I wonder.

Reply Posted by melv on Monday March 25 2013 at 17:36
which pub is it???

Reply Posted by phil on Monday March 25 2013 at 18:08
It's Dards

Reply Posted by jon harper on Monday March 25 2013 at 18:12
years since ive heard "dards" not living in the county anymore.... BUT my dad was in the film KES..so im in favour of saving all and any memories of the film.... jon

Reply Posted by Dave Wright on Monday March 25 2013 at 18:37
I hope the get rid ov the dive stop al swetty grimiers coming to the CUD

Reply Posted by will ryder on Monday March 25 2013 at 19:55
in the kes film , the lad who gets sent off in the football match was the landlord in the dards for a few years , dave glover is his name ,,,,,,,,,,

Reply Posted by BAd man on Wednesday March 27 2013 at 20:15
Haha dave wright!!!!! They might not bang thi then

Reply Posted by chels on Friday March 29 2013 at 14:16
They've knocked down the school that was in kes. My old high school. Now the pub. Its stupid.

Reply Posted by janice robinson on Friday March 29 2013 at 14:31
How very dare you Dave Wright,were not all same. you cudether lol

Reply Posted by someone on Monday April 1 2013 at 11:40
the school was the iconic building. no one cared about that being knocked down. why should anyone care about a pub that was in the film for about 2 minutes?

Reply Posted by Barry on Monday April 1 2013 at 12:22
I hope no name has proof of what they say. We Are Barnsley can get your IP address chase you down and the landlady can have you up in court. I you had said anything in the same fashon about me I would be asking WAB for this information.

Reply Posted by laura n ian n clint on Sunday April 21 2013 at 22:59