Kendray Parents Sent Warning Letters About Naughty Kids

Thursday October 13 2011

TWENTY families in Kendray have had warning letters about their naughty kids who are causing anti-social behaviour on Reginald Road.

South Yorkshire Police's Safer Neighbourhood team for the area was asked to look in to increasing nuisance around the area and have so far sent 20 letters to parents, warning them to get their kids to shape up.

Two people have also been placed on acceptable behaviour contracts and five people have been sent for alcohol awareness training for them and their parents in a bid to crack down on bad behaviour.

A spokesman said: "The alcohol awareness session is where youths who have been found in possession of alcohol on the street are referred to a meeting that takes place for about two hours in the evening. One of their parents accompanies them as well. The parents and youths are then given information about the risks and problems associated with young people drinking on the street."

Reply Posted by Kendray Stinks on Thursday October 13 2011 at 11:00
And you really think this is going to do any good? The parents are probably worse than the kids

Reply Posted by polly68 on Thursday October 13 2011 at 12:57
It's about time. I get fed up of going in my local shop and seeing kids throw money across demanding what they want, no manners and no respect. Dreading onset of bonfire night and threats from kids cos you refuse to give them money to spend on rubbish, just glad my own kids know better and have respect for their neighbourhood and the people who live there.

Reply Posted by Cozreece on Thursday October 13 2011 at 13:35
RESPECT costs nothing but sadly far too many kids dont av the parental guidelines in this action ;-(

Reply Posted by knottla_lad on Thursday October 13 2011 at 19:55
give the little tw*ts a good hiding, the give the parents a good hiding

Reply Posted by nosy on Monday October 17 2011 at 12:51
theres only one thing I can say to this but it'll have to wait till I pick myself up off the floor when I've stopped laughing so hard from the sheer comedic value of it all.

Reply Posted by Mary on Tuesday October 18 2011 at 13:09
What do you suggest then Nosy? just let them carry on with the anti-social behaviour? people like you make me laugh!